XY What Cool New Pokémon / Evolution Do You Want to See in the 6th Generation?

RE: What cool new Pokemon/evolution do you want to see in the 6th generation?

It has happened ever since Azurill was introduced in gen 3. Azurill has a different gender ratio than Marill, so it will occasionally switch gender on evolution (this only happens for certain PID values)

NoDice said:
iSharingan said:
Yes, yes it can. Another 'wonder' of the pokemon world, almost up there with gender changing Azurill.

I think I missed that one- when did that happen?

Right away.

Azurill has 75/25 gender
Maril has 50/50 gender

so ~1 in 3 female Azurill will turn to male.

But anyhow, Mr.Mime issues are exclusive to translations.

A cool Fairy-type pokemon could be a pink fairy armadillo. It could be fairy/ground or fairy/steel :)

steffenka said:
A cool Fairy-type pokemon could be a pink fairy armadillo. It could be fairy/ground or fairy/steel :)

I forgot about those! In case anyone's doubting this idea, just LOOK at one:
220px-Pink_fairy_armadillo_cropped.JPG

This thing just screams "I need to be a Pokemon"

Re: RE: What cool new Pokemon/evolution do you want to see in the 6th generation?

frezgle said:
steffenka said:

I forgot about those! In case anyone's doubting this idea, just LOOK at one:
220px-Pink_fairy_armadillo_cropped.JPG

This thing just screams "I need to be a Pokemon"

Looks a lot like Sandshrew, but I reckon they could do something a bit different with the typing or theme.

Mitja said:
NoDice said:
I think I missed that one- when did that happen?

Right away.

Azurill has 75/25 gender
Maril has 50/50 gender

They so need to fix that, give Azurill a 50/50 gender ratio...

Mitja said:
But anyhow, Mr.Mime issues are exclusive to translations.

Yep... MM only got the "Mr." after he left Japan... funny, you'd think they'd make him pure male solely to counter the pure female Jynx. But then, she got a prevo in GS and MM didn't, so I guess they don't see the two that way.

Anyways... on topic... a couple of ideas I always liked...

Sableye and Mawile need evos...

Personally, I always loved my own design for a Sableye evo which resembled a vampire... actually, it kinda looked like count Von Count from Sesame Street, but with Sableye features (gemstone eyes) and kept its long, skinny body wrapped in a cape that when opened revealed gemstone eyes lining the inside...

My favorite idea for a Mawile evo was posted somewhere on the internet... looked like a Mawile, but her head-horn had grown larger with a pair of leg-like struts on top, which when flipped upsidedown allowed her to sit and ride on it... while her 'ears' had grown super long and each ended in a mouth...

I also say Banette needs an evo, since I (and many others) thought he was suppose to be a parallel to Dusklops. My idea made him look like he was wrapped in a straitjacket, the sleeves so long in concealed his hands... his eyes were closed by zippers, the pull tags resembling tears at the far sides of his eyes when closed, but when unzipped they formed angry eyebrows...

I also think Miltank needs a prevo, one that can evolve into either Miltank or a parallel male-only evolution depending on its gender... always imagined a male Miltank counterpart would be big, blue and resemble a body builder minotaur, with a tiny waist and legs and a huge chest and arms... it'd be Normal/Fighting type, and constantly flexing its muscles like a surfer dude...

J.D. said:
Mitja said:
Azurill has 75/25 gender
Maril has 50/50 gender

No, why? It happens in the real world.

J.D. said:
Mawile evo was posted somewhere on the internet... looked like a Mawile, but her head-horn had grown larger with a pair of leg-like struts on top, which when flipped upsidedown allowed her to sit and ride on it... while her 'ears' had grown super long and each ended in a mouth...

I also say Banette needs an evo, since I (and many others) thought he was suppose to be a parallel to Dusklops. My idea made him look like he was wrapped in a straitjacket, the sleeves so long in concealed his hands... his eyes were closed by zippers, the pull tags resembling tears at the far sides of his eyes when closed, but when unzipped they formed angry eyebrows...

