XY Which New Items and Poké Balls Would You Want in XY?

scattered mind said:
How about items from the TCG world?

Dark patch- Fully restores pp of all dark type moves ( can be used during battle)

Crashing hammer- Prevent the foe from using random move

Hypnotoxic laser- Poison the foe and has 10% to put it asleep instead.
I like that idea!

Also, how about Tool Scrapper? The foe's tool is disabled until it switches out.

I don't want new specific Pokeballs as much as I would like to make custom-made Pokeballs--it's not gonna happen, but I want it.

There's a mod of Minecraft called Pixelmon. To get Pokeballs, you use apricorns and arrange them in a variety of patterns to make specific Pokeballs. You then put them on an anvil and use a hammer to form their spherical-ish shape. That got me thinking...why couldn't the player theoretically take raw materials and make new Pokeballs out of them with different effects depending on the type, quality, and quantity of materials used?

don()shinobi said:
I don't want new specific Pokeballs as much as I would like to make custom-made Pokeballs--it's not gonna happen, but I want it.

There's a mod of Minecraft called Pixelmon. To get Pokeballs, you use apricorns and arrange them in a variety of patterns to make specific Pokeballs. You then put them on an anvil and use a hammer to form their spherical-ish shape. That got me thinking...why couldn't the player theoretically take raw materials and make new Pokeballs out of them with different effects depending on the type, quality, and quantity of materials used?

Honestly, a true ball crafting mechanic would be amazing. Itd be a great way to bring back apricorns (and Johto balls for F***sake!), and allow unparalleled customization of your capture devices.
EG:
Have about 10-15 apricorns that represent colors, being able to use a primary and up to two secondary colors. Designs or patterns (EG: Vertical stripe, spots, two stripes, camo pattern)for the balls could be unlocked as you, possibly through art studios or something (its France after all).
Have 10-20 apricorns that apply various effects, with a limit of 2 per ball or something? For example, Dusk apricorn gives X2 capture rate at night, and for a double effect you could apply 2 or use another apricorn to give it a totally additional effect.

So in total you could use 5 apricorns and customize 1 ball to your specs the way you want it. Not a bad deal, as long as they can be obtained other ways than plants only.

don()shinobi said:

Its a nice idea (infinite Master Ball). The only thing is which would be the materials. It would be hard to get the Master Ball (or any ball you want) if you don't spoil yourself.

shiny ball- automaticly appaers in your bag when encounter a shiny pokemon if you have no pokeballs at all.

would save a lot of people

Broken Glasses: Makes it so that Normal- and Fighting-attacks hit Ghost-Pokémon; at the expense of -10% accuracy and -10% attack. (Even Seismic Toss is affected. It calculates the damage, THEN substracts 10%. A Level 100 Pokémon would do 90 damage with Seismic Toss.)

Poison Thorn: If the Pokémon holding this item is attacked by a physical attack; the opponent's Pokémon is poisoned. One-time use.

kylechu1000 said:
I want to see what is used to get Sylveon! Is it a silk scarf?

Added evolutions to existing pokemon are never via methods/items that already existed.
Otherwise Umbreon would be via Moon Stone, Leafeon via Leaf Stone, and all those trade+item evos could be simply trade evos.

Mitja said:
Added evolutions to existing pokemon are never via methods/items that already existed.
Otherwise Umbreon would be via Moon Stone, Leafeon via Leaf Stone, and all those trade+item evos could be simply trade evos.

Lickitung was able to get Rollout before gen 4 though (and I think Swinub could have Ancientpower before then, but I'm not as sure...)

I would love to see a "Trap Ball" that you place on the ground and continue your journey and after some time, when you go back to the ball, it may or may not have caught a Pokemon, and sometimes it can catch rare or even shiny Pokemon.

Would be neat to have an out of battle pokeball.

Rob234111 said:
I would love to see a "Trap Ball" that you place on the ground and continue your journey and after some time, when you go back to the ball, it may or may not have caught a Pokemon, and sometimes it can catch rare or even shiny Pokemon.

Would be neat to have an out of battle pokeball.

That would be a very interesting concept.

Frezgle said:
Mitja said:

Lickitung was able to get Rollout before gen 4 though (and I think Swinub could have Ancientpower before then, but I'm not as sure...)

I know, but they're two anomalies in a pool of "lets make it so its consistent" evolutions.
If they suggested "maybe it evolves by learning Swift" then I couldn't say much against it.

But in terms of items, its still safe to say it wont evolve via Silk scarf. It'd be a new one then.
I can see Pink Bow being reintroduced for this purpose maybe.

Multiball: Captures all pokemon in a hoard at the same time.

Nitrobike: Is 3x faster than a normal bike but cost $1 000 000.

