What other old mechanics do you wish to see again?

Scizorliscious said:
^The problem with rock-paper-scissors (Team Galactic's Wager) is that some people are simply better at it than others. RPS does take some skill, and I don't understand why one's ability in that game should affect the outcome in Pokémon. It's like telling people to arm wrestle to determine a card's outcome; it favors certain people.
Eh, I would argue that RPS is purely a game of intelligence and luck, both of which are major factors in the game anyway. As opposed to arm wrestling, which would add physical strength as a factor. But I see your point.
The bottom line for me is seeing more interactivity between players other than the standard moves set into the game. It seems silly, but I would love to see a legal version of any of the Imakuni? cards.

6-Dimension said:
Scizorliscious said:
^The problem with rock-paper-scissors (Team Galactic's Wager) is that some people are simply better at it than others. RPS does take some skill, and I don't understand why one's ability in that game should affect the outcome in Pokémon. It's like telling people to arm wrestle to determine a card's outcome; it favors certain people.
Eh, I would argue that RPS is purely a game of intelligence and luck, both of which are major factors in the game anyway. As opposed to arm wrestling, which would add physical strength as a factor. But I see your point.
I think RPS is a different kind of intelligence than Pokémon, though. As a better example than RPS, what if people played a game of checkers to determine a card's outcome? Or even chess? That wouldn't seem right to me; but I dunno.
Imukani? is a yes. I'd love to see those cards come out in English. Especially the Whismur, to use against people who can't keep their mouths shut ;P

i would love a RPS card ;D i always win. RPS is like doing a triple battle, try and predict your opponent and know that they will try to predict you so just do the opposite of what the obvious choice is...i love it lol

why is there no scan for here comes team rocket?! i want that card again...play with all your prizes face up xD so fun

i also want something like scramble energy back..so that stage 2 decks can atleast make a 'sorta' comeback...it would also lead to very good comeback wins....sure upper was there...but dce>>>>>upper...:(

Mysterious Fossil. 50hp

(Fossil Rule)

Ability -

Once during your turn, before you attach, you may reveal a Restored Pokemon from your hand. Attach that card to Mysterious Fossil (This counts as evolving Mysterious Fossil).

71-computer-search.jpg

i love this card, and i think would be great in this format

I would want back those offensive stadiums from the EX era, like Crystal Beach.

Also Blaine's Gamble wouldn't be bad either IMO.

Please (don't) bring back SP, please!!!!! The old mechanic I want back is cooler energies, like Double Rainbow energy or Scramble energy, as I bought a Legend Makers deck (remember that?)...good times, Goedudes blowing up, while playing it against my FireRed and LeafGreen decks....

I want SPs! IMO they were the best format because I enjoyed the faster game pace. I want to bring back the no T/S/S on T1 though.

I think he means reshiram and zekrom remind him of sp because they have a ton of health and are basic pokemon, as well as the fact that they pretty much control the metagame.

Dark Void said:
I think he means reshiram and zekrom remind him of sp because they have a ton of health and are basic pokemon, as well as the fact that they pretty much control the metagame.

Ya. This is what he means. SPs would be no that much of a problem because reshiram/Zekrom consistantly KO them.

ProudPokePlayer said:
I would want back those offensive stadiums from the EX era, like Crystal Beach.

Also Blaine's Gamble wouldn't be bad either IMO.

Because we totally need more coinflips deciding things

Back