... H.R. Giger... is that you?

seriously, those things sound really terrifying, especially that miltank counterpart (the real one is is tauros, actually)
A mawile evo would be fine, especially if it serves to introduce and expand the fairy type, but please, no eldritch horrors from the bottom of the dreadful abyss of the dark ones... two mouths is more than enough. Same thing with banette, It was already creepy, but... zippers in the eyes... no, just no... this is pokemon, man, not silent hill.

J.D. said:
I also think Miltank needs a prevo, one that can evolve into either Miltank or a parallel male-only evolution depending on its gender... always imagined a male Miltank counterpart would be big, blue and resemble a body builder minotaur, with a tiny waist and legs and a huge chest and arms... it'd be Normal/Fighting type, and constantly flexing its muscles like a surfer dude...

Tauros is considered to be a male counterpart by lots of fans; they share the same BST of 490, they are generally found in the same areas, and they are both considered stereotypes of male&female cattle, Tauros being the intimidating bull thats prone to charge, and Miltank being the kind cow that produces milk for the calves (and for drinking).
But I agree that Miltank needs a pre-evo of both genders that evolves into either one, I just don't think they need to add a counterpart for it when we already have Tauros.

On the subject of evolutions:
-Another Eeveelution. If Sylveon is Fairy, then I'm cautiously optimistic we'll see one. I've ran the possibilities over in my head, and I think the most logical choices would be:
Ground/Rock - adapts to live in the mountains
Poison - adapts to being poisoned
Flying - needs to adapt to fly for some reason
I'm hoping we'd get a Poison Eevee, because then it would provide the advantage over Sylveon (all Eeveelution pairs have had one having a type advantage over the other), plus it would give the type some love. (Just please make it a more unnerving Eevee, rather than a cute purple foxcatbunnything with some poison-related symbols on it)

-I can see an Audino evolution being introduced, maybe with a Fairy secondary type, to mirror Chansey getting an evo the gen after it was introduced.

-New Porygons. I can see them pulling a Porygon-X and Porygon-Y, with them being the 'true' evolutions of Porygon2 (rather than how Porygon-Z wasn't authorised and was glitchy or something)

-An evolution for Jynx to mirror Magmortar/Electivire

-An evolution for Torkoal

-Pre evos for Lapras, Tropius and Onix

Plenty of interesting stuff I want to reply to O:!
Sorry for the long post in advance XDDd

P.DelSlayer said:
J.D. said:

Tauros is considered to be a male counterpart by lots of fans; they share the same BST of 490, they are generally found in the same areas, and they are both considered stereotypes of male&female cattle, Tauros being the intimidating bull thats prone to charge, and Miltank being the kind cow that produces milk for the calves (and for drinking).
But I agree that Miltank needs a pre-evo of both genders that evolves into either one, I just don't think they need to add a counterpart for it when we already have Tauros.

Its what I call a gen-clone.

Its when gamefreak creates a new pokemon, and then when making data for it, they take data of an existing one and just adjust it a bit to make it unique.
In these cases, they might have even started with this thought of "making a new version of something old", but they aren't necessarily related, at least not in the sense where "there cant be a miltank counterpart because tauros is one".

Just remember how Pinsir and Scyther were so clearly counterparts. But then Scyther evolved, while Pinsir gained an even closer counterpart in Heracross.

Also, lets not forget Tauros has gotten a much closer gen-clone in Bouffalant (altho 50/50 gender, but thats one single detail compared to everything else including confusingly striking design similarity), so the same can absolutely happen to Miltank.

P.DelSlayer said:
On the subject of evolutions:
-Another Eeveelution. If Sylveon is Fairy, then I'm cautiously optimistic we'll see one. I've ran the possibilities over in my head, and I think the most logical choices would be:
Ground/Rock - adapts to live in the mountains
Poison - adapts to being poisoned
Flying - needs to adapt to fly for some reason
I'm hoping we'd get a Poison Eevee, because then it would provide the advantage over Sylveon (all Eeveelution pairs have had one having a type advantage over the other), plus it would give the type some love. (Just please make it a more unnerving Eevee, rather than a cute purple foxcatbunnything with some poison-related symbols on it)

Id say here that the only left realistic option I see happening is a wind based one, which ironically seems unrealistic due to pure Flying being quite hard to justify.....but I need to see how this Sylveon business unfolds first now.

