XY What Current Pokémon / Moves Would You Like To See Changed into a Fairy-type? Why?

RE: If X and Y really do introduce the rumored Fairy-type, what current Pokémon would you like to see changed into Fairy-type? What moves?

While it seems that retconning Snubbull/Granbull is a pretty mixed idea, I could actually see it happening (perhaps to Normal/Fairy). Though it's already been pointed out that species name and egg group are not always a good indicator of type, Granbull could be used as an example that Fairy Pokémon don't have to be cute and tiny. Then again, the line doesn't seem to be too magical...regardless, there must be something about them for GF to consider them fairies by name and egg group.

RE: If X and Y really do introduce the rumored Fairy-type, what current Pokémon would you like to see changed into Fairy-type? What moves?

P.DelSlayer said:
Celebi's whole thing is that it travels through time. It can also revive dead plants (a trait that it shares with Meganium), and it can bring dead Celebi back to life.
Those abilities are much more associated with Psychic than Fairy.

That's odd, because those are traits I'd personally more associate with fairies and magic than psychics...

J.D. said:
P.DelSlayer said:
Celebi's whole thing is that it travels through time. It can also revive dead plants (a trait that it shares with Meganium), and it can bring dead Celebi back to life.
Those abilities are much more associated with Psychic than Fairy.

That's odd, because those are traits I'd personally more associate with fairies and magic than psychics...

I think the 'magic' part of it fits in with both Fairy and Psychic; however it's only Celebi's design that seems fairylike. In terms of powers, abilities etc Psychic seems the more appropriate fit.

I've mentioned this before, but I'm generally against the retyping of legendaries. On a casual, dual type with type1 being Normal (such as Togekiss), it's easier to grasp.
On a dual type such as Celebi where both types fit very well I can't really see it being retyped. If it was only gaining the new type (eg Manaphy becoming Water/Fairy) then it would be easier to see.

*leaves Celebi topic*
Some Fairy predictions:
Clefairy line - either changing to pure Fairy or Normal/Fairy (pretty much a given)
Chansey + Blissey could be Normal/Fairy
Togepi - Pure Fairy changing to Fairy/Flying
Snubbull - Normal/Fairy (see CMP's post, thats pretty much my view on it)
Mawile - Steel/Fairy

i can't see any dual-typed legendaries getting retyped other than Meloetta, since its just a Normal-type. I could maybe see a few legendaries gain fairy as a secondary type such as Uxie, Azelf, and Mesprit.

Also, why are so many people against Audino being a fairy-type?

AdamLambert said:
This is probably gonna sound highly illogical, but she doesn't have much in the way of fairy characteristics... I mean, she's basically a nurse crossed with a rabbit... nothing too magical about that...

Yeah, I know, there are other Pokemon who look the same but still have people saying "they should be Fairy-type", like Snubbull and Granbull, I mean they're being very fairy-like... but they are the "Fairy Pokemon", so yeah they've got that... but Audino... I know I don't see the fairy in her...

I am just wondering - why are so many people saying there won't be Fairy-type, and some even hating it? What is the problem with a new type? I've been with Pokémon since about 1998-1999, and I can't see the problem with it.

I'd love it!

Hey, does anyone know why exactly are snubull and granbull's species is "fairy"?
Are they inspired in some sort of obscure mythical creature? I always tought they were something of a dig at how many people think pug dogs and bulldogs are cute and have them as pets, while they don't look very cute, really.
Maybe now that with the fairy type (magic, legend creatures, etc.) inclusion the gag is just confusing their species could change?

Tsukeo said:
why are so many people saying there won't be Fairy-type, and some even hating it?

The reason for the majority of haters is probably because at this point, we have almost no information about it, no pokemon species (even less artwork), no moves, not a good understanding of the type and what it entails and implies, just a rumor, hope, prejudice (about the feminine fairies and such) and lots of speculation.
A small amount of people... well, they just hate everything new right away, in time they'll move on to the next thing and get used to it, and some will just... keep hating it, I guess, can't make eveyone happy all the time.

We all get too old for this shit... I myself have found that I'm liking (like, really liking) fewer and fewer pokemon of each subsequent generation, and now I can't even remember all the new names, but I don't go around hating it (mocking is fine, though)... that's the way things work; probably we all will have our "when pokemon was good we had only 17 types" moment at some point.

TL;DR: just ignore the little guy, they'll grow out of it.

P.D. sorry to ask, but, what's the site's policy about swearing?

Tsukeo said:
I am just wondering - why are so many people saying there won't be Fairy-type, and some even hating it? What is the problem with a new type? I've been with Pokémon since about 1998-1999, and I can't see the problem with it.

I'd love it!

Some people are saying it doesn't have enough defining features to be a type, a lot of them would look the same (which isn't true, If Xerneas was Fairy type, compare Clefairy to Xern), they'd be all pink and girly (again, not true, there are some myths about very devious fairies), and I think a couple of them are butthurt that a new type is being introduced and it isn't Light (which is an awful type btw)
But like you, I've been a fan for a long time and personally would love Fairy type to be introduced!

I would like even more if it was written like Faerie instead of Fairy. (According to wikipedia, I can write it like that), because it sounds more badass. o:

Granbull can stay being Normal with the Fairy classification. Seadra's classification is Dragon but it isn't Dragon-type (Kingdra was introduced a gen later as Dragon type but Seadra was never changed into Dragon type really). It can stay the type it is even if Fairy type comes or they can give it an evolution Normal/Fairy.

