XY What New Moves or Adjustments to Older Moves Would You Like To See?

RE: What kinds of new moves would you like to see?

something for ice teams

I don't see them adding a bunch of useful ice-types (damn you 5th gen!), but i could see them buffing Hail. here's some ice-based ideas

Hail: +50% Defense for ice types; mirroring sandstorm
Freeze-Move: Freeze self for N-turns + Full HP, maybe def buff while frozen; rare Rest for ice-types

I'd like to see ensured buffs given by weak attacks. There are already moderately strong attacks with a small chance of stat buffs. Would be fun on a bruiser

Buff-Move: 40pwr; +1 Stat Stage

Cosmic Eclipse / Dark / PWR: 120 / ACC: 85 / Special / Effect: May Lower Foes Acc, in multi-battles all pokemon on field take damage except user.

Space Storm / Psychic / PWR: N/A / ACC: N/A / Status / Effect: Weather. each turn, all pokemon stats will either drop or raise 1 stage. Dark and Psychic (maybe fairy) pokemon are unaffected by stat drops but lose 1/16 of their health each turn Space Storm is in effect.

Drohn said:
I would really like to see a move that makes Pokémon invisible, which is mainly for Ghost types and legendary Pokémon. It could boost their accuracy for 3 stages or maybe even 4. We don't have a big selection of Ghost types, so making the ones we have more special would be nice. Plus they can do it in the anime! As before, moves like Foresight and Odor Sleuth can undo the effects of invisibility. I'm also hoping for more signature moves.
Yes, something like:
invisibility - psychic - 5 PP: evasion +2, accuracy +2, crit chance x2 for 5 turns, hides your pokemon's sprite.
Could be learned by many ghost pokemon, meloetta, mew and other psychic pokemon.

Here is a psychic type move I thought of:
Name: Psypulse
Type: Psychic
Category: Special
Targets: Physical
Power: 95
Accuracy: 100%
Second Effect: May lower defense.

Could call it Blast of Genius (anyone who gets that reference is awesome.)

Drohn said:
I would really like to see a move that makes Pokémon invisible, which is mainly for Ghost types and legendary Pokémon. It could boost their accuracy for 3 stages or maybe even 4. We don't have a big selection of Ghost types, so making the ones we have more special would be nice. Plus they can do it in the anime! As before, moves like Foresight and Odor Sleuth can undo the effects of invisibility. I'm also hoping for more signature moves.

What about another useless move that's very entertaining to see the animation of? Like, Silly Dance or something?
Or maybe Distraction, where the user distracts the enemy pokemon, allowing it/them to be attacked by the teammate and leaving them unable to attack for one turn (can only be used once per battle)

We have a move called "Follow Me" with the same effect you described (except it can be used as often as your PP allows it under normal conditions). Giving it a nice suitable animation would be nice.

thought Follow Me made it so that was the target pokemon until it fainted, or until one of the enemies fainted

DrEspeon said:

That's almost the same as Psyshock, minus a) Psypulse has 15 more bp, and b) Psypulse can lower defense.

I'd much rather they do attacks with the inverse of sp.a/def, with it using physical damage and hitting the opponent for special damage.
something like
Psypunch
PP: 10
Category: Physical
Targets: Special
Power: 80
Acc. 100%

P.DelSlayer said:
DrEspeon said:

That's almost the same as Psyshock, minus a) Psypulse has 15 more bp, and b) Psypulse can lower defense.

I'd much rather they do attacks with the inverse of sp.a/def, with it using physical damage and hitting the opponent for special damage.
something like
Psypunch
Targets: Special
Power: 80
Acc. 100%

Psypunch would be good but we already have psychic, psystrike (for Mewtwo), and psyshock (not sure if that is right), do we really need another powerful psychc type attack? Then again it is a physical move that deals special damage, how many psychic type attacks do we have that do that? But since it is physical and most psychic type pokemon are special attackers a special attack that deals physical damage might be stronger than a physical move that deals special damage due to how the category uses the stat to make it stronger.

