XY Will we be getting new evolutions?

Bogleech said:
Also, people should keep in mind that if you don't like a new evolution, you could just use the old one with an eviolite attached - assuming they keep the eviolite around, which they darn well better because it's one of my favorite things to happen in the series in forever. I wish there were a whole lot MORE buffs for unevolved pokemon; maybe ways to bring them up to their evolved form's stats, even, just with a lot of extra effort.

Lol....tank with a gible....

I would be fine with an arcanine evo but they better not mess up one of my favorite poke 0-0

I think it would be great to see a version of the Eviolite but for Attack/Special Attack and even one for Speed but that's getting off topic.

I'm expecting the majority of the evolutions to be for Gen V pokemon.

Also, what if there were joint evolutions? Like a pokemon that two seperate pokemon could both evolve into? For example, a Crab-Lobster type of pokemon that both Kingler and Crawdaunte could evolve into.

They could use it for Gen V pokemon that seem to be related to pokemon from other generations like Luvdisc and Almomola.

And on another note, I think GF should focus on using the current methods of evolution, namely the different stones. The Dawn Stone only applies to what, 2 or 3 pokemon?

^2... But I think that's because the Dawn Stone is used to evolve a pokémon into another that has a fixed gender (Snorunt -> Froslass and Kirlia -> Gallade). Also, something that annoys me is that everytime they introduce an evolution to an older pokémon, they introduce new items and stones or different evolution methods. They NEVER use an item that already exists when a pokémon gains an evolution in a later gen. An example: Couldn't they just make Eevee evolve into Leafeon through the use of a Leaf Stone? They came up with the Moss rock so it remains consistent with the older gens (if eevee evolved into leafeon with a leaf stone, someone would ask: why wasn't Leafeon known earlier, then? it's obvious the answer is because it didn't exist at the time, but the conditions necessary for it to happen did, so they instead made the moss rock to explain that). Still, pokémon that evolve when they learn a specific move like Piloswine or Lickitung counter this because if their evolutions existed at the time, they could evolve into them in gen 2. So why bother with new items and methods?

Uhhhhgggg the moss rock and the icy rock were the most pointless things I've ever seen in the series. That and trade evolving (what I you don't have any one to trade with? Your stuck with a stupid haunter for the rest of your life ;-;)

And evo of emolga actually would be cool....like a carnivorous squirrel.....or at least something beside a pikachu rip off.

frostwind said:
They could use it for Gen V pokemon that seem to be related to pokemon from other generations like Luvdisc and Almomola.

They're not any more related than say Bouffalant/Tauros, Pachirisu/Emolga, Frillish/Tentacool, etc etc..

But unlike most of these, Luvdisc and Alomomola DONT EVEN HAVE THE SAME EGG-GROUP.

Which means that they were simply never even remotely meant to be related in any way.

Regardless of how similar you might think they look.

frostwind said:
And on another note, I think GF should focus on using the current methods of evolution, namely the different stones. The Dawn Stone only applies to what, 2 or 3 pokemon?

Problem is, they always use new evolution items for old pokemon. So for those stones to get more use, it would have to be new pokemon evolving with them right away.

Another way would be giving something a pre-evolution and give them an alternative evo from the original at the same time, through any method you want.

trade evolving (what I you don't have any one to trade with? Your stuck with a stupid haunter for the rest of your life ;-

Many places have Wi-Fi such as McDonald's and Dennys. You could also actually go to a local league and trade there. It isn't that hard if you just put in a little effort.

catutie said:
Uhhhhgggg the moss rock and the icy rock were the most pointless things I've ever seen in the series. That and trade evolving (what I you don't have any one to trade with? Your stuck with a stupid haunter for the rest of your life ;-;)

And evo of emolga actually would be cool....like a carnivorous squirrel.....or at least something beside a pikachu rip off.

Hey, I happen to like Haunter! It's not like its name is somewhat inside my username!
Speaking of which, I've always had problems with McDonald's Wi-Fi. I couldn't get my Victini (which I'm sure I was the last to get one on the east coast, since I got the card at approx. 11:50 pm the last day).
Haunter should have an alternte evo, maybe evolving into a haunted suit of armor, dropping the horrible poison type and adopting the much better Steel type.