P.DelSlayer said:
-Pre evos for Lapras, Tropius and Onix
Those are some of my hopes too.
http://saiph-charon.deviantart.com/gallery/24402352
Lubble, Frutius, Rox.

I'd love a Roosteel the most though (also known as "skarmtyke"), since Mantine got one. Perhaps they didn't want to include a new pokemon that was to become Skarmorys "Remoraid"/evolution-trigger?
Probably not, since they seem to like breaking interesting duos for no reason..

P.DelSlayer said:
-New Porygons. I can see them pulling a Porygon-X and Porygon-Y, with them being the 'true' evolutions of Porygon2 (rather than how Porygon-Z wasn't authorised and was glitchy or something)

That would be really interesting! I want this to happen O:
Porygon is such a unique and gimmicky concept, its screaming for branching evos or formes or something...

Porygon Trace Download Analytic 65 60 70 85 75 40 395
Porygon2 Trace Download Analytic 85 80 90 105 95 60 515
Porygon-Z Adaptability Download Analytic 85 80 70 135 75 90 535

Porygon 2 was simply an upgrade, a completely average non-exciting plain simple evolution. Each stat simply increasing by 20.
Then Porygon-Z swapped the increases Porygon 2 got in the defenses, multiplied those stats by 1.5 (20->30) and put them into Sp.Atk and Speed instead.
a-no change
b-lowered by 20/back to porygon 1
c-increased by 30
Z was: a-a-b-c-b-c
I would make X and Y alternate evos of Porygon2, each doing the same thing as Z shuffled around.
X then: b-b-c-a-c-a
Y then: c-c-a-b-a-b
Which results in the following stats
Porygon-X Adaptability Download Analytic 65 60 120 105 125 60 535
Porygon-Y Adaptability Download Analytic 115 110 90 85 95 40 535

Sadly these two seem boring. X is a bit too worse, since 2 with an Eviolite is a better option, and its unfortunate its HP got lowered when its the one gaining boosts in defenses, while Y is a slow bulky physical attacker, which is plain weird for Porygon considering its movepool is heavily biased towards the special side.
So I guess there is no pre-planned "mathemathical" approach behind Zs stats.
Then X and Y would do their own thing so to say. Lets try again with less restriction.
I'll keep the HP identical this time (then they could also work as formes of Z)
Porygon-X Adaptability Download Analytic 85 60 130 85 135 40 535
(decreased 20 in atk/sp.atk/speed, for increase of 55 in each defense)
Porygon-Y Adaptability Download Analytic 85 70 80 95 85 120 535
(decreased atk/def/spa/spd by 10, for a 60 boost in speed)

P.DelSlayer said:
-An evolution for Jynx to mirror Magmortar/Electivire

I think I'll regret replying to this, but those three never were a real trio. They might have been intended to be one (I believe gamefreak said in an interview long ago that they were initially meant to be the legendary trio, but were kept as regular good late-game pokemon after they made the birds instead), but that idea didn't make it into the actual games, since they have been used for different roles from the beginning.

They did all gain a pre-evolution with gen 2 (but then again who didn't), and they each had one of the elemental punches as their signature moves, but these two things were a homage to the "initial trio idea" at most.

What I mean is, Electabuzz and Magmar are very much a duo, while Jynx has been something unique in many areas from the start.
If I showed you Electabuzz and Magmar...and then asked you to imagine a third Ice-based counterpart, you would not be thinking "weird black-faced ugly diva thing with a dress and blonde hair".

