Will sp pokemon take over?

Will sp pokemon take over?

• Total voters
Dark Espeon said:
So what are Flygon's chances to dish out the turn one 40 damage you mentioned in your original post?

Getting more of them out and fueled within the same time is a set up advantage in my book. If Flygon Lv.X dominates Pokémon [SP] combined with Mewtwo Lv.X why is it not doing better in Japan or in European countries using the Japanese cards? According to your own logic it should do much better.
80+% with the type of speed engine I'm using.

And it should. It boggles the mind why it isn't. Then again, most people are still playing 9+ supporters for Stage Two decks which hardly helps in this place.

Dark Espeon said:
My argument was that Pokémon [SP] decks using Dialga G Lv.X can still scratch your Mewtwo Lv.X since they do not have much troubles to recover it from the discard.

I never claimed that Hippowdon is better than Pokémon [SP] deck. I merely claimed that it is better than Flygon/Mewtwo. That is all I said from the start.
And it is very evident that a scratch is all they can do. Oh very well, you hit my Mewtwo, let's send Flygon back out and get another free prize.

And you haven't proven your claim. Hippowdon is pointless in matchups against SP decks. My previous post already addressed that, in which you somehow ignored.

Dark Espeon said:
If this logic would be correct please explain why stage one decks did that well and why Pokémon [SP] decks are on their raise trampling a lot of stage two decks on their way. According to your logic at least Flygon should be the top deck in metagames that have this card at their disposal. According to the best of my knowledge this is not the case.
I came back into Pokemon TCG at the end of the EX Era. Not one Stage One deck was dominating ever since I was here besides the formidable Magmortar at last season's Worlds. Would you care to list some excellent Stage One decks in the metagame at this time? And don't you dare say Hippowdon, because you've still haven't proven it's worth against SP decks. SP decks have the major advantage of versatility and excellent trainer cards to back them up, but I have yet to see a trainer card that'll save them from Flygon/Mewtwo.

Flygon/Mewtwo should be in the metagame on tier one. Since this is not the case, I will make it so when BET is released.

Zyflair said:
Dark Espeon said:
So what are Flygon's chances to dish out the turn one 40 damage you mentioned in your original post?

Getting more of them out and fueled within the same time is a set up advantage in my book. If Flygon Lv.X dominates Pokémon [SP] combined with Mewtwo Lv.X why is it not doing better in Japan or in European countries using the Japanese cards? According to your own logic it should do much better.
80+% with the type of speed engine I'm using.

And it should. It boggles the mind why it isn't. Then again, most people are still playing 9+ supporters for Stage Two decks which hardly helps in this place.

My Hippowdon uses 8 supporters in total and a lot of the classic ball engine trainers for a similar reason. If we assume that the trainer line is similar Hippowdon would have the same odds like Flygon to hit for 40 turn one.

Zyflair said:
Dark Espeon said:
My argument was that Pokémon [SP] decks using Dialga G Lv.X can still scratch your Mewtwo Lv.X since they do not have much troubles to recover it from the discard.

I never claimed that Hippowdon is better than Pokémon [SP] deck. I merely claimed that it is better than Flygon/Mewtwo. That is all I said from the start.
And it is very evident that a scratch is all they can do. Oh very well, you hit my Mewtwo, let's send Flygon back out and get another free prize.

Not a scratch. I am talking about a ohko on Mewtwo with swift psychic Pokémon [SP] able to dish out 60 for one to two energies.Seems you love to ignore that or my englisch is horrible (I am not a native speaker after all).

Zyflair said:
And you haven't proven your claim. Hippowdon is pointless in matchups against SP decks. My previous post already addressed that, in which you somehow ignored.

80 damage and a 10 damage spread to the entire bench of Pokémon [SP] decks is not bad at all. It should score you a ko with the 30 to 40 damage from the first attack and weakens the bench. Not many Pokémon [SP] are above HP 100 without being a level up. Hippowdon's body places one damage counters on all opposing level up cards too ;).