I remember having haunter in pokemon red and thinking it was the coolest thing ever and I had no one to trade with....then my friend showed my his gengar and I was soooooo jealous. I went and got a link cable after that.....and still have it

Ya haunter should evolve into a big like golem suit of armor.... What to call it, ummmm golight, no ummm maybe goluck.....no uhhhh GOLURK that sounds amaz.....ing.....oh....right

GF and the way the reveal pokemon is kind of predictable so I'm sure it will be exactly how you predicted

I like the ideo of a flying eeveelution. First pure flying type, anyone? However, I would be dissapointed if the first pure flying tpe couldnt learn fly because 1. How cool would that be on you team? (F*** you fighting types) 2. And im pretty sure you dont want two flying types on your team for the purpose of flying.
Ninfia (Ninfeon) seems like such an odd name, I google search what that could derive from, and all I found were mexican restraunts and spanish pages about something not for this forum. I mean, they never did a bs word before for eeveelutions. (Jolteon, Jolt; Flareon, Flare; vaporeon, vapor; Espeon, ESP (A kind of psychic ability); Umbreon, Umbra (shadow); Glaceon, glacier; Leafeon, Leaf; Ninfeon, WTF)

Poison types suck, and do try to defend them with moves like sludge, toxic and others, those moves seem more advanced and there arent many good ones early on, If Ninfeon did derive from ninja. Maybe NINja and wtF.

Fighting type would be ok, but we have enough.

It DOES seem pretty fluffy, however. So.. ninfeon, nimbus would make a lot of sense for flying. oh well, we shall see.

(I spent like 7 or 8 minutes writing this post so b the time its posted, watch it be confermed.)

EDIT: I literally checked right after this was posted and the appearance of the pokemon was confirmed. (Triple facepalm.)

Three things about it tho.

1. It could either be a flying or even a NORMAL type at this point, or something completely unexpected. There could actually be a total of 4 eveelutions, i predict, IF it is normal, because this could make way for a 2nd chain of DOUBLE typed eeveelutions, which could do fore the speculated typings of Fire/Water, Water/Grass, and Fire/Grass. Id appreciate that.

2. Ths is a ittle more ADD, but its head bears a stiking resemblance to victinis...

3. The ribons on it remind me of the flying type gym leaders' attirre.. so maybe flying type.

ninfia.jpg

normal_black_white_fuuro.png

WinonaR%26S.png

Zoroark316 said:
I like the ideo of a flying eeveelution. First pure flying type, anyone? However, I would be dissapointed if the first pure flying tpe couldnt learn fly because 1. How cool would that be on you team? (F*** you fighting types) 2. And im pretty sure you dont want two flying types on your team for the purpose of flying.
Ninfia (Ninfeon) seems like such an odd name, I google search what that could derive from, and all I found were mexican restraunts and spanish pages about something not for this forum. I mean, they never did a bs word before for eeveelutions. (Jolteon, Jolt; Flareon, Flare; vaporeon, vapor; Espeon, ESP (A kind of psychic ability); Umbreon, Umbra (shadow); Glaceon, glacier; Leafeon, Leaf; Ninfeon, WTF)

Poison types suck, and do try to defend them with moves like sludge, toxic and others, those moves seem more advanced and there arent many good ones early on, If Ninfeon did derive from ninja. Maybe NINja and wtF.

Fighting type would be ok, but we have enough.

It DOES seem pretty fluffy, however. So.. ninfeon, nimbus would make a lot of sense for flying. oh well, we shall see.

(I spent like 7 or 8 minutes writing this post so b the time its posted, watch it be confermed.)

EDIT: I literally checked right after this was posted and the appearance of the pokemon was confirmed. (Triple facepalm.)

Three things about it tho.

1. It could either be a flying or even a NORMAL type at this point, or something completely unexpected. There could actually be a total of 4 eveelutions, i predict, IF it is normal, because this could make way for a 2nd chain of DOUBLE typed eeveelutions, which could do fore the speculated typings of Fire/Water, Water/Grass, and Fire/Grass. Id appreciate that.

2. Ths is a ittle more ADD, but its head bears a stiking resemblance to victinis...

3. The ribons on it remind me of the flying type gym leaders' attirre.. so maybe flying type.

Tornadus was the first pure Flying. Also its name could derive from Nymph. I don't like it. Its just too plain.

Oh.

DERP.

Nymph is prettly close but isnt nymph of the forest/nature?
I could be wrong though, im not completely sure on that ^

it doesnt look very naturish to me. I agree, it does look plain.
but what would turn boring in to badass would be if it had differnt forms,
and switched between normal type by day, and ghost type by night, and look all cool and such, or
you could have it hold an item such as a dawn stone or duck stone (yes, hold it) or have it have its own item
that serves that purpose, or use the stones on it, to permanently keep it in one form.

I also find it amusing that the arrow from eevee is pointing to ninfias butt.

ninfia.jpg

Hmm... IMO, none of the current Pokémon who can't evolve really need evos. I think it would be more interesting if mon like Palpitoad got a branched evos.

I like ninfia! It has such a great,, urr.. design? HOnestly, I love all the Eeveelutions equally. Except this. WHY! WHY! I think its normal.

Side note: 100 posts? 3,112 views? Why, thank you guys!

I really don't see how its plain though. I mean compared to the other eeveelutions its a bit more complex with the ends of the bows.

Back