XY Will we be getting new evolutions?

I wish that Farfetch'd would get an evolution. Heck, a pre-evo would do it some justice. It's one, if not the only, of the Gen I pokemon who have yet to get an evolution, not counting Ditto and legendaries.

Metalizard said:
Bolt the Cat said:
Also, the Palpitoad line is closer to Quagsire than it is to Poliwhirl. Just saying.

What? The Palpitoad line is like the Gen V version of the Poliwag line (minus Politoed), hence why I suggested Palpitoad could get a split evo. The first of both families are tadpoles and both families are based on the life cycle of toads...

Wooper and Quagsire are salamanders...

>Wooper
>salamander
>not an axolotl

SquirtleSquirtle said:
unpatient....

I don't think I need to say anything.

We got the starters, the legendaries, the look of the characters, the setting, one of the largest new features (3-D), the platform it's on, the names of the legendaries, AND the types of the starters.

That's including what information we got from the video, but yeah, whatever. :3

Also: i would rather have better new pokemon than evos of old pokemon.

Cinesra said:
Metalizard said:
What? The Palpitoad line is like the Gen V version of the Poliwag line (minus Politoed), hence why I suggested Palpitoad could get a split evo. The first of both families are tadpoles and both families are based on the life cycle of toads...

Wooper and Quagsire are salamanders...

>Wooper
>salamander
>not an axolotl

Yes, only Quagsire is a salamander. Wooper is the that other thing, I've already read about it, I just didn't care about being specific about that. The main point still stands...

Spammy said:
SquirtleSquirtle said:
unpatient....

I don't think I need to say anything.

We got the starters, the legendaries, the look of the characters, the setting, one of the largest new features (3-D), the platform it's on, the names of the legendaries, AND the types of the starters.

That's including what information we got from the video, but yeah, whatever. :3

Also: i would rather have better new pokemon than evos of old pokemon.

This, but I'd at least like to know Xerneas and Yveltal's types at this point. They can take all the time they need after that.

>Wooper
>salamander
>not an axolotl

Yes, only Quagsire is a salamander. Wooper is the that other thing

Actually guys an axolotl is still a salamander. It's a salamander that just normally remains in the larval stage, but almost all salamanders start out that way, with the fluffy external gills and paddle-tails. Even the Japanese Giant Salamander, probably Quagsire's basis, has those larvae, though they lose their gills very early in development :)

I'd personally like a few pre-evos to link some of the scarily similar Pokemon together. Like Tarous and Bouffalaunt, and Luvdisc and the-Gen.5-one-that-looks-the-same-but-I-forget-it's-name. I'd also really, REALLY like evolutions to some useless Pokemon, like Farfetch'd, Delibird, and most importantly, Dunsparce.

Robot said:
I'd also really, REALLY like evolutions to some useless Pokemon, like Farfetch'd, Delibird, and most importantly, Dunsparce.

They are not useless, they just require a lot of skill (and sometimes a little luck) to use. Not every Pokémon needs to come packed with a BST of 500 or something, so that you can easily use them without any proper skill.

I'd say enough with Eeveelutions, we have too many if anything :p

Dunsparce doesn't need to evolve, the whole point of it is being a Tsuchinoko, a tiny fat hard-to-catch snake in Japanese folklore. It's also reasonably useful already in battle. If it did evolve, I hope it retains the pudgy Tsuchinoko design; or maybe evolves into a Nozuchi, that's another weird, legendary Japanese snake with a fat, wormlike form, and a huge gaping cave-like mouth. The two monsters are often associated already.

Bogleech said:

Dunsparce doesn't need to evolve, the whole point of it is being a Tsuchinoko, a tiny fat hard-to-catch snake in Japanese folklore. It's also reasonably useful already in battle. If it did evolve, I hope it retains the pudgy Tsuchinoko design; or maybe evolves into a Nozuchi, that's another weird, legendary Japanese snake with a fat, wormlike form, and a huge gaping cave-like mouth. The two monsters are often associated already.

We had too many after gen 1 but that didn't stop them, so I'm sure they won't stop, and I've always been interested what the dragon one would look like along with bug and rock.

Bogleech said:

Play competitively and you will change your mind about Dunsparce. There are just too many Pokemon that outclass it in any tier.

Not only do I no longer care about the competitive metagame, I resent it :p

I only play games at all to have fun, while that environment is dominated by math-crunchers aggressively fixated on winning as hard as they can at all costs. I wouldn't even mind that I lose 80% of the time if they were generally mature and polite about it, but instead they LAWL and WTF at me just for using pokemon I like rather than pokemon with the bigger numbers attached to them.

Of course, that's kind of the attitude that ruins....all competitive play. For all gaming.

I guess I just have no competitive spirit at all.

Bogleech said:
Not only do I no longer care about the competitive metagame, I resent it :p

I only play games at all to have fun, while that environment is dominated by math-crunchers aggressively fixated on winning as hard as they can at all costs. I wouldn't even mind that I lose 80% of the time if they were generally mature and polite about it, but instead they LAWL and WTF at me just for using pokemon I like rather than pokemon with the bigger numbers attached to them.

Of course, that's kind of the attitude that ruins....all competitive play. For all gaming.

I guess I just have no competitive spirit at all.

It's ok....I don't play competitively either, and I understand what you mean (it's not too hard an everyone does PO now anyway where you don't have to train anything). But even I think dunsparce is completely useless, thus why he is my favorite.

Yeah, every pokemon doesn't have to be a good battler to be cool...I love the Unown, it's cute how Magcargo can help eggs hatch even if its weaknesses make it a terrible fighter, and a lot of my favorites are unevolved. Some are there for the sheer fun of finding and collecting them, or helping breed and locate still others.

King Arceus said:
Bogleech said:

Play competitively and you will change your mind about Dunsparce. There are just too many Pokemon that outclass it in any tier.

Honestly, that doesn't make any sense. There are weak pokemon. There are strong pokemon. Not every pokemon need to be "uber", it's called balance.

Aquapulse said:
King Arceus said:

Honestly, that doesn't make any sense. There are weak pokemon. There are strong pokemon. Not every pokemon need to be "uber", it's called balance.

But when we see that pokemon that utterly has no use (stantler, dunsparce, illumise, volbeat, minun, plusle) we hope for them to actually be useful. I hope for all those poor pokemon :/

Back