I think I might be confusing myself here. Been playing pokemon since gen one and still don't under stand everything, go figure right?

With Fairy type being featured as counterpart of Dragon type at E3 or more precisely acting as a counterbalance to it in terms of battling, I'm hoping for a "Fairy Dance" move corresponding to Dragon Dance and thus raising both the user's Special Attack and Speed by one stage.

Name: Fairy Dance
Type: Fairy
Category : Status
PP: 20
Description: The user elegantly performs a magical, gracile dance that boosts its Special Attack and Speed stats.

Similar to Dragon Dance it shouldn't be too exclusively to Fairy type Pokemon, but also learnable for some Non-Fairy types which could make use of it.

Furthermore if Poison and Steel indeed get a boost by being the only types SE against Fairy, there should be some 100%-accuracy moves that do a lot of damage.

Well, Poison at least got Sludge Wave on special side in Gen5, but there should be a physical attack with guaranteed damage and a Power of at least 90, maybe a Poison type Leaf Blade with increased critical hit ratio?

Name: Toxic Dagger
Type: Poison
PP: 15
Power: 90
Percentae of Critical Hit: 12,5% (+1)

Another possibility might be a new weather effect for 100%-accurate Gunk Shot similar to its variations Blizzard, Thunder and Hurricane:

Name: Smog Storm
Type Poison
Category: Status
Causes a Smog Storm for five turns that hurts all combatants except Poison and Steel types.
Also, as said Gunk Shot would have 100% accuracy under this effect. In addition some new abilities for Poison types that raise their evasiveness (or a different stat) during Smog Storm could give the type a further boost.

As for Steel, Flash Canon and Iron Head both have an acceptable power of 80, and especially the latter one has a helpful secondary effect, but as Steel is not very impressive offensively, a little bit more base damage would be neat.

Also a Ghost type version of Waterfall, physical, power 80, accuracy 100% with a 20% chance of causing the target to flinch (the best physical move so far - excluding Shadow Force for obvious reasons - is Shadow Claw I guess, which has a Power of 70, which is improvable).

Boulder Bash: Rock-type, Power- 50. User slams foe with two giant boulders. Attack hits twice for total power of 100. 100% accuracy.

Rhyperior's Dex Entry said:
It can launch a rock held in its hand like a missile by tightening then expanding muscles instantly.

Stone Bullet
Type: Rock
BP: 40
Accuracy: 100
PP: w/e
Description: The user fires off a stone at blinding speeds toward the foe. It is sure to strike first.

don()shinobi said:
Rhyperior's Dex Entry said:
It can launch a rock held in its hand like a missile by tightening then expanding muscles instantly.

Stone Bullet
Type: Rock
BP: 40
Accuracy: 100
PP: w/e
Description: The user fires off a stone at blinding speeds toward the foe. It is sure to strike first.

You might want to read Rock Wrecker's flavor text, it is literally a boulder launched at the enemy, though if they do a stone bullet type thing they should make it stronger than 40 power, just would not look right if it was only 40 power and was launched in your face by the enemy, maybe make it 90 power (I.E. the different 90 power special attacks we have already)

Doesn't mean I don't want it. It'd give people a reason to use Rhyperior.

don()shinobi said:

You mean other than the fact that Rhyperior is a tank (physically speaking especially) great attack, good special attack, and can learn enough moves to cover enough of its weaknesses if it survives? Not to mention breeding and tutors. There are plenty of reasons to use Rhyperior.

Raptor9229 said:
don()shinobi said:

You mean other than the fact that Rhyperior is a tank (physically speaking especially) great attack, good special attack, and can learn enough moves to cover enough of its weaknesses if it survives? Not to mention breeding and tutors. There are plenty of reasons to use Rhyperior.

Its slow. Even with its ability it gets wrecked by anything with water, grass, or fighting. Having a priority move to utilize that power and make ppl think twice before trying to out speed it would definitely give it a boost.

NoDice said:
Raptor9229 said:

Its slow. Even with its ability it gets wrecked by anything with water, grass, or fighting. Having a priority move to utilize that power and make ppl think twice before trying to out speed it would definitely give it a boost.

