Pokemon Whats The Point?

FancyDanceLudicolo

Trying to fix my own mistakes
I Dont see why people buy the first 2 games that come out (red/blue, diamond/pearl) when we all know that they come out with a 3rd installment. I think its a waste. I'm not saying that you shouldnt buy that games im just saying you shouldnt get the first to when we all know that a third one will come out.

Because we all want to see what they're like.

Then we go buy the third one.

But that one takes forever to come out. If you want to actually play the game, the first two are for you. If you don't particulary care either way, then wait out for the third.

1st you buy the first 1-2 then finish them and buy the 3rd one AND/OR it gives a "bigger' (1) range of games to play

Also there's always something missing in the three games. For example in RSE... Ruby has Solrock and Zangoose, Sapphire has Lunatone and Seviper. Emerald has Solrock and Seviper, meaning that the Dex cannot be finished without all three games. Also EMerald is missing MAsquirain and MEdicham. THere are some features in the first two that aren't in the third, but for some reason I haven't found out what that is yet...

I actuallt think it would be a lot better they never started a third game thing. Whos with me?

It's cool to collect the game when it comes out and then get the third installment. I don't think anyone would like to wait over a year while your friends are playing it. It isn't as fun. :)

Well I think this thread has no point. Anyway for those waiting for platinum I'll tell you what's it like since I'll be buying the Japaneses Version! =) Anyway people buy the games because they want to! The answer is as simple as that.

Well, people get both games to complete the Pokedex in the games. Then, with the third game, they'll transfer Pokemon they need in the game to it

FancyDanceLudicolo said:
I don't see why people buy the first 2 games that come out (red/blue, diamond/pearl) when we all know that they come out with a 3rd installment. I think its a waste. I'm not saying that you shouldnt buy that games im just saying you shouldnt get the first to when we all know that a third one will come out.

D/P PWNS Plat.
I should know, I'm pre-ordering it.

For me I buy the first ones when they come out, play them and beat the crap out of them and then get bored of them for awhile. Then when the new one (in this case platinum) comes out I am all excited to play again :]

Gamefreak734 said:
I actuallt think it would be a lot better they never started a third game thing. Whos with me?

Good things-
We would have to trade in which you would need more friends and you could battle if you trade

Less money

Bad things-
You can't catch all in one game
No battle frontier/tower
No new stuff to get moar hype about

There is probably more

FancyDanceLudicolo said:
I don't see why people buy the first 2 games that come out (red/blue, diamond/pearl) when we all know that they come out with a 3rd installment. I think its a waste. I'm not saying that you shouldnt buy that games im just saying you shouldnt get the first to when we all know that a third one will come out.
It's not worth playing the game for the experience of the game itself; it's one of the worst RPGs around, and I'm only comparing this with turn-based RPGs. The idea of going around earning 8 badges, becoming the Champion and completing the stupid Dex sucked in the first place. People get the game because there's a new generation of Pokemon, and new strategies for competitive battling. That's why. As for those who don't competitive battle, they get it because they love their Pokeymanz.

I love my "Pokeymanz"... D=
I've always liked the RPG for the story. It's not completely dependent on badges...anyways..it must be at least kinda good because it's addicting.

zyflair said:
Because we all want to see what they're like.

Then we go buy the third one.

not to mention the third installment has pokemon missing that you can only get in D/P Mismagius/Honchkrow evo line for example.

It's not worth playing the game for the experience of the game itself; it's one of the worst RPGs around, and I'm only comparing this with turn-based RPGs. The idea of going around earning 8 badges, becoming the Champion and completing the stupid Dex sucked in the first place. People get the game because there's a new generation of Pokemon, and new strategies for competitive battling. That's why. As for those who don't competitive battle, they get it because they love their Pokeymanz.

Well, I don't think collecting the pokedex is lame. It takes a lot of work, and it's by far one of the hardest things to do in the game. I do think they should change the whole gym thing by now, but collecting the pokedex makes the game really fun, and most people do not complete it. :)

In point, the Dex is one of the most irritating things to have to do, because you have to checklist the Pokemon in the dex, look up where they might appear, and struggle with the more common Pokemon that appear exactly when you don't want them to. Only then can you access the next part which may be finished faster than finishing the Dex.

luckyluigi7 said:

Well, I don't think collecting the pokedex is lame. It takes a lot of work, and it's by far one of the hardest things to do in the game. I do think they should change the whole gym thing by now, but collecting the pokedex makes the game really fun, and most people do not complete it. :)

How fun! Walking around trying to catch every pokemon with luck! No... Just buy it for Wi-Fi/Competitive battling.. thats all it's really good for...

darkrai1246 said:
luckyluigi7 said:

How fun! Walking around trying to catch every pokemon with luck! No... Just buy it for Wi-Fi/Competitive battling.. thats all it's really good for...
I agree with this. The RPG story has been repeated many times. Some evil crime syndicate does something that harms the Pokemon world and is somehow related to a legendary Pokemon.

[/quote]I agree with this. The RPG story has been repeated many times. Some evil crime syndicate does something that harms the Pokemon world and is somehow related to a legendary Pokemon.
[/quote]

lol evil crime..team rocket,magma,aqua,galactic...whats next team solar?team jupiter?

Back