J.D. said:
AdamLambert said:
This is probably gonna sound highly illogical, but she doesn't have much in the way of fairy characteristics... I mean, she's basically a nurse crossed with a rabbit... nothing too magical about that...

Yeah, I know, there are other Pokemon who look the same but still have people saying "they should be Fairy-type", like Snubbull and Granbull, I mean they're being very fairy-like... but they are the "Fairy Pokemon", so yeah they've got that... but Audino... I know I don't see the fairy in her...

I do see where you're coming from. Audino definitely isn't the MOST deserving of the fairy-type, but I think it could stand to get it. I'd say it's definitely more deserving of it than, say, Jigglypuff's line or Lilligant.

Flys Gone 2071 said:
Granbull can stay being Normal with the Fairy classification. Seadra's classification is Dragon but it isn't Dragon-type (Kingdra was introduced a gen later as Dragon type but Seadra was never changed into Dragon type really). It can stay the type it is even if Fairy type comes or they can give it an evolution Normal/Fairy.

Exactly, everyone mentioning Snubbull in a fairy-type discussion is overexaggerating the importance of "pokemon species".

Just look at some stupid examples:
Blastoise - Shellfish
Arcanine - Legendary (enough confusion there)
Slowbro - Hermit Crab
Rhyhorn - Spikes
Lugia - Diving
Masquerain - Eyeball
Glalie - Face
Druddigon - Cave
its like they take the first word that comes to their mind.

Its a wonder Miltank isn't the bacon pokemon.

And again, a pokemon might look like a fairy, learn fairy moves, be called the fairy pokemon, be in the fairy egg-group and have fairy in its name...it can still be Steel/Ghost anyway.
Same was/is true for any Dragon, Bug, Rock, Ghost etc types. They are what element a pokemon is good at, not necessarily what it is.

I'd love to see Gardevoir become Psychic/Fairy, so that it has a secondary typing to match Gallade's one.

Mitja said:
Flys Gone 2071 said:

Exactly, everyone mentioning Snubbull in a fairy-type discussion is overexaggerating the importance of "pokemon species".

Just look at some stupid examples:
Blastoise - Shellfish
Arcanine - Legendary (enough confusion there)
Slowbro - Hermit Crab
Rhyhorn - Spikes
Lugia - Diving
Masquerain - Eyeball
Glalie - Face
Druddigon - Cave
its like they take the first word that comes to their mind.

Its a wonder Miltank isn't the bacon pokemon.

And again, a pokemon might look like a fairy, learn fairy moves, be called the fairy pokemon, be in the fairy egg-group and have fairy in its name...it can still be Steel/Ghost anyway.
Same was/is true for any Dragon, Bug, Rock, Ghost etc types. They are what element a pokemon is good at, not necessarily what it is.

How is the Glalie one stupid? It's literally a floating head.

Originally, Clefairy was to be the mascot of Pokemon, but switched to Pikachu so could appeal more to boys & girls. Many will be unhappy if this is a new type, but for some reason, I keep discovering more proof why a Fairy-type is true...

Not related to moves/mons that could change to Fairy type

Some very juicy news, Masuda posted a pic on Twitter of him with a rainbow in the background. Hiro tweeted to him something along the lines of 'Rainbow type confirmed! Just joking, I only leaked the Fairy type.'
Masuda then deleted Hiro's tweet.
I'm thinking that this could be one of two things (these 2 seem the most likely imo).
-There isn't a Fairy type and Masuda didn't want false news to spread
OR
-There will be a Fairy type and Masuda didn't want the general public to know just yet (what with WPM's source and all I'm thinking that this is the more likely reason)
hadaesnofake.jpg

P.DelSlayer said:
Not related to moves/mons that could change to Fairy type

Some very juicy news, Masuda posted a pic on Twitter of him with a rainbow in the background. Hiro tweeted to him something along the lines of 'Rainbow type confirmed! Just joking, I only leaked the Fairy type.'
Masuda then deleted Hiro's tweet.
I'm thinking that this could be one of two things (these 2 seem the most likely imo).
-There isn't a Fairy type and Masuda didn't want false news to spread
OR
-There will be a Fairy type and Masuda didn't want the general public to know just yet (what with WPM's source and all I'm thinking that this is the more likely reason)
zSCPBsB.png

Certainly interesting!

(Is it so hard to crop an image tho? http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/2327/hadaesnofake.jpg )

P.DelSlayer said:
'Rainbow type confirmed! Just joking, I only leaked the Fairy type.'

hadaesnofake.jpg

Actually, the correct translation would be something like:

Rainbow type confirmed! nah, I'm kidding, only fairies exist.

He doesn't expressly say he leaked the fairy type, still, masuda could not want the rumor to appear in his tweeter.

And the guy at the bottom posted some nonsense about how "have in mind, a fairy dies when people say fairies don't exist"

Mitja said:
Flys Gone 2071 said:

I'm sure this has a bit to do with the species name, but Snubbull's design seems fairy-like to me. Its personality traits and the fact that its adored by women help to. If the Snubbull family becomes fairy-type, it would show that not all fairy-types are timid, cute, and cuddly. Granbull would be one BA fairy IMO.

Granbull as a fairy would be epic. Dragons would fear him. As he marches across the frozen kalosian mountains, tracking them, hunting them. They tried to fight back, but it was all for naught, he was immune to their dragon attacks and his fairy attacks destroyed them in one fell swoop. Granbull the dragonbor... wait different franchise
Sorry guys, i got a little carried away

Back