What are your skillz?

This isn't a "Miscellaneous" thread. It's a "Site Discussion" thread. Put two and two together, peoples. :p

Heh...intesrting idea. Unfortunatly, Rom hacking isn't any part of this site, so that counts most of what I could do Pokémon Involved around here >_< But, ya, I'm in the process of getting a PMD2 Rom (Duh) where I could get basicly ever Wondermail Code and store it's data on my computer. So, that itself would make a decent page.

Hmmm... ok. *hits himself in head* sorry, I was spaced out for a second

I can write good content
uhm... sorta make graphics
know some HTML/CSS/etc.

I think that's it.

My name is Jared. I have been playing and collecting the Pokemon Trading Card Game since it was released in Australia. I like to discuss and write about strategies, decks, and the TCG in general. (Although, I am already a Strategist. :p)

Other than that...I don't really think I have any "skillz" that would benefit a Pokemon website.

I know some html and css, I can do graphic designing like banners, buttons, and whatnot, but most importantly, I'm a 2vs2 freak in competitive battling, and when I say freak, I mean it! ;p I can write articles and the like for anything related to 2vs2. I can do 1vs1 as well, but who wants to read about that?!

Kevin Garrett said:
I think a sample of your knowledge and writing abilities would be a better way of doing this.

I've got an article posted on this site actually about 2vs2 and a whole bunch on Team Twilight's Site.

I also know chinese, Japanese, and Golongican.

... j/k

I sucked badly at the TCG last time, being second last at Nats and going 3-3 in my Cities. Recently, I've just won my country's only BR with an Empoleon deck known as Rush, so, I'm improvong. :pI also helped with my friend's Metanite deck last season, and he went undefeated at league for 4 weeks...So basicaly, all I do is TCG, maybe a little bit of spriting, but I suck badly at the game, trust me. :p I also can...err...finish 2 cups of coca-cola within 3 minutes. :F

And I can speak English, Malay and Chinese(Only getting 20/100 here. :p).

I can speak German and English :p
I play the PokeTCG and won a State with a Deck I have made one day before and no test games ^^
I can make good Signatures ^^
I have many Postcounters xDxDxDxDxD
I have much Skill =)

Ok, can't help you myself, but since you got quite some replies, I can help you choose. pika2 really knows about PHP/HTML/CSS ans stuff. I contacted him before, because I am about (oh well... maybe) to make my own web site and he really knows that. =) Hope it helped (at all).

:F

I'll have to second what Dr. Ooler :F just said. I've met pika2 once in real life. Also, from what I've seen with what he does with team websites, I think he could help a lot with pokebeach :).

Just a reference for him =)

MewtrickForever said:
Does anyone posting here need references?

I doubt people would go ahead and say "OH OH!!! GIVE ME A REFERANCE SO I GET PICKED!!!" However, you may give a ref to anyone you'd like, I imagine. I don't know if a referance will facilitate anything, or anything.

Just my 2 cents :). Also, is this still being looked over by WPM or whoever is supervising this?

Alot of people recognize me as a good artist on this forum, and I love spriting sooooo much.

It started like this:

About the time I joined I had seen these pokemon with parts from other pokemon, I was amazed! I wanted to make them too, so it took me a month to find what you needed to sprite, guides on how to sprite, and tutors. Well, I din't get tutored, since the tutors never really did help me, so I learned on my own. About a month later I had a sprite shop which became a hot thread, but is dead now, I made banners for teams and clans, I worked for many shops, I joined artisan cave, and I kept getting better at spriting.

The best parts of my spriting career were when I was finnaly allowed in the the elite spriters of pokebeach, but sadly I was in a long pause at spriting, so I am currently inactive there. :[ Another time that made me proud to be a spriter was when Palmer said he was honored when I had joined The Spriting Icon Game thread.

Now the bad parts of my career :'[. Well, the worst part of my career was when PB was down, And that's what caused me to not sprite for some time. Another time was when my sprite shop had died. I hated that. But I guess this is the only stuff that was bad in my career.

My goals in spriting are to one day be as good as Dragonfree from the cave of dragonflies, that person's spriting skills are amazing and I wanna be just like that. Another goal would to be in a really big contest and win on this forum. I would love that.

And I guess this is almost everything about me and spriting.

While I'm fairly new to the PokeBeach community, I have been active on other websites (including eBay through my dad, as I am only 16 and unble to hold an account yet, so I have to tell him what to do) where I have posted two guides

http://reviews.ebay.com/Pokemon-Cards-What-is-a-First-Edition-Unlimited-Card_W0QQugidZ10000000004251681
http://reviews.ebay.com/Pokemon-Cards-The-Difference-Between-Base-1-and-Base-2_W0QQugidZ10000000004251676

and am currently wroking on 3 more (A complete guide to each card series - would work well with the series lists you already have up, a guide about shadowless Pokemon cards, packs, and boxes, and a guide to error cards). A website like PokeBeach would allow me to post larger and more images, making it easier to provide a clear explaination. I have a ton of ideas that would work in really well with the already existing features of Pokebeach.

I am very knowledgable about cards from the Base 1 - Gym Challenge series (I have well over 15,000 cards from those sets) and the original Black Star Promo set, know quite about cards from the Neo sets, and are limited in the newer sets (enough to know basic facts and info, but not strategies, etc).

I would enjoy getting involved in a website that has given me so much.

vilebaseball

Sylar said:
I doubt people would go ahead and say "OH OH!! GIVE ME A REFERANCE SO I GET PICKED!!"

Oooops, I wrote that wrong. What I meant was, do you need a reference to get picked for whatever this is for?

^References would be interesting.

I guess my best skill would have to be organization. I am able to focus on what ever I need to until the job is done. I hate it when things get out of place and become a mess(you may find me to edit my post a lot because of this). I have been a member here for over a year now and love how much it has grown in just that time. I don't have any awsome computer knowledge or perfect writing as I'm only fourteen. I guess that's all I have to say about me and will keep my mouth shut now(in this thread anyway).

My turn:

I draw pokemon fairly good. (Drawing pokemon is not my strong point, though.)

I play the TCG as well as collecting it. I've only been playing for 5-6 years, but I have been collecting since I was 3. (I'm 14.) First card was a base set Bellsprout. I have 3 completely filled boxes that are about 3 feet long. I would estimate about 6000.

I've been playing the video games since they first came out. First game was Blue. I own almost all of the GB/DS games. I know lots of stratagies.

I could find information and make stratagy combos for cards.

That's pretty much all I can say.

Well, as I said, Uchihablood & Dark Bliss are my references. If they're not too stubborn to post here :p...

Anyway, is this like the expert program and the stratagist program put together???

Sylar said:
Well, as I said, Uchihablood & Dark Bliss are my references. If they're not too stubborn to post here :p...

Anyway, is this like the expert program and the stratagist program put together??
I don't think so. IMO, I think WPM just wants to know who's good and what they can do, so that he might be able to use their help for future projects. Maybe.

I don't think that I am a expert spriter but I'm the only one here on pokebeach that makes neon pokemons. A while back I deleted the program I used to make the neon pokemons but I can get that program again. I have been playing pokemon since it came out and know different strategies in Pokemon Diamond and Pearl. Yes I am a gamefreak. I am a giant pokemon fan and aside from pokemon I am really skilled in other games like Shooters, other RPG, and ETC.

Back