When did you officially start playing Pokemon?

Base Set. But then I took a break and started at Delta Species. And then I took a break and started at Stormfront. Basically been playing since the start.

dmaster out.

I first played back in the OG Base Set days. First pack I ever got had a charizard. So thats the only deck I played for a long while. I quit after Gym Leaders 2 right before the Neo series started. I started up again back in December of 09

I played from base set all the way up to neo destiny came out. Then I had to quit for awhile because of money, but I recently just started playing again and I'm amazed how much the card game has changed : D

i first started playing with holon phantoms .. which was cool because i pulled a walrein ex and a mightyena ex .. but never in competitive play ^^

first torunament were Nats 2009
I went 4-4...
since that I only played two Cities (there are no tournaments near me...)
both 3-1

I started when I was 5 and I'm 11 now so.... proboly around when Legend Maker came out. (My first POP tourny was CA. states 2006, I had to play Jason Klaczynski, who went on to win Worlds that year with the exact same decklist)

Officially?

Video game sometime in April of 2007 with Pokemon Sapphire.

For the TCG I joined my first league in September 2007. Got spanked horribly but it fanned the flames of my competitive fire :)

Somewhere in the early 2006.
First tournament: Nationals 2006

Then I stopped during Feb 2008.

Recently came back just 2 weeks before the HGSS PRs :X

I started pokemon right after great encounters came out. I really started playing at a LA prerealease. I placed first and packed three LV.Xs that day.

Base set. I played with the 2-player starter kit \m/

2008 november and my first tourny was states and i was scared but i did goodish and the my 2nd tourny was regionals and i got 8th!!! :D did i mention that i live in florida?

When I was about 4/5 years old when the Base Set came out (I think. Can't remember how old I was when it came out in the EU, and I'm 16 going on 17 now). I remember getting the Mewtwo Starter Deck with Pikachu and stuff.

I still have the boxes and stuff somewhere.

Though, I have only been collecting since then. I have only recently started actually 'playing', i.e since last Easter (ish).

Pokemon has that effect.

It doesn't matter if you lose or not, it only matters if you have fun.
Duskbunny said:
I started about five years ago (right when delta species was BIG) and I went to a states. boy was it FUN! I lost all my matches, but it still was probably the best pokemon experience I have ever had.

That's cool. My story is somewhat like that. I only had the cards, and never went to a league until Diamond and Pearl were out.
dmaster said:
Base Set. But then I took a break and started at Delta Species. And then I took a break and started at Stormfront. Basically been playing since the start.

dmaster out.

Well, Yeah. We happen to be in the Trading Card game General Discussion.
FireMeowth said:
The TCG, I presume?
I believe it was back when Hidden Legends was released, which would make it... 2004? 2003?
...Something like that, anyways. *shrugs*

Officially in high school which was 1999-2000 (senior year). I payed a venusaur deck at the time. Played until about atryopolis (sp?) then stopped because I could no longer keep buying cards to keep up with the trends at the time (though I love jumbo box toppers). Started again in 2008 with DP, and have not stopped since.

First tournament was I believe in 2000-2001, last tournament was cities 2009 plus a bunch of local stuff...

Got my first cards in 2000. Started playin. Just with friends. Stopped playin during the neo/e-card series, bought like a pack a month. Started again from RS-Dragon. Still not competitive, not going to events. Started again with DF. Saw a theme deck in Albertsons and it sparked my interest. Started looking at tcgplayer.com. Read pooka and bullados' articles, they are the ones who really taught me how to play the game competitively. Thanks. Tried to make a raieggs, but not having much really hurt. Started going to a league, but it was in a borders and i didnt want people to know i play, so I quit once MT came out. Still no tournies. Got back when I saw a MD pack in a store. Decided to go to a LA prerelease. Did the theme deck thing, went 3-0 never letting them take a prize. I knew this game was my thing. Started going to a new league. Still go there to this day. Got help from competitives there, started going to tournies. First top cut at san diego cities. Top 8'ed states, grinded into worlds. I wasn't a good player though. This year, winning 2 BR's and I have a steady 1700 rating heading into states, this time in masters. During cities, I also got the privelage of playing my teacher bullados best 2/3 in a tournament. I managed to beat him in a close 3 game match. Now i'm reaching my full potential, i'm being taught how to think at least 5 turns ahead. Things have changed so much.

If you actually read this you're pretty great

Back