Pokemon What thrills you in pokemon?

When I read a really good fic.

Mystery Dungeon has definitely given me the most thrills...
First, when I was younger, I remember beating MD Red, and litarly screaming with happiness after beating Rayquaza. Always... Beating Rayquaza was the best.
Then, there was recruiting Latias (pfft, who needs Latios?). I know my heart skipped a beat then.
Then in MDEoS, I recall my blood flowing faster than usual after I beat Dialga. Sadly, the thrill was killed when my lead Vulpix had to leave her Shinx partner.

...and yeah... Shinies :p

Winning in competitive battling (since I am not that good).
But I do enjoy it when I finally complete a game for the first time.

I get thrilled in pokemon when I find a shiny pokemon. I also get thrilled when I am about to battle a legendary pokemon, or winning an online battle.

I'm thrilled whenever I have fun in anything "Pokemon" related, and I usually have fun winning. Other than that, I get thrilled getting a good card trade, building a new deck, or just being at a tournament.

dmaster said:
Also finding a Shiny literally gives me a heart attack every time.

This.

Thrills... Perish Songing Blue to death in round 2 in LeafGreen was fairly exciting. All of the extra stuff in Emerald that wasn't in RS thrilled me (almost every area had some tweak to it). Also in Emerald: Lucy.

For TCG, pulling a Lv. X got me every time.

Whenever I pull a Full Art I feel like I'm king of the Pokemon World. Also when I'm at a tournament, I have lot's O' heart burn. But if it were ACTUALLY IN the World Of Pokemon, I'd say either seeing Ash Ketchum or Red, or flying on Latias's back. It's very exhillerating!!! :D

When I buy 4 packs of Next Destinies and pull 1 card I want for my deck from each one, plus trainers.
:)

Just the anticipation of opening the pokemon packs makes me excited. You might either pull a great card, or a horrible one.

I get thrills when I finally figure out the "missing key" to a team and it ends up getting me from 3000/6000 on a server to 200/6000.

Also, having the VG mods approve and post my RMTs. You wait and wait and wait, and then one day when you log on... there it is.

Using Pokemon I actually like, instead of ones for video game competition, is all that thrills me.

Plus, I like to use Perish Song and then try to finish the battle before time runs out.

Battling the Battle Tower/Battle Subway's final Pokemon always pumps my adrenaline.
On a minor note, I get particularly joyful whenever I get a "free drink" from a vending machine in B/W.
Oh, and Shinies! Can't forget about Shinies!

Shampoo Thief said:
Finding a Shiny. In my entire pokemon career (I've played since red and blue) I have seen and caught two, a voltorb and a scraggy.

Also, getting a good team and training them to high levels.

Reaching level 100 (without cheating). I have 1 pokemon, which I trained from level 5 to level 100. My Espeon. It was a great thrill to reach that mark

I have trained up about 14 pokemon to level 100 (heatran that was caught and leveled from there) ether from an egg or from a low level. It is an amazing to have them.

I get a thrill out of the Underground in DPP. I don't know why, but every time I see what could be a plate or stone I get really excited. Then add on the fact that it could cave in at any second, man I love that.

Everything, I've grown up with it, but one of the most thrilling momenents is when new games are revealed!

When I beat a deck I really hate *cough*ChandyPlume*cough*

Pulling a card I need, top-decking a card I need, getting legit IVs on a Pokemon I like, and opening a new game/pack of cards! Also, finding someone that plays is awesome, because not many do in my area anymore lol.

Well tbh I get excited When they release a new Pikachu or Mew in a set lol i Know im 16 but honestly thats what excites me and the thought that one day I will be able to afford a Booster box the games don't excite me tbh anymore

These are some really specific examples, but in Black & White, the plot really struck my heart quite poignantly so far when I was talking with Drayden about the two hero brothers who had an argument, and the magnificent Dragon Pokemon split into Reshiram and Zekrom. It was like, such deep symbolism about the One Great Truth that people today argue about a lot!

A louder, but less recent freakout was waaaay back in Spring 2011 when I reached the Skyarrow Bridge and ran through it the first time, I was like "What the crap?! WHAT THE CRAP!!??" and I kept freaking out like that and showed my dad how the camera just flies into the sky like "WHOOOAAAA!!"

Back