What Music are You Listening to Lately? Why?

RE: What music are you listening to?

Plain Lugia/Ho-Oh Theme :D
also some Pokemon xD Gale of Darkness themes.
I also enjoy Linkin Park.

I've been listening to a surprising amount of video game music lately, including Till We Die (Ending song of Raskulls), both Portal ending songs, and Greatest Journey (The epic last level Halo: Combat evolved and Halo 3 music.)

SinnohTrainer17 said:
Any Gorillaz fans here at the Beach? Personally, I can't get enough of them. asdlfkjd

I love Gorillaz. I was hooked after I listened to one of their albums, but unfortunately, I haven't kept up with them since.

I should really listen to Drake's new album and see what all the hate is about (if there is any).

dmaster out.

Hazz said:
quite embarrassing, but this is one of the only songs I always listen to...
X Factor! You been watching the series? I think Janet's time has probably come with her shaky voice. Marcus or Craig for the win. :3

dmaster said:
I love Gorillaz. I was hooked after I listened to one of their albums, but unfortunately, I haven't kept up with them since.
You know, funny you should say that. They're making a 'Best Of' album coming on the 28th November.
Here is all you'll need. But if you like particular singles, I'll post their albums.
I'll spoiler their chronology for convenience:
Gorillaz (name of their first album) [singles Tommorow Comes Today, Rock The House, 19-2000 and Clint Eastwood].
Demon Days [singles Feel Good Inc, El Manana, Dirty Harry, DARE and Kids With Guns].
Plastic Beach [singles Stylo, On Melancholy Hill, Doncamatic and Superfast Jellyfish].
The Fall [singles Phoner to Arizona and Revolving Doors].

dmaster said:
I should really listen to Drake's new album and see what all the hate is about (if there is any).
Meh... Drake. I think the reason that he's disliked is that he's just viewed as that guy that features on What's My Name? with a mediocre verse. And everyone, including myself, bases his ability to rap (or whatever you call what he does) on that one song that he's merely a feature of.

/me np: Missed the Boat - Modest Mouse

So good.
I'm also into Florence + The Machine right now.
And some Christian rap hahaha: Lecrea - check him out.

I'm in a bit of a 90's phase now. Mostly euroudance and electro songs For example:

Ace of base, Sash, Daft Punk, Snap, and even the cheesy Eiffel 65

As far as current music goes i'm listening to Edward Maya, that Mr. Saxobeat song and DEV. Oh and anything by Calvin Harris(the DJ in Rihanna's new song "We found love")

ElectricalSplash said:
Ace of base, Sash, Daft Punk, Snap, and even the cheesy Eiffel 65

I'd think we'd make good friends.
/me np: Sigma and T Phonic - Do You Love

Across the Sun - Before the Night Takes Us
One Last Breath - What's Left Behind

I'm not normally into metalcore but these both have amazing choruses and instrumental so it's okay in my book.

I recently found interest in "We Came As Romans". They're a rather good metal band, and I feel they should get more recognition.

I lol at Linkin Park not being metal. They're classified as nu-metal, which is a fusion but still counts as far as I'm concerned. They're in the same genre as Disturbed, Korn, and Slipknot, which I think we can all agree are metal bands. Furthermore, they're typically played along with songs that are considered rock on radio stations.

Right now I'm listening to Avenged Sevenfold, mostly. I own their later four albums: "Waking The Fallen", "City Of Evil", "Avenged Sevenfold", and "Nightmare". As far as I'm concerned, these are all masterpieces.

I've also been listening to a lot of classic metal like Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Motorhead, Judas Priest, and Iron Maiden.

I'm also a big fan of Thrash-metal. I like (early) Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax, and I also can dig some of the music of Overkill.

On a pop music binge for the most part now. Girls Aloud, Lady Gaga, Kelly Clarkson. Cuban/Russian singer/actress Ilza Rosario.

Some indy bands: Half Demon Doll and Vanity Theft.

And the old stand by, the Grateful Dead.

Call me crazy but yeah.. WWE Entrance Musics especially stuff by Downstait.. they're actually better than most crap played right now.

I'm a metalhead through and through, but I do listen to other stuff as well. Currently I'm listening to a mingle of four albums - Devin Townsend (Terria), Sabaton (Coat of Arms), Finntroll (Nifelvind) and W.A.S.P. (Dominator). The perfect mix of prog/battle/folk and classic metal to cover an evening of drawing and various subject matters!

Chanbob said:
I'm a metalhead through and through, but I do listen to other stuff as well. Currently I'm listening to a mingle of four albums - Devin Townsend (Terria), Sabaton (Coat of Arms), Finntroll (Nifelvind) and W.A.S.P. (Dominator). The perfect mix of prog/battle/folk and classic metal to cover an evening of drawing and various subject matters!

You just won this thread for me. Thank you good sir for having amazing taste in music.

I'm digging some soft piano music by Kyle Landry right now.

PDC said:
I recently found interest in "We Came As Romans". They're a rather good metal band, and I feel they should get more recognition.

you my sir are a genius, WCAR are one of my favorite bands :p

anyway i've honestly been listening to a little bit of everything, like sometimes i'll be listening to Drake or Eminem one minute, then i'll be listening to some heavy metalcore like The Word Alive or Asking Alexandria :p, then maybe something a little soft like Paramore or We The Kings, and then something pop-punkish/easycore like A Day To Remember,
Chunk! No Captain Chunk!, Blink-182, Simple Plan, and then maybe some Alternative Rock, Like Falling in Reverse or Fall Out Boy, i also listen to dubstep, metal, old/new hip hop, and basically anything else except country :p

The Fallen One said:
You just won this thread for me. Thank you good sir for having amazing taste in music.

Thanks mate! I take it you're a Sabaton fan too. One of my all time favourite bands...I got into them in the early 00's, been hooked ever since! I saw them live earlier in the year at Camden's Electric Ballroom, with Alestorm and Thaurorod supporting...great gig!

The new Black Keys album, El Camino, will be on repeat for about a week for me. Other than that, Bob Dylan is ruling my playlist.

Back