Arami said:

I think for the Multiball idea what would happen is that you catch the Pokemon, and then view their stats, natures etc and only get to keep one.
This would be so trolly if there were somehow two shinies in the same horde. Imagine: You encounter a Horde Battle, and...! Shiny Fletchling! Wait, there's a shiny Pancham as well!
*skip to the part where you catch them in the Horde Ball and decide which one to keep*
OH SNAP.

One way this could be rectified is if there was the option to keep as many of the others as you want in Pokeballs, obviously you need to have the Pokeball(s) in your inventory at the time. This way, say you get 2 rare Pokemon you want to use in the same Horde, it prevents sucky situations like the one I posted above happening.

more ideas::
-10 different balls, each representing a Dex color. (Red, green, blue, yellow, purple, pink, brown, black, grey, white) These would all get x2 on Pokemon of their respective color.
-Infliction Ball, 3x if the opponent has a special condition
some Fairy items:
-Fairy Dust, boosts Fairy type attacks by 20%
-Fae Plate, boosts Fairy type moves by 20% and transforms Arceus into a Fairy type
^These 2 seem like no brainers, considering we've got them for every type

-A equippable item that, when held by the first pokemon in the party, acts like an infinite repel, something like: "badass badge", or "champion's medal"
-cookie: heals 50 hp and all status conditions.
-giant cookie: heals 100 hp and all tatu conditions, if used in battle, reduces speed 1 level.
-coffee (since we are in france now): when used in battle, raises speed 2 levels. (replaces X speed)
-ginseng: when used in battle, raises sp. def 2 levels. (replaces X sp.def.)

I have class now, I'll be back later with the rest.

Arami said:

Nitrobike: Is 3x faster than a normal bike but cost $1 000 000.
To add another hoard idea- Genetic Ball: When facing multiple Pokemon, allows you to capture a Pokemon without fainting the rest. (Assuming we still cant target a Pokemon for capture when there are multiples) Automatically selects the "Strongest" target. ---- This would select the Pokemon target with the highest IVs (Hence the Genetic)
P.DelSlayer said:
Arami said:

I think for the Multiball idea what would happen is that you catch the Pokemon, and then view their stats, natures etc and only get to keep one.
This would be so trolly if there were somehow two shinies in the same horde. Imagine: You encounter a Horde Battle, and...! Shiny Fletchling! Wait, there's a shiny Pancham as well!
*skip to the part where you catch them in the Horde Ball and decide which one to keep*
OH SNAP.
Pancham is obviously going to be the first choice :p
One way this could be rectified is if there was the option to keep as many of the others as you want in Pokeballs, obviously you need to have the Pokeball(s) in your inventory at the time. This way, say you get 2 rare Pokemon you want to use in the same Horde, it prevents sucky situations like the one I posted above happening.

more ideas::
-10 different balls, each representing a Dex color. (Red, green, blue, yellow, purple, pink, brown, black, grey, white) These would all get x2 on Pokemon of their respective color.
LOVE THIS IDEA! We need more varied ball colors for capturing Pokemon. Or even being able to have reg Pokeballs available in 10 colors with the ability to choose which color you want for hatched eggs!
-Infliction Ball, 3x if the opponent has a special condition
Could be purple/yellow in color, representing poison/sleep and paralysis
some Fairy items:
-Fairy Dust, boosts Fairy type attacks by 20%
-Fae Plate, boosts Fairy type moves by 20% and transforms Arceus into a Fairy type
^These 2 seem like no brainers, considering we've got them for every type

professorlight said:
-A equippable item that, when held by the first pokemon in the party, acts like an infinite repel, something like: "badass badge", or "champion's medal"
-cookie: heals 50 hp and all status conditions.
-giant cookie: heals 100 hp and all tatu conditions, if used in battle, reduces speed 1 level.
-coffee (since we are in france now): when used in battle, raises speed 2 levels. (replaces X speed)

I have class now, I'll be back later with the rest.

-milk: when used in battle, raises defense 2 levels. (replaces X defense)
-veggies (sounds better than steroids): when used in battle, raises attack 2 levels. (replaces X attack)
-energy bar: when used in battle, raises sp. attack 2 levels. (replaces X special)
-eyedrops: when used in battle, raises accuracy 2 levels. (replaces X accuracy)
-ritalin? (that's the best I've got): when used in battle, raises the crit. hit ratio. (replaces dire hit)
-fruit juice: when used in battle, prevents stats from lowering. (replaces guard spec.)

I always felt that the X items needed a boost, after all, why waste a turn to increase my stats when I can use it to inflict damage, stall or use an attack to do it (better, in most cases)?

ok, here are some items needed now, non-pokeball though.

Magic Plate (turns Arceus into a Fairy-type)
Pink Bow (revived and now used for Fairy-Types rather than Normal-types)
Metal Helmet (raises defenses but lowers speed in horde battles)
Dynamo Belt (raises attack but lowers evasiveness in horde battles)
Wind Vane (boosts speed and evasiveness in Sky Battles)
Sticky Tape (once the enemy makes physical contact with the holder, it cannot switch until the holder faints)

Back