Xbox: A New Generation Revealed! Introducing the Xbox One!

Not sure if Quantum Break is a movie or if it's a game. (Yes I know it's a game, the trailer made it out to look like a movie).

Well looks like this conference has locked me into buying the PS4 this holiday season.
Wii U & PS4 for me thank you very much.

The worst part is it still requires an internet connection to play. You don't have to be connected 24/7, but you need to connect to the internet at least once a day for the thing to work. Literally the only reason I'd buy an Xbox1 now is if Bioware says saves from an Xbox 360 version of Dragon Age can only go to an Xbox1, but I don't see how they can when the system isn't backwards compatible.

Well looks like I'm getting a Wii U once the price drops on it, as for the PS4 and Xbox1: meh

Both PS4 and Xbox1 are gonna flat-out require the internet in order to work and the way to play the games is gonna turn off alot of gamers.

Just my 2 cents.

SuperHyperKirliafan89 said:
Well looks like I'm getting a Wii U once the price drops on it, as for the PS4 and Xbox1: meh

Both PS4 and Xbox1 are gonna flat-out require the internet in order to work and the way to play the games is gonna turn off alot of gamers.

Just my 2 cents.

1. The price already dropped on the Wii U. It's $240 at Target now.

2. Where did you hear that the PS4 would require internet to work? I've only heard about this concerning the XBONE.

Jonn said:
The price already dropped on the Wii U. It's $240 at Target now.

That's only at Target and only for the Basic model. I think SuperHyperKirliafan89 is referring to a universal price drop like they did for the 3DS, where the general retail price would be something along the lines of $240/$290 in every store that sells it.

I agree that this should happen.

Jonn said:
SuperHyperKirliafan89 said:

Just my 2 cents.

1. The price already dropped on the Wii U. It's $240 at Target now.

2. Where did you hear that the PS4 would require internet to work? I've only heard about this concerning the XBONE.

Oops my bad you're right its just the Xbox1, just went onto wikpedia and found some info saying it dosen't require the internet to play.

Ok, Xbox Support has just revealed a bunch of details regarding the Xbox One, some that most people should find interesting.

- internet is NOT required to play; obviously you'll need it for online play and updates, but single-player games and pre-installed apps will work fine
- games need to be installed to play; after this, you'll never need the disc again
- pre-owned games will NOT require a fee to re-install; this was a major rumor going around, but it has been shot down
- no backwards compatibility; we know this already
- the controller is fully customizable, with cheap purchasable parts; might be false, can't confirm they said this
- Watch_Dogs will be available for Xbox One; aw yiss
- Call of Duty: Ghosts will be available across all platforms; X360, XOne, PS3, PS4

And more that are irrelevant.

Rusty Sticks said:
Ok, Xbox Support has just revealed a bunch of details regarding the Xbox One, some that most people should find interesting.
- internet is NOT required to play; obviously you'll need it for online play and updates, but single-player games and pre-installed apps will work fine
- games need to be installed to play; after this, you'll never need the disc again
- pre-owned games will NOT require a fee to re-install; this was a major rumor going around, but it has been shot down
- the controller is fully customizable, with cheap purchasable parts; might be false, can't confirm they said this
- Call of Duty: Ghosts will be available across all platforms; X360, XOne, PS3, PS4

Source? If it's twitter, are you sure that's not a parody account?

Jonn said:
Rusty Sticks said:

Source? If it's twitter, are you sure that's not a parody account?

Yea, where'd you hear that? Because everywhere I've been is saying there will be a used games fee, and that the console REQUIRES a one day connection to the internet. At least that's what Kotaku and IGN are still saying.

In other news, hang onto your Xbox 360s/PS3s, folks.

MVfpO7Z.jpg

Rusty Sticks said:
In other news, hang onto your Xbox 360s/PS3s, folks.

Are you going to ignore the fact that you made an outlandish post with seemingly false information and no source? Everyone else is saying the opposite of some of the information you've posted...

I'm still finding that hard to believe. Either Xbox Support are being pansies, or they're being stupid and not projecting the truth themselves.
Also, GTA V will have to beat The Last Of Us. And it's release date is too early for a next-gen version.
But still:
gg Rockstar

Rusty Sticks said:
Jonn said:
Are you sure that's not a parody account? (Or are you pulling my leg?)

It is not a parody account.

I have reason to believe that it is. The current consensus at NeoGAF is that used games require a fee and an internet connection is required once every 24 hours. Their information is always quick and accurate, so if they haven't made a topic about these tweets yet then it's probably not reputable.

Back