I have seen Venusaur outspeed scyther before, yes I said scyther, but yes a priority move would help but using it as a tank (I.E. if they don't have their grass, water or fighting types on the field yet you can still set up entry hazards as long as they do not have rapid spin). I like your idea but at the same time it is kinda out there.

Raptor9229 said:
NoDice said:

I have seen Venusaur outspeed scyther before, yes I said scyther, but yes a priority move would help but using it as a tank (I.E. if they don't have their grass, water or fighting types on the field yet you can still set up entry hazards as long as they do not have rapid spin). I like your idea but at the same time it is kinda out there.

I dont think a Rock type priority move is very out there- and honestly, I love Rhyperior's design- it was one of my favorite additions in D/P by far.... but, its just not very good. In game it does alright, but competitively pretty much everything and its mom has one of those 3 types of moves, with Fighting being extremely common due to its nice coverage- which makes Rhyperior not stand much of a chance.

NoDice said:
Raptor9229 said:

I dont think a Rock type priority move is very out there- and honestly, I love Rhyperior's design- it was one of my favorite additions in D/P by far.... but, its just not very good. In game it does alright, but competitively pretty much everything and its mom has one of those 3 types of moves, with Fighting being extremely common due to its nice coverage- which makes Rhyperior not stand much of a chance.

Well, Solid Rock Rhyperior is kinda good if it's single battle, or if it's the main offense in a triple battle. Lightningrod Rhyperior is only good in double/triple battles if you have a flying or water-type partner. Reckless Rhyperior is just pointless..

FloodBadge said:
NoDice said:

Well, Solid Rock Rhyperior is kinda good if it's single battle, or if it's the main offense in a triple battle. Lightningrod Rhyperior is only good in double/triple battles if you have a flying or water-type partner. Reckless Rhyperior is just pointless..

Agreed. There are definitely many Pokemon that are much more vulnerable that have the same typing for sure.

As for moves Id like to see- Id like to see some new "blade" moves implemented.

Psycho Cut and Leaf Blade type moves but with other elemental affinities would be fantastic! Of course giving them some type of secondary effect would be mandatory too, like-

Hemlock Blade (Hemlock is native to Europe I believe)
Poison(PHYSICAL)-PWR 90- ACC 95 - 10% Chance to Poison. OR
PWR 40 ACC 95 - 40% Chance to cause Toxic Poison.

Vulcan Slash
Fire-(PHYSICAL)-PWR 90- ACC 95- 10% Chance to Burn.

and also Electric, Water and of course Steel varants.

Maybe make a true knight type Pokemon to wield them all as well!

NoDice said:
FloodBadge said:

Agreed. There are definitely many Pokemon that are much more vulnerable that have the same typing for sure.

Psycho Cut and Leaf Blade type moves but with other elemental affinities would be fantastic! Of course giving them some type of secondary effect would be mandatory too, like-

Vulcan Slash

Funny how swords and knives and other blades are made of metals, yet the only steel-type cutting attacks we have are Metal Claw and Steel Wing.

Enguard
25 PP (basically it's iron defense, but also raises accuracy one stage)
Steel

Piercing Shot
5 PP (1-hit KO move)
Steel

Unsheath
15 PP
Raises attack by 2, but lowers defense by 1
Steel

Blade Cross
20 PP
Slashes the target 2 to 4 times with a sharp blade
First hit does a max of 25 damage, 2nd does 50, 75, 100
Steel

FloodBadge said:
NoDice said:

Vulcan Slash

Blade Cross
20 PP
Slashes the target 2 to 4 times with a sharp blade
First hit does a max of 25 damage, 2nd does 50, 75, 100
Steel

Would this be similar to Fury Cutter, or a multi-hit move? If it's the latter, then it would be seriously overpowered... a potential 250 damage per turn with no drawbacks would be destructive. If it is like that, then I would suggest lowering its PP to 10 max and/or it lowering defense by a stage.

A high-powered physical Water move (around 120 bp) is one of my major wants.

Back