Will CMT Die after Dark Explorers?

I actually use both collector and dual ball and super rod in my list.
Maybe a 2/1 split of Tornadus EX/Tornadus?
you have a point about starting with it, though.

Infinity said:
I actually use both collector and dual ball and super rod in my list.
Maybe a 2/1 split of Tornadus EX/Tornadus?
you have a point about starting with it, though.

ECC winning list didn't play Collector, and I'm pretty sure it didn't play Super Rod. It's like starting with Terrakion, thus the reason I don't play it in MTC.

Am i the only one that thinks dark toolbox will not be incredible as its hyped up to be? How can you draw into so many Dark Patches? They are unsearchable. That same turn you need an energy in the discard, not hard but still its one more thing to get out. Once MTC starts teching multiple terrakions if necessary (Assuming dark toolbox is somehow consistent and good), the matchup will be pretty even. Terrakion OHKO's Darkrai EX, Zoroark, etc.

Nigel said:
We were, but Zekrom/Eels is going to be played. A lot. Therefore, I don't think Tornadus-EX is going to be played in MTC since it's 2 free prizes for Zekrom/Eels. Sure, you could say to not drop the Tornadus in that game. What if you start with Tornadus-EX? MTC doesn't play SSU/Seeker. What if they drop Tornadus because it's the only attacker that is not KO'd or prized? Not all MTC lists play Super Rod. Even then, it could be the only attacker they would drop since MTC plays Dual Ball instead of Collector.

You said that Zoroark OHKOs Tornadus. Infinity said you would play Tornadus EX instead of Tornadus. So you reply with Zekrom? Zekrom isn't in Zoroark, and that is what we were talking about. But if we are talking about ZekEels now, like you said, you wouldn't lay down Tornadus EX in that matchup, but even if you started with it, you should be able to grab two prizes with it before it is KO'd.

edit: Also, Revive or Super Rod is a staple in almost all decks.

I have still pulled off T1's with a Tornadus start.
FYI, the ECC was before states.
The meta has changed.

alexmf2 said:
You said that Zoroark OHKOs Tornadus. Infinity said you would play Tornadus EX instead of Tornadus. So you reply with Zekrom? Zekrom isn't in Zoroark, and that is what we were talking about. But if we are talking about ZekEels now, like you said, you wouldn't lay down Tornadus EX in that matchup, but even if you started with it, you should be able to grab two prizes with it before it is KO'd.

I didn't say it was in Zoroark. I was stating how Zekrom/Eels kills Tornadus-EX, making it unplayable. What if you start with Tornadus (which is likely, from my testing) against Zek/Eels? You just autolose.

Why in the world would you exchange Tornadus for its EX form? Tornadus is faster, and though weaker, doesn't have the EX rule. Just play pluspowers and maybe 1-2 Tornadus EX, but don't abuse Tornadus EX.

alexmf2 said:
but even if you started with it, you should be able to grab two prizes with it before it is KO'd.

Nowhere even near an autoloss if you start with it. It should be an even prize trade.

You said,
"Zoroark with Darkness Patch can OHKO Tornadus.
I said
"We're talking about the EX.
You said:
Zekrom BW can OHKO Tornadus EX.

Nothing to do with Dark Toolbox.

???

RogueChomp said:
Why in the world would you exchange Tornadus for its EX form? Tornadus is faster, and though weaker, doesn't have the EX rule. Just play pluspowers and maybe 1-2 Tornadus EX, but don't abuse Tornadus EX.

^^^ and 1 Tornadus-EX at maximum.

alexmf2 said:
Nowhere even near an autoloss if you start with it. It should be an even prize trade.

It gets T2 KO'd by Thundurus with PlusPower if you're playing Zekrom/Eels.

Nigel said:

Not with an Eviolite. If you get a Pluspower, I get an Eviolite :3. But even if you do get the turn 2, if MTC went first it would still be an even prize trade.

I would go 2-1 Tornadus EX/Tornadus, 1-1, or 1-0. The only point of regular Tornadus would be to KO an Eel or something in the middle of the game if they have an attacker already set up that can OHKO Tornadus EX.

Nigel said:
^^^ and 1 Tornadus-EX at maximum.

You can make up for it with cheap prizes with Tyrogue.

alexmf2 said:
Not with an Eviolite. If you get a Pluspower, I get an Eviolite :3. But even if you do get the turn 2, if MTC went first it would still be an even prize trade.

I would go 2-1 Tornadus EX/Tornadus, 1-1, or 1-0. The only point of regular Tornadus would be to KO an Eel or something in the middle of the game if they have an attacker already set up that can OHKO Tornadus EX.

Where do you keep getting the idea that attackers in MTC will ALWAYS have an Eviolite attached? It's extremely unlikely, and it still gets 2-shotted with an eviolite attached. Heck, most MTC lists play 2 Eviolite at MAXIMUM.

Infinity said:
You can make up for it with cheap prizes with Tyrogue.

MTC lists usually don't run Tyrogue. Tyrogue is for donking low HP basics such as Tynamo, which Mewtwo-EX does better.

alexmf2 said:
If you get a Pluspower, I get an Eviolite :3

Most deck lists in this format play 2-3 PlusPower. The exception to this is Trainer Lock and very few Zekrom/Eels lists, which play none.

Nigel said:
Most deck lists in this format play 2-3 PlusPower. The exception to this is Trainer Lock and very few Zekrom/Eels lists, which play none.

And most MTC play 2-3 Eviolite, which was my point. There is the same percentage to get 1 of them, so in an even situation, if one side gets it, the other should as well.

alexmf2 said:
And most MTC play 2-3 Eviolite, which was my point. There is the same percentage to get 1 of them, so in an even situation, if one side gets it, the other should as well.

Nonono. MTC plays 2 Eviolite at maximum. I know from experience that more than that ruins your consistency. Also, You can Junk Arm for a PlusPower that you just played.

Back