BW/BW2 Why Can't All Gens Be Like Gen 5?

Psyburn- because that's what happened last gen. Flashback to a few years ago.. Diamond and pearl had JUST been released.. It was incredibly recent and GF DID have time to improve. Why wasn't that like gen 5?

Tyrant Tyranitar- Yeah, it is pretty good.

They MUST have had time to think of new stuff, and they did a good job thinking. Generation 5 is just amazing. I didn't see a single pokemon on the list that I didn't like, that I will never like. Except MAYBE that legendary second from the end.

It has everything we needed, with plenty of fighting and ghost types, among plenty of other things...

Not only that, it has cooperative play and more online functions doesn't it? Also fun. =P

I can only hope the mamanbou people are done now, that'd make this generation totally perfect. To me, anyway.

Psyburn- because that's what happened last gen. Flashback to a few years ago.. Diamond and pearl had JUST been released.. It was incredibly recent and GF DID have time to improve. Why wasn't that like gen 5?

Hmm....well...when you put it that way, the pokemon in Gen 4 is trash. Aside from Abomasnow and Garchomp at least.

Still, aside from aesthetics, the hype this gen is massive, and I can't see why tbh. I already lost that enthusiasm with Jaroda's stats >_<

Geeze, people and stats... The point of the game is for everyone to be able to have fun, with the OPTION of extremely competitive play.

You don't HAVE to be extremely competitive about it, you never have. It isn't a horrible game just because stuff has bad stats...

If you really don't like how it turned out, just don't go into the competitive stuff, and try everything ELSE this game is handing out.

Ragequit much Majora? I mean seriously, they weren't flamming eachother among the likes, just saying things casually. Calm down. Anyways, yes asides from a competitive view it does look like a pretty fun game.

I agree with psyburn- stats are really important, and for all us competitive battlers, when we get introduced to a region and all the pokemon in it, we say "Oh, I REALLY REALLY want that pokemon". Psyburn was sorta that way about Jaroda. I was that way about Emonga and Shimama. But now, we find, our favorites are practically unusable! Noo!! We are all sad now. Oh well, we get attached to good pokemon but still.. You wish your favorites could do better.

Exactly. Not only that, but your starter is like an avatar. You and your companion, taking on impossible odds as you both grow stronger. If your starter sucks, you're gonna feel pretty screwwed, like crudwig from Gen 4.

Yeah! Empoleon helped me all throughout DPPT. He was pretty much my only pokemon (other than shiny crobat.)! I liked how he looked and his stats were great too! I'm a bit disapointed that Mijumaru won't be as good as empoleon was but he still will be okay. I'm REALLY hoping I get a shiny to accompany him though :p

Exactly^ If your starter starts out with terrible stats and hits like a fly you're going to feel pretty screwed over

You know, if me being perfectly calm sounds "angry" and "full of rage", I'm not the one who needs to calm down. o_O

I also wasn't aware competitive play was a requirement for fun, I am sorry for insulting that region of thought? I guess?

"Geeze" is usually associated with annoyance. It doesn't help when you capitalize words.

And it isn't just competitive play. There's also Battle Subway which i'm sure will have a bunch of tutor moves and tm's locked away from the department stores and neutered game corners.

Personally they should always start off fresh without any or few links to previous Pokes.

If they do want to make evolutions, though I didn't like Scizor, that was a good design. Most Gen 2 updates, Slowking, Bellossom etc were good design wise actually.

Of course Gen 3 only added 2 babies and you can't really go wrong with that, making things simpler is easier than making things more complicated and that of course was the problem with Gen 4.

Munchlax, Bonsly, even Happiny were fine but when you get to the evolutions...did they really have to evolve Magmar/Electabuzz? Of course none tops the terrible Rhydon with a protector, but look how uninspired they were Aipom with more arms, a big Tangela, a fat Lickitung, giant Magneton etc.

If Mamanbou was related to Luvdisc, that would be a great design, again, if it were, and if GF wants to update their older-mons that's the route they should take, not the make-everything-gigantic look of Gen 4. Gallade was done well, and I guess Probopass even if it is ugly as hell, I personally liked Dusknoir but again, it evolved whilst Banette didn't? Anyway I'm OT now so yeah.

Back