XY What if: They added a way to get Alternate Typings?

Yeah, no more Wondertomb fun to beat the game facilities sucks (no sarcasm)... Now I guess there will be no more type combos that have no weakness (unless it's something like Eelektross)...

KiKi said:
Raptor9229 said:
True but not true at the same time, I can see what you are going for but I would love to see an ingame delta species type thing going on, and the only way I have managed to do that before was action replaying drizzle onto a Swellow and hacking electric attacks on it too. It would be a nifty design, perhaps a yellow Swellow with the drizzle ability and the ability to use electric attacks but still retains its regular typing? I know it wouldn't be the same thing as the title is suggesting but it is offering a nice alternative idea.
I agree with this concept, but only if it changed colors and several features.
For example, I'll use your Swellow. Imagine if Swellow were to become yellow and black/blue all over and it's tail feathers resembled lightning bolts, and it gained several thunderstorm related features to it's body and face. Then I could see something like this happening. That way, the opposing person wouldn't be confused when battling against it, as they would know that it was nao an Electric type with the possibility of creating rainstorms, due to it's Drizzle ability. This would pretty much make Swellow more of a nerf Pokemon than it already is, since it would be Electric/Flying, and the Electric type attacks would be more powerful and have a higher chance of hitting because of the Drizzle ability. Unless it fought against a ground type Pokemon. Then you're screwed.

Except one problem, the Swellow would be Electic/Flying so Ground type pokemon would not be able to use Earthquake unless they first used smackdown. That said there are plenty of ways to back up your electric swellow to counter the opponent.

I kinda got the idea from a mix of this:

PidgeottoEXHolonPhantoms49.png

and hacking drizzle and electric type moves onto a shiny swellow in Heart Gold just for the fun of it.

P.DelSlayer said:
Quick thought, do you think that every starter would get a secondary type?
I nearly put Feraligatr on as a Water/Fighting on that list, but Meganium ended up on there instead.
I nearly put the Blastoise example above on as well, but then thought 'Empoleon!' when I did it. I'll edit my post with it (and any other additions anyone else has to it).
Typhlosion could be a Fire/FightingDark I guess, which if Feraligatr being Fighting and the Meganium being Psychic, would be interesting because it would be the Dark/Psychic/Fighting triangle, but heavily unbalanced -Feraligatr hits Typhlosion SE on both its STAB moves, Typhlosion hits Meganium SE and so forth.

I'll be honest, I only put Charizard and Gyarados on because I know there would be that one person who'd instantly see it and call me out for not putting them on there.

What If Typhlosion was fire/normal? Oh, and we have the fairy type too now I wonder if a starter will ever be that type?

velocityRising said:
P.DelSlayer said:
Quick thought, do you think that every starter would get a secondary type?
I nearly put Feraligatr on as a Water/Fighting on that list, but Meganium ended up on there instead.
I nearly put the Blastoise example above on as well, but then thought 'Empoleon!' when I did it. I'll edit my post with it (and any other additions anyone else has to it).
Typhlosion could be a Fire/FightingDark I guess, which if Feraligatr being Fighting and the Meganium being Psychic, would be interesting because it would be the Dark/Psychic/Fighting triangle, but heavily unbalanced -Feraligatr hits Typhlosion SE on both its STAB moves, Typhlosion hits Meganium SE and so forth.

I'll be honest, I only put Charizard and Gyarados on because I know there would be that one person who'd instantly see it and call me out for not putting them on there.

What If Typhlosion was fire/normal? Oh, and we have the fairy type too now I wonder if a starter will ever be that type?

I would smash my DS if Typhlosion were fire/normal, Does that look like a normal type to you?

Raptor9229 said:
velocityRising said:

I would smash my DS if Typhlosion were fire/normal, Does that look like a normal type to you?
No more or less Normal than Litleo or Sawsbuck...

I always supported the idea of "dream world typings". There are some pokemon that were rather mediocre, or just awful with their current traits. Then Dream World came around and not only did they gain new moves with this generation but another chance at getting a better ability. Feraligatr with sheer force? Venusaur with Chlorophyll? Espeon with Magic Bounce?

In the same way, giving certain (if not all) pokemon a chance for alternate typing allow a lot of left behind mons a chance to play with the current great threats (or simply not be overshadowed by other mons.) My biggest concern is Smogon's policy on complicated bans, lol.

Fire/Dragon Charizard? Stealth rock weakness no longer crippling. Up from NU to UU in an instant.
Normal/Electric Porygon Z? Adaptability Thunderbolt gives beastly coverage with Tri Attack. Goes to upper UU or into OU.
Bug/Fighting Pinsir? Powerful new stab supported by its moveset. NU to RU or even UU quickly.

It would be very interesting but I highly doubt they would do it. It just seems odd to me to have two pokemon of the same species but not the same type. Unless there was some kind of physical indicator, like a Fire/Dragon Charizard would be a darker colour than a Fire/Flying Charizard.

I don't know, wouldn't this cause problems. But if so My main one will be gyrados.... Just be a water dragon and lapras become a ice\dragon

Back