What is the hardest boss of all games

Easily Lou from Guitar Hero 3 was the hardest I ever fought. Not only is the song (The Devil Went Down to Georgia) extremely hard on Hard Mode, but the fact that (1) you have to beat him before the ending of the song and (2) the fact that he keeps getting the "Lefty Switch Attack" during the more challenging parts of the song, makes him a dangerous but fun competitor

picklelicker129 said:
Phanta Manta from Super Mario Sunshine.

Horrible music, and it took me tons of tries. You can't step anywhere, and if you do, you just get flinged back and forth until you die. IF you use a strategy, it ends up taking forever.

I also hate the level where it's come back and you have to clean up the goop it left behind in 3 minutes or less.

The manta was so easy! All you have to do was use the hover nozzle to hover over the manta for a bit. When you are running out of juice, just go back under those tents and wait a bit. The mantas can't hit you down there. For the goop thing, just do a spin jump while shooting water.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Algalon_the_Observer

inb4 the "LOL U PLAY WOW N0B" posts start.

Otherwise, the Iron Maiden from twewy took me 2 hours to beat.

Edit: Cardia Stigma from Trauma Center New Blood. Hands down.

Bobblehead said:
Tabuu from SSBB. Period.

Fail. Tabuu was easy (even on the hardest difficulty).

I'd say the guy from I wanna be the guy is hardest. If it has to be a mainstream game, I'd say the zombie from the hulk
this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQZuidKexBQ

Dokromi said:
http://www.wowwiki.com/Algalon_the_Observer

inb4 the "LOL U PLAY WOW N0B" posts start.

Otherwise, the Iron Maiden from twewy took me 2 hours to beat.

Edit: Cardia Stigma from Trauma Center New Blood. Hands down.

Dude Cardia is so awesome. :D He would totally be my best friend :). Hardest boss is Paraskevi from Trauma Center Second Opinion on X-6 is hell itself and not to mention Savato on X-7. But Cardia on X-6 in New blood is VERY aggressive. He freezes whenever my brother and I try to kill him.

Dullahan, from Golden Sun: The Lost Age. I don't care what you say about Summon Rushing; he is a total beast.

Runners-up on my hit/hate list include Star Magician (also from The Lost Age), and Neo Shinryu from Final Fantasy V. Giga Flare AND Meteor right as he dies? That gives you only a 10% chance of survival at best, even if you use the cheap Jump-Double Dragon Lance strategy. Such a beast.

I have tried to beat Dullahan without having all of my Djinn set to summon rush; it just doesn't seem to work. He just puts all of my party's Djinn on standby and can pretty much tear through my team at will due to their drastically lowered stats. Even with almost a guaranteed Sol Blade unleash each turn with the right equipment and class, it doesn't do enough damage. I've watched his Charon inflict death on the first half of my team all at once. I think my party has to be at extremely high levels in order to defeat Dullahan fair and square.

Quadraxis from Metroid Prime 2 was brutal. It is very hard to successfully defeat its final form due to the amount of precision needed.

I have not beaten Boss Battles on Intense in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. There is very little tolerance for error there.

Dr. Wily in Mega Man 7 is also excruciatingly hard. I always have to use all 4 of my Energy Tanks in order to survive.

He puts your Djinn on RECOVERY. Not Standby. Standby means you can use them for Summons. Recovery does not.

Dullahan actually has an attack pattern that he will always follow - he does not deviate from it. The pattern always cycles, and if you seal his Psynergy (using Luff or Rime - other methods are impossible), he just skips those steps, like other Superbosses elect not to use Psynergy. (If you immobilize him using Petra or Ground, he doesn't skip that step, but just does it on his next action - so it's possible for you to rig it so that Charon or Djinn Storm is his final action. Usually, however, it is his second.)

On Hard Mode, I summon rushed him as early as level 40. In the Arena, I did it once when I was in the 80s (but in Arena he's a lot stronger), but it was definitely hard.

His attack pattern? Here it is:

Attack
Formina Sage
Break
Attack
True Collide
Element Swap
Haunt
Curse
Charon
Bind
Attack
True Collide
Formina Sage
Attack
Element Swap
Attack
Condemn
Charon
Curse
Djinn Storm
Haunt
Formina Sage
True Collide

Note that Charon appears twice in the pattern, and Djinn Storm only appears once. Yet both times for Charon, he uses it 3 actions after Element Swap, and Djinn Storm comes along 2 actions after one of the Charons.

