XY What Type might Sylveon be?

RE: What Type might Ninfia be???

oakbark said:
Sylveon = Sylph = air spirit elemental = Flying-type.

Confirmed on the Pokemon XY website that it'll be a new type. Clue in the name. Come on people it's quite obvious!!

Sorry, but the first thing I think of when I see Sylveon, is SYLVester.

oakbark said:

Confirmed on the Pokemon XY website that it'll be a new type. Clue in the name. Come on people it's quite obvious!!

a new type as in 'a type that isn't used for an eeveelution yet'

I really wish there were a counterpart to Eevee and its many evolutions that wasn't froo-froo cutesy. We need a bug or reptile with three or more branching evolutionary paths.

Mitja said:
oakbark said:

I'm sorry, I don't want to start anything, honestly. But I've been reading your posts in this thread about Sylveon's typing...why can't you just accept the fact that the Pokémon is likely going to be a Flying-Type?

Like the signs were so clear already, and now they're even clearer.

RE: What Type might Ninfia (Sylveon) be???

34pkruw.jpg

Check this pic out. On the opposite sides of the circle is the type that is weak/strong against the other type. Jolteon being electric type we can be lead to believe that sylveon will be flying type. Just a neat theory

Honestly, I think odds are in favor of it being Normal. In Eeveelution terms, colors are always a pretty clear indicator of type...and there are an abundance of pink/white/beige Normal-types.

I can buy into Mitja's "cherry on top" Eeveelution theory.

Plus, it seems as if the names across all languages have to do with nymphs/fairies...and if you check the Fairy egg group, many are normal type (especially the ones that are pink).

I personally have four different thoughts on what Sylveon's type will be.
1: Flying type. That's the first thing I thought after seeing its picture. I noticed its resemblance to Skyla and those long scarf-like things that seem to flap in the wind.
Possibility: High

2: Normal type. It closely resembles many existing Normal-types and I can definitely see where people are going with that one. Would not surprise me if it just evolved at level 30 or something like that as an alternative for those who don't want to use an elemental Eeveelution,
Possibility: High

3: Normal type FEMALE only. This theory would then suggest that a more masculine Normal-type Eeveelution will be available as well. I think it would be very cool if this actually happened, although there is a very slim chance of it.
Possibility: Very slim

4: New type. I know this theory has been used on every Pokemon in every generation, so I don't think Sylveon has a better chance of being, say, a "Light" type than Reshiram, who many hypothesized to be "Light" type. I think this would be very intersting, but I think the chances are very, VERY slim.
Possibilty: Almost none

Mitja care to post that "Cherry on top" theory?

I think it will be either Normal or Flying type. My hope like the above poster is that there will be a Male Only; Eeveelution if this one ends up being Female Only.

Chrono said:
3: Normal type FEMALE only. This theory would then suggest that a more masculine Normal-type Eeveelution will be available as well. I think it would be very cool if this actually happened, although there is a very slim chance of it.
Possibility: Very slim

It may be possible that Sylveon has two forms and this is the female form, but I find that unlikely as well. But I don't think they'll have a separate species male evolution.

Ysmir said:
Mitja care to post that "Cherry on top" theory?

I think it will be either Normal or Flying type. My hope like the above poster is that there will be a Male Only; Eeveelution if this one ends up being Female Only.

Check post #60...

Mitja said:
As I've speculated since forever... what better way is there to slow down the neverending eeveelution-fan-demand than by making a single "cherry on top" Normal evolution?

Personally I don't want Eevee to get overdone with unfitting types for the sake of obliging silly fan wishes, so I'm very glad the eeveelution hype did turn this way after all.

That would be what I was referring to. I suppose "theory" was a poor word choice.

ryter78 said:
34pkruw.jpg

Check this pic out. On the opposite sides of the circle is the type that is weak/strong against the other type. Jolteon being electric type we can be lead to believe that sylveon will be flying type. Just a neat theory

That is probably just coincidence, as it looks like they are grouped by row for each generation they are released in.

Zoroark316 said:
ryter78 said:
34pkruw.jpg

That is probably just coincidence, as it looks like they are grouped by row for each generation they are released in.

I wouldn't be so quick to say that it's just a coincidence. So far Nintendo hasn't shown anything just out of "coincidence". Look at when Nintendo asked how many possible evee evolutions there are on twiter or like on Pokemon Smash everyone was dressed up as an evee evolution. You can't say that this is a coincidence because nothing so far that seemed little was a coincidence. They were hints. This could possibly be another hint.

Ask yourself, what are the chances that you will get 3 one way weaknesses if you sort 8 types in a circle?..

They didn't have that much freedom to put in some secret hint, with it simply being top-old, bottom-new.

PokemonFreak44 said:
Mitja said:

I'm sorry, I don't want to start anything, honestly. But I've been reading your posts in this thread about Sylveon's typing...why can't you just accept the fact that the Pokémon is likely going to be a Flying-Type?

Like the signs were so clear already, and now they're even clearer.

What signs?

I've seen:
-Sylphs are air elementals (altho there are other air and wind related pokemon that are not Flying...names in other languages aren't any less vague either)
-It looks like Skyla (she is not even a pokemon.. don't tell me you'd say its gonna be Dragon if it had a single huge ribbon and a big haircut, or Ground because it has a cowboy hat..)

Frankly if Gamefreak outright stated "Sylveon ain't Normal", I'd still jump to Fighting before thinking that it could be Flying.

ryter78 said:
34pkruw.jpg

I thought you were pointing at ground type...
Well, ground type would work because electric type attacks don't affect ground type Pokémon, much like how psychic type moves (Espeon) don't affect dark types (Umbreon).

NFESENE.png

ryter78 said:
34pkruw.jpg

Alternatively, it could be Ground (psh, yeah right) going by that logic.
And Sylveon "looking like Skyla" is a coincidence.

I'm betting on Flying type because of all of the reasons people are saying.

But what does it have to do with love, though? Sylveon was officially released yesterday on Valentine's Day. I bet there's a reason, outside of it just being adorable.

I agree i think may be either flying or bug my only semi-solid evidence is the link below:
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/sylve
I think it may be bug or only one reason the first part of the eeveelution names all hint at there type
i.e. the flare in flareon= Fire, jolt in jolteon= electric, esp in espeon= psychic, etc.
so i think the sylve in sylveon hints at bug... due to the fact we already have leafeon in grass

I just want to say how arbitrary and dumb it is when people say this is obviously "female only" or should have a "more masculine" counterpart. What is this, the 1920's? Just because something is pinkish with bows doesn't mean it can only be female, any more than something muscular and tough looking automatically means male. We aren't even talking about humans, here.

Penguins are not the male counterpart to pink flamingos. Moths aren't boy butterflies.

Umm... There is a such thing as effeminate looks and maculine looks, though.

Bulbapedia's trivia says Sylveon is the lightest of all Eeveelutions
just saying
light = flying?

Back