What would you like to see Pokemon create in the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have more requests. Yes, play mats, and not the paper ones that come with theme decks. I'd also like the return of Legends and Delta Species. I'm still rooting for energy packs too.

I'd like to see the return of holographic cards with all the different symbols on them (sort of like Machamp EX Hidden Legends).

Also, Team Pokémon. Something like Team Rocket vs. Team Plasma, with different engines that overlap to an extent. That would be pretty coolio.

catutie said:
Metalizard said:
off-topic: Why the heck do people consider missingno a Pokémon? That's the most stupid thing ever... seriously, that thing isn't and won't ever be a pokémon...

on-topic: silver borders like the japanese ones, return of lv. x's, return of the formes's names in the cards and cards for each form (why's there only cards for red-striped basculin for example?), dark pokémon cards for non-johto&kanto pokémon, delta species cards for the newer gens (IV & V), SP Pokémon cards for GL, E4 & Champions of Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and obviously Unova...

edit: oh, and yeah, a new Pokémon TCG game for DS or 3DS

no...we don't need SP to return or lvl x

Why not? I preferred the lv.x mechanic way more than the primes and LEGEND cards... and when I say SP, I mean more like Owner's Pokémon, I don't mean having overpowered cards again...

i would like to see a glaceon.
we had all the eveelutions and reprints from hgss-COL, but no glaceon. why not?

Exactly. There are only 4 glaceon, plus RH, Platinum stamped Glaceon.

ogeray said:
i would like to see a glaceon.
we had all the eveelutions and reprints from hgss-COL, but no glaceon. why not?

glaceon said:
Exactly. There are only 4 glaceon, plus RH, Platinum stamped Glaceon.

Don't forget the Glaceon Snowflake Advent Promo. I think that's worth a mention.

But yeah, we need more Glaceon cards. It's pretty ridiculous when you compare the number of unique Glaceon cards to the number of unique Leafeon cards. Doesn't make sense, especially since Leafeon debuted with Glaceon...

Here's my top 5 things I would like to see

5. "Core Sets"
Like in Magic the Gathering, release a set every 1 or 2 years which contains around 150-200 cards. Make half of them brand new cards and the other half reprints or updated versions of older cards, such that the "basics" are included (Potion, Switch, Energies etc) and that older cards won't be able to keep up with newer ones (for example if Base Set Hitmonchan was to come back, it would probably need more hp in order to be worth playing).

4.All Types of Pokemon
Have all types of pokemon (Ice, Bug, Ghost, etc) available as different types. Then have special abilities related to each type (for example, poison types can't be affected by the status condition Poision), and give them their own special energy.

3.More Supporters and Stadiums
I only know one guy who runs a deck using more then 1 type of stadium card. Since HGSS there's only been about 4 stadium cards, 2 which can only be used in specific types of deck (Indigo Plateau and Lost World). It would be interesting to have more focus on stadiums as well. Also, I think there's only been 3 Supporters released in Japan so far since their Black and White (all of them draw), so it would be nice to see more of them getting printed soon.

2. New Mechanic "Legendary Pokemon"
Have "ultra-rare" cards of legendary pokemon which are so powerful they're almost broken. For example ,an Uxie like the Legends Awakened one but lets you use it's set up power every turn, or a Lugia like the Legend but with an ability making it easier to get energy onto it. The catch is that you can only have one legendary pokemon in a deck. I think a similar mechanic came out before Diamond and Pearl but that was before I started playing again.

1.More of a link between basic pokemon and their evolutions.
I know some evolution lines are like that (SF Gastly and Gengar), but give more basic pokemon an attack/ability which allows you to do something that the evolved pokemon can then take advantage of. It makes these basic cards more useful then something to just put on your bench and leave while you find it's evolutions.

TragicTheSaddening said:
4.All Types of Pokemon

Isn't that going to make the game super complicated? Not to mention mass redundancy due to tons of cards. When I first heard of the TCG I wondered why there were so few types. Then I played the TCG and found out it was like that for a reason.

More Pokemon Types! We need like, Angelic Type and Devil Type xD

A card liekez Exodiaz plx?

Well, you don't win when you put the pieces together... it's not like this happens...

-plays down 1-1 Lugia Legend-

"I...play...LUGIAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!"

-intimidating orchestral music plays-

I meant something like Legend cards & Lost World put together. "When you play all pieces of this together on the field, you may declare yourself the winner." Of course, I'm just trolling around - if that ever happens, I quitz Pogeyman TCG.

I have always thought a Pokemon Anime about the card game would be good but my mates just tell me it would fail and be called a Yu-Gi-Oh clone but i think otherwise anyone else agree ?

~A Pinsir evolution
~Continual reprints of cards like Windstorm, Steven's Advice, Roseanne's Research, Night Maintenance...etc.
~More innovative artwork for the next couple blocs for the ultra rare cards. LV.X and Legend both had awesome artworks, and the Black/White ultra rares of Resh/Zek are decidedly bland
~A system like this thread talked about, before the thread humiliated itself

That is all. For now.

XieRH said:
TragicTheSaddening said:
4.All Types of Pokemon

Isn't that going to make the game super complicated? Not to mention mass redundancy due to tons of cards. When I first heard of the TCG I wondered why there were so few types. Then I played the TCG and found out it was like that for a reason.

Yeah that's a fair point. Right now, with aproximately 100 cards being released each expansion, it would mean that each set only contains one or two new evolutions for each type, which wouldn't give a lot of variety to decks. I guess it could work if the types were different but used the same basic energies used now, so that you could run a deck with, say, Vaporeon and Glaceon using only water energy, and if more pokemon had two types or two weaknesses.
But yeah, something like this will most likely never happen anyway so......yeah xD.

Create a Luxray X tin so the value would go down and it would be easier to get:p(even though I already have one:p) and some triumphant tins with primes For example Magnezone Prime, Gengar Prime, etc:)

1 or more Pikachu theamed Tins

as for glow in the dark maybe the Pokemon art could glow as well like with Umbreons rings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back