Yveltal EX / Darkrai EX

RE: Darkrai EX / Sableye / Hypnotoxic Laser / Virbank City Gym

Someone at Oklahoma States played Ninetails in his Darkrai/Lasers deck and went undefeated in Swiss. It doesn't just have to be for Klinklang. It sets up really nice playes for Darkrai, plus it's a Catcher.

I'm probably going to test it if any of you want in on helping with it LMK.

Anyways, I really like the idea, it allows for a better Hammertime Matchup (even though they enhanced hammer everything) it gives you a way to catcher without using catcher.

I am (of course) testing it out myself, it is pretty good since those I play believes that I only use it for extra Catchers but when I drop the Blend, they realise what is happening :D

I have to stick with it being a good tech, not at all a must, but worth considering at least. With laser and Ninetails you have a 50% chance of KO'ing a darkrai with 30 damage on it, instead taking the risk using Night Spear and hope for them not to have a Max Potion or another way to avoid being Ko'ed.

I will post it later when I come home, it will be in an hour or so.

Here is my current list, it was a quickly builded deck since I wanted to see what was needed and what wasn't.

11 Pokemon:
3 Sableye
3 Darkrai EX
2-2 Ninetales
1 Keldeo EX

38 Trainers:
4 Juniper
3 N
2 Skyla
3 Bianca
2 Random Reciever
4 Ultra Ball
3