Pokemon Your Very First Shiny? What Did You Think, And How Did You React?

Status
Not open for further replies.
MineWizar said:
Ohhh.... I hate replying to this for one reason and one reason only... the game tricked me.

I didn't know anything about the Pokemon Deerling, and I always saw pink Deerling everywhere. But when I found a green one, I hyped up and caught it! I even nicknamed it "Shiny Deer"! But then I kept seeing green Deerlings all around!!! It was extremely lucky to find lots of shinies like that but I figured out it wasn't what I thought it was. I really never found a Shiny, but I wanted to share that..

Hahaha, I actually have a shiny Deerling. :p But I understand your pain. I also thought I found a crap ton of shinies because of the season system. Then I realized the system. xD

I was like: WAT. UNFAIR. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU *insert Rageface here*

The first shiny that I could remember encountering was a Paras in Fire Red?
I unfortunately deleted the save file to start another journey and wasn't able to send it to another game...

Pineapple X said:
MineWizar said:
Ohhh.... I hate replying to this for one reason and one reason only... the game tricked me.

I didn't know anything about the Pokemon Deerling, and I always saw pink Deerling everywhere. But when I found a green one, I hyped up and caught it! I even nicknamed it "Shiny Deer"! But then I kept seeing green Deerlings all around!!! It was extremely lucky to find lots of shinies like that but I figured out it wasn't what I thought it was. I really never found a Shiny, but I wanted to share that..

Hahaha, I actually have a shiny Deerling. :p But I understand your pain. I also thought I found a crap ton of shinies because of the season system. Then I realized the system. xD

I was like: WAT. UNFAIR. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU *insert Rageface here*

Shellos and Hippopotas send their regards.

My very first shiny was a Masuda Method Eevee. I had hatched around 500 eggs before getting it. It was random too, because I got bored and decided to film myself, and 3 eggs later into the first film it hatched. I basically just said "oh my God" a million times...it shocked me...

I believe in the Silver Version, I ran into a Shiny Hoho(Hoothoot) in either the Ubame Forest(Ilex Forest) or Route 34 but I can’t quite remember its gender or if I caught it or not lol In the Black Version 2, I ran into a Shiny female Dustdas(Garbodor) I believe in Route 9 and caught it only due to my brothers persuasion however I didn’t use it as I either had my team completed at the time or was already decided.

My first shiny was a Wooper in Platinum Version. I was so surprised when I found it. At first I was actually worried that it would run away or I would run out of balls, since I was in the Great Marsh.

My first shiny was my on Pokemon sapphire. It was a shiny Mudkip. I was doing Soft reset when I finally got it. I didn't think it would work.

A Shiny Geodude.... wait for it... ON A UNSAVEABLE FILE I JUST TEMPORARILY OPENED UP FOR MY LITTLE BROTHER TO PLAY ON!

Ninetales, i reacted by passing out from pure exhaustion because i had been soft resetting for 38 hours STRAIGHT! That was when ruby was out and i still have her... Bella the ninetales i woke up and made sure it was real... And cried tears of joy... After 19748 sr's i finally did it.

Putting aside the Red Gyarados which was obviously my first, let me go into my sad sad shiny encounters

In order I found the VERY few I've found

#1 - Golden Geodude - Emerald
I was all "OMG" when I seen him in the Magma Hideout. Naturally, I caught him. YAY! Saved the game and tomorrow the file had erased itself.... :(

#2 - Shiny Roselia looks dried up and near wilted - Sapphire
I caught her and today she's a very happy shiny Roserade transferred onto my Diamond file

#3 - Shiny Rattata taunts me in game start - Silver
It's always boring in the beginning of a game when you're doing the tasks in which you are unable to catch Pokeballs, simply because the stores don't sell balls yet and people won't give you any. It's when you run into a shiny during this period that you yell profanities at the game.

#4 - Misdreavus - HG
Heck yes I caught her and she's still with me <3. Mismagius and all. Couldn't be happier

ok i got like 4 or 5 shiny zubat when i was a noob at the game on my firered on different files since i kept restarting then on rse dont know which i was training a taillow to evolve it and knocked a shin out continued training and caught the second shiny taillow lol ( unfortunately accidentally traded for shiny stunfisk on black h8 that pokeman) also now my gba games dont pump out shinies so i still dont have a shiny zubat

It was Pearl and I found a Buizel. I was like "what the?" (I had played Gold/Silver but I had quit Pokemon after that and came back a month before emerald came out as I burrowed Sapphire and his Game Boy Advanced until I got Emerald and a Game Boy SP) Anyway, I had found a Geodude after awhile, then while raising up some random Pokemon on Black, I found a Patrat. Oh and got a shiny Piplup on a random chance in Platinum.

I did hatch a few shinies. Like Piplup, Eevee (Now a Glaceon named after my best friend, aka, Ghost King) and a Petilli. (After taking out the Japanese Ditto too~)

And I hope to get more shinies through hatching like Shinx, Feebas and more~

My first shiny was a Shinx that I found next to Jubilife City after buying my daily lottery ticket. Needless to say, I had better luck with the Shinx than the ticket :) It now happily resides as an 80-something Luxray on my White 2.

My second shiny was an Azurill I found at Flocessy Ranch while EV training my Volcarona. I caught it, and I'm saving it for XY so I can use it for a fairy type.

Third was a Masuda Methoded Timburr, which I now need to trade to someone to evolve it...

And fourth was the Togepi I received from Mr. Pokemon in HeartGold.

I remember that my sister found a shiny Graveler and a Magmar in the safari zone of HeartGold (I play SoulSilver). She also found a shiny Patrat and Audino in Pokemon White Version 2 (I collect the Zekrom series and my twin collects the Reshiram series). I actually reacted more! We also have many shiny Legendary Pokemon which we caught on the Action Replay (if this counts). On my Pokemon Pearl (which I unfortunately lost) I had a Shiny Arceus, Shiny Palkia, Shiny Shaymin, a normal Empoleon, CHatot and Luxray.

it was gyarados, but not the one from the lake, i cought one when i was searching for feebas in pearl...well the thuth is i killed it cuz i never cared bout shinys. shiny magicarp is awsm though!

it was either a slugma or a poocheyena and I turned my game off because I thought there was a glitch in my game that colors were being fucked up

I had no idea what a shiny was

I can't remember my first shiny. Although I know that my first ever "caught" shiny came from Pokemon Diamond. I was very excited!
I have only ever found shiny Pokemon in Diamond. (Excluding the shiny Pokemon you pretty much get given in other versions)

I remember my friends first shiny Pokemon being a Ponyta in Pokemon Pearl because it had a blue flame and looked so awesome! :D

I remember my first shiny very clearly... It was a Tentacool that I found on Floe Island in FireRed. All I knew was that it was different than a regular one, and I had no knowledge of what a shiny was. In the end I caught it, but I no longer have it. I'm not really sure what happened to it although I wouldn't be surprised if I deleted the game before I managed to migrate it.

My brothers and I have found about two or three more over the years, but I still wish I could find another just so I could relive the excitement that comes through you when you land your eyes on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back