Zyflair said:
Dark Espeon said:
If this logic would be correct please explain why stage one decks did that well and why Pokémon [SP] decks are on their raise trampling a lot of stage two decks on their way. According to your logic at least Flygon should be the top deck in metagames that have this card at their disposal. According to the best of my knowledge this is not the case.
I came back into Pokemon TCG at the end of the EX Era. Not one Stage One deck was dominating ever since I was here besides the formidable Magmortar at last season's Worlds. Would you care to list some excellent Stage One decks in the metagame at this time? And don't you dare say Hippowdon, because you've still haven't proven it's worth against SP decks. SP decks have the major advantage of versatility and excellent trainer cards to back them up, but I have yet to see a trainer card that'll save them from Flygon/Mewtwo.

Flygon/Mewtwo should be in the metagame on tier one. Since this is not the case, I will make it so when BET is released.

The metagame at the moment seems to be spawned with Pokémon [SP] and it was the ghosts before that. However Leafeon and Magmortar also did rather well before Dusknoir and Kindgra were released.

The logic that your argument is right even though the data do not support it is strange. Flygon and Mewtwo was tried here and it did not work that well. If you can get it to work, more power to you. I would still bet on Pokémon [SP] decks based on their versatility that you acknowledged.

Dark Espeon said:
My Hippowdon uses 8 supporters in total and a lot of the classic ball engine trainers for a similar reason. If we assume that the trainer line is similar Hippowdon would have the same odds like Flygon to hit for 40 turn one.
You play Rare Candy/BTS?

Dark Espeon said:
Not a scratch. I am talking about a ohko on Mewtwo with swift psychic Pokémon [SP] able to dish out 60 for one to two energies.Seems you love to ignore that or my englisch is horrible (I am not a native speaker after all).
Let's think over that. Toxicroak is capable of such a thing... and not one other Psychic SP Pokemon is capable of 60 damage. In fact the ones that are close to doing such a thing are LV.Xs, Flygon's prey..

Dark Espeon said:
80 damage and a 10 damage spread to the entire bench of Pokémon [SP] decks is not bad at all. It should score you a ko with the 30 to 40 damage from the first attack and weakens the bench. Not many Pokémon [SP] are above HP 100 without being a level up. Hippowdon's body places one damage counters on all opposing level up cards too ;).
Why don't I just run the Slugs then? It does 80 damage, spreads for 10, and has healing capabilities!

Dark Espeon said:
The logic that your argument is right even though the data do not support it is strange. Flygon and Mewtwo was tried here and it did not work that well. If you can get it to work, more power to you. I would still bet on Pokémon [SP] decks based on their versatility that you acknowledged.
I'll gladly let you know how it goes, just remember to ask later on.

Hi Zyflair,

Although we are getting off topic it is nice to discuss and exchange ideas.

Comment 1: I use BTS in a Hippowdon deck not no rare candies. So the odds to do 40 damage T1 should be similar.

Comment 2: Gallade E4 and it does not need to be leveled up before it is able to knock out Mewtwo. Once DPt3 is released there will also be Dusknoir FB.

Comment 3: The Slugs do not fuel themselves like Hippowdon does.

Comment 4: Will be sure to do so. Would be interested to see the deck or test it with you to explore the potential weakness of some of my decks. Always nice to know how far an idea or theme can take you and where the street ends.

1. Indeed. Still, 40>30, so I'm going to leave it at that.
2. Let me show you the spoilers:

Gallade 4 LV.59 - Psychic - HP80
Basic Pokemon (SP)

[P][C] Chop Up: 20 damage. This attack also does 10 damage to each of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon that already has any damage counters on it.
[P][C][C] Feint: 50 damage. Ignore Resistance on the Defending Pokemon when doing damage.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

Where can it do 60 damage?
3. That's why.
4. Alright. I'm dropping this topic. I'll debate some more over the PMs if you want.

Back