What Books are You Reading & What Do You Like About Them? Book Reviews Encouraged!!

RE: What books are you reading?

For my English II class we have to read The Hot Zone and it is so awfull the way it goes into GREAT detail about the ebola virus. But it is scary good. :D

^If your forced, your world is gonna suck while you read that...

I am now reading bamboo people, and I am the first one to check it out... EVAR... In our school.

Red Nails by Robert E. Howard.

I'm reading the book Michael Vey: Prisoner of Cell 25. So far, the book is really cheesey, but then again, it was recommended to me by my older sister :p

^That is what you get for listening to you sister!

Bamboo people rocks, you should all read it.

MrGatr said:
^That is what you get for listening to you sister!

Bamboo people rocks, you should all read it.

That book is awesome! It gave me nightmares for a while ^^. I like books like that.

Has anyone else here read The City of Ember? The book series is really good, but the movie made was terrible! It plows through half the book in 5 minutes!

I just got finished reading "My Girlfriend is a Geek: Volume 1," and I'm working on reading a book called "Stuff: Compulsive Hoarding and the Meaning of Things."

FlamingDriscoll09 said:
That book is awesome! It gave me nightmares for a while ^^. I like books like that.

Has anyone else here read The City of Ember? The book series is really good, but the movie made was terrible! It plows through half the book in 5 minutes!
So I shouldn't watch the movie? I was told it was pretty good.

Oh, and I'm rereading the Artemis Fowl series. Then I plan on reading all the 39 Clues again.

@pokemon99

If you have read the book, don't watch the movie because then you'd hate it.

Some movie critics who aren't familiar with the book give it good reviews, though, so if you haven't read the book, I'd recommend giving the movie a shot.

I'm currently reading:

The Percy Jackson series
all works by J.R.R Tolkien
the Alex Rider Series (still reading it but I thought Alex was going to work for the CIA not the MI6 :()
I'm re-reading the Narnia books
and I'm reading the Iliad

Currently rereading the 39 clues. Did anyone hate this series? I think it's pretty cool.

One of my new favorite books are "Green eggs and ham". :) Just kidding!

Just stared reading the Power of Three series from Warriorcats. Well, started from Dark River, and I could pick up on what was happening pretty easy, since I go on the offical Wariror forums, and you wouldn't believe the spoilers.

I'm just gonna say, I think Warriors is a great series full of adventure and mystery, and I think people should give it a try!

I recently finished Chicken Soup for the Soul, and I used to think it was a stupid concept, but reading it, it was actually a really good book.

Going to start The Eleventh Plague and hopefully stretch it out long enough to last me until the last book in the Maze Runner trilogy comes out, and then read that

Few different indie boosk to review for my blog. And someone else's blog! Half-Life by Jennifer something at the moment. Hoping to start Wondertsruck by Brian Selznick soon.

Has anyone read the Hunger Games here? Very gory and depressing, but worth the while.
200px-Hunger_games.jpg

I`m reading the Iron Knight, i`m a series called the Iron Fey. Has any one read this series? I think it`s the best!!!

Reading harry potter and then going to the hunger games. On the 7th harry potter book:)

I just finished The Fault In Our Stars by John Green. I have not, and do not plan, on coming across a book better than this one. It made me laugh, it made me smile, it made me cry, and then it made me want to do it all again.

Im planning on reading Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green next, Paper Towns by John Green afterwards, and An Abundance of Katherines by (to no surprise) John Green.

As a huge fan of the HBO series Game of Thrones, I've finally decided to read the book series on which it's based, A Song of Ice and Fire. It's my first go at more mature fantasy, and I have to say it's refreshing. It spends a lot of time focusing on the politics of the kingdoms, which is something I've found very intriguing.

Back