Here are some of the things that Electabuzz and Magmar share, which Jynx does not, or only Jynx has:
-pure elemental types - an extra Psychic type
-a 3/4 male ratio - 100% female
-quite specific shared design:
---a humanoid animal - "weird black-faced ugly diva thing with a dress and blonde hair"
---cliche element pattern and color covering their body - unrelated design fitting palette
-very close stat total (360/365 -> 490/495 -> 540/540) - noticably weaker (305 -> 455)
-version exclusives in RB/FRLG and BW2 - unrelated/different methods of obtaining
-1 ability related to element, (and both Vital Spirit as hidden) - unrelated appropriate abilities
-best stats of both are both attacks, each focusing on one - just special
-learn moves at same levels (a bit less identical in some gens, but onyl minor differences) - doesn't (most gens its like completely in between)

and of course Jynx not gaining the powerhouse third stage, but thats whats causing this reoccurring wish, so that doesn't count.

professorlight said:
... H.R. Giger... is that you?

seriously, those things sound really terrifying, especially that miltank counterpart (the real one is is tauros, actually)
A mawile evo would be fine, especially if it serves to introduce and expand the fairy type, but please, no eldritch horrors from the bottom of the dreadful abyss of the dark ones... two mouths is more than enough. Same thing with banette, It was already creepy, but... zippers in the eyes... no, just no... this is pokemon, man, not silent hill.

....Huh? How are any of those ideas too creepy for pokemon? Especially something with multiple mouths, that's everywhere in children's cartoons and video games with monsters in them. Are you forgetting that we have a pained-looking toxic mutant melted to another one, with a third vestigial body hanging off like a tumor?

67-Weezing.jpg

Zippers for eyes doesn't seem any weirder to me than Banette's zipper mouth. Banette already looks like a gimp suit. A couple more zippers won't change that much, and it's still really kid-friendly and vanilla compared to some of the Digimon :p

porcupamon.jpg

A Luvdisc evolution, and then i found these on Buzzfeed: http://www.buzzfeed.com/kevintang/owls-with-cat-heads-are-totally-creepy-cute
I personally thought they were cute, and i wouldn't mind seeing one of those as a Pokemon :D

steffenka said:
A Luvdisc evolution, and then i found these on Buzzfeed: http://www.buzzfeed.com/kevintang/owls-with-cat-heads-are-totally-creepy-cute
I personally thought they were cute, and i wouldn't mind seeing one of those as a Pokemon :D

As much as Luvdisc needs an evolution, I think getting one might take something away from fans. Everyone likes to do silly stuff relating to Luvdisc and its lack of stats, and I just think that it's always gonna be the Pokemon that doesn't evolve, has a lame movepool and stats.
edit: It's the same with Farfetch'd, it just feels like one of those Pokemon thats always gonna be there and have no real claim to fame.

Bogleech said:
....Huh? How are any of those ideas too creepy for pokemon? Especially something with multiple mouths, that's everywhere in children's cartoons and video games with monsters in them. Are you forgetting that we have a pained-looking toxic mutant melted to another one, with a third vestigial body hanging off like a tumor?

Zippers for eyes doesn't seem any weirder to me than Banette's zipper mouth. Banette already looks like a gimp suit. A couple more zippers won't change that much, and it's still really kid-friendly and vanilla compared to some of the Digimon :p

Weezing it's weird, I'll give you that; maybe i'm used to it, but It doesn't stike me as creepy, maybe as gross, but not creepy; same with banette. Her zipper mouth is without a doubt one of the creepier features out of all pokemon (to me, its body looks more like a ragdoll with a zipper for the filler, but you might be onto something here), but it could be much much worse (personal opinion of someone who prefers cute and rather feminine pokemon, so my view is somewhat skewed).
The point is that, overall, pokemon designs are pretty streamlined to not be extremely gross, aggressive or terryfying, and those who are intended to be gross, aggressive or terryfying are only in contrast to the other pokemon. Weezing is undoubtely a pokemon, same with banette but it's clear that that thing you put up there is not (that's a digimon? seriously? you don't know how glad I am that I stopped watching it after the original series ended).
All that about the mawile and banette evos made me think of something along the lines of that digimon. Maybe with the right design they would look like pokemon, but in my opinion, most fakemon seem more inspired in the digimon's design guidelines than in pokemon's.
Seriously though? that's a digimon? a teddy bear in a gimp suit with sewn eyes and blades coming out of it? man, whoever designed that thing needs a hug.