Another note: He starts at a RANDOM place in the pattern, not at the top. I have had him Turn-2 Djinn Storm me. As a result, always ALWAYS save right before Dullahan, as one swing of bad luck will ruin the entire battle for you, regardless of your careful setup.

With this in mind: Get the healing classes. Protector, Pure Mage, Paladin...on as many as you can get. Necromage is also recommended due to Revive - you will need Revive more than you will need Pure Wish, however, since his attacks will most likely cause Insta-Death. Revive people immediately, unless you know Djinn Storm is coming - downed characters aren't affected by it, so if your party gets Djinn Storm'd, then you revive someone, he'll be at full strength if he was downed by the Charon right before (which is a blessing in disguise). For this reason you'll probably want to hoard up a lot of Waters of Life (which you can find a lot from Time Islet Cave monster drops), and distribute them among your party.

If you know he's close to using Djinn Storm (or you think he is - if you're not sure, assume he is, take no chances), get your heavy healers into the back row before he pulls it off, so they won't be affected. If they are, you'll be severely hampered.

All in all, Dullahan is downed always with a good solid repetitive strategy. Just keep it up, anticipate his next move, and act accordingly. His actions aren't random, but sequenced, which is another boon in this hellish battle. If you haven't beaten him yet, good luck. If you have, congrats!

For hard bosses in video games, I forgot to mention Bowser in Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island. Aiming is difficult, and if you miss too many times, he hits the entire screen at once, destroying all of the platforms and causing you to lose a life.

Most of the bosses in Super Mario Galaxy were easy, but some like Boldergeist were really difficult. I lost a lot of lives fighting it before finally getting the pattern down.

Regarding Dullahan, people have definitely learned much about the coding of the game, between learning how the classes (which is the most complicated system out of any other RPG I have played to date) and the RNG work, so it wouldn't surprise me that a pattern like that was discovered. Hopefully, when Golden Sun DS is released, randoms are more authentic.

I have beaten him by rushing summons, but have not without. It would make sense to have someone in the backup team who has Eddy to mitigate some of the damage. Then when Djinn Storm comes, bring up the back character who has Eddy, and get more Djinn into Set mode. I am not sure if it speeds up recovery in the backup team, though.

um starfy's mashtooth was the hardest recent defeat but all time idk oh the final boss of ssbb heres the scenario, me and my friend got to it and we unlocked sonic we fought over him so much and were trying to pick him so fast i accidentally picked Diddy Kong:p

They probably gave Dullahan a pattern because he's too hellish without it. I'll bet Doom Dragon has a pattern as well but I don't want to figure it out like I did with Dullahan. Probably because Doom Dragon is not that hard.

Beating him with Summon Rushes is possible (I've done it 2 or 3 times), but I still do use Summons. That is, use a lot of Djinn, then summon something big on the next turn (I try not to use Daedalus since there is the off-chance that Charon jumps my whole front line). This also has a dual effect: If Djinn Storm is used, all the other Djinn are put at the back of the current recovery line, so it'll be like 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9 turns. (If you don't have any other recovery Djinn, it ends up becoming 2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 turns.)

I would say the hardest boss for me was the final boss in Beyond Good and evil - At one point the controls switch around (left is right and right is left) and you have dodge the attacks while in this state. Its just so fustraiting it makes me want to eat my hands >.<

Phanta Manta from Super Mario Sunshine.
Agreed! Note the hardest boss but still near impossible.

Well, most bosses I have beat with time, even if i need to leave it alone for a year and then come back to it. The only boss I have not beaten to this day (it's been like 5 years) is Ghost/spirit/soul Cackleta from Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga. Very hard!

...I've been able to defeat Final Cackletta without ever being hit. You'll see that her attacks are more predictable than you would think. Way more predictable.
I hardly classify that as "impossible"; even though you start with only 1 HP, a Max Nut resolves that easily.

DNA said:
...I've been able to defeat Final Cackletta without ever being hit. You'll see that her attacks are more predictable than you would think. Way more predictable.
I hardly classify that as "impossible"; even though you start with only 1 HP, a Max Nut resolves that easily.

cackletta? from the 1st mario & luigi rpg game for gba correct? nah she's easy, hardest boss is bowser in super mario land, :p

Hardest boss from any game I have played? That might just be Taboo on Intense mode maybe something else but if there is, I can't imagine how hard it would be :p

Back