Mitja said:
J.D. said:

No, why? It happens in the real world.

What, gender swapping? I know it happens in the real world, but it doesn't really make sense for them to include such a thing in Pokemon... I mean, what's the purpose?

Oh, and I found that picture of the Mawile evo I was talking about...

4751622959_e8419ce988_z.jpg

Definitely my favorite Mawile evo design I've seen... though, what are the odds a canon evo would ever look as cool?

Just wondering, what've happened on Pokémon Smash lately? Didn't they promise news?

Tsukeo said:
Just wondering, what've happened on Pokémon Smash lately? Didn't they promise news?

Last one had a 5 seconds clip of Pancham using its move... this week its gonna be Flitchling. ermergewd how exciting. Its exactly what I expected when they said that.

Tsukeo said:

I think the next real news we get from Smash is probably gonna be the 'CoroCoro' episode where we get 'news' which we've already gotten from CoroCoro leaks. (Which is probably gonna be the Japanese version of the E3 news)
After that they may reveal a casualmon with a new move which hasn't been revealed, but chances are they'll do the same as they've done here and keep small pieces of info to 'reveal' over a few weeks.

Anyways back on topic:
I'd like to see a flower mon which is gimmicky in that it has several different forms that are different flowers. (eg 1forme could be a tulip, one could be a daffodil etc) I can almost see it being a 'Grass Eevee', in that it starts off as a seed but has several split evos.

Some kind of Possesion Ghostmon. It could be found in a route, but as a Pokemon - eg Wild Fletchling appeared! but the Fletchling has a shadowy aura. It would literally posses a Pokemon. You catch it, but then you keep it in a Pokeball which you then use again. Possesion would mean that the Pokemon possesed got some kind of exclusive ability, and possibly a secondary Ghost typing. One very unlikely idea I had would be that secondary types show on screen that they've become a Ghost type, but still have all the qualities of their original typing. (eg a possesed Aggron would show up as Steel/Ghost, but it would keep its Rock stab, 4x Fight/Ground weakness etc). The possesed Pokemon would have a shadowy aura in battle. They would also be able to get previously unatainnable Ghost moves.
Very unlikely, but something I'd still like to see.

P.DelSlayer said:
Some kind of Possesion Ghostmon. It could be found in a route, but as a Pokemon - eg Wild Fletchling appeared! but the Fletchling has a shadowy aura. It would literally posses a Pokemon. You catch it, but then you keep it in a Pokeball which you then use again. Possesion would mean that the Pokemon possesed got some kind of exclusive ability, and possibly a secondary Ghost typing. One very unlikely idea I had would be that secondary types show on screen that they've become a Ghost type, but still have all the qualities of their original typing. (eg a possesed Aggron would show up as Steel/Ghost, but it would keep its Rock stab, 4x Fight/Ground weakness etc). The possesed Pokemon would have a shadowy aura in battle. They would also be able to get previously unatainnable Ghost moves.
Very unlikely, but something I'd still like to see.

This sounds very similar to how Shadow Pokemon were handled in Colo/XD, minus the bits about being able to possess them yourself. I think it might be just a bit too unusual for a main series thing, though.

I don't know what you guys think, but I've always hoped for a Houndoom evolution. It could be some kind of Cerberus/dog from hell kind of monster ("Houndeath"). A Smeargle evolution would be interesting too, I think. Maybe they could give it one more move. Sharpedo is also in desperate need of an evolution. I can't accept that the only shark in the game isn't more badass than that. I would love a fighting/flying Farfetch'd evolution, even though I feel its unlikely. Corsola could also do with an evolution in my opinion. Some kind of giant coral monster. I've never been a fan of pre-evolutions, but I really hope there's a Lapras pre-evolution that's available fairly early in the game (around 3rd or 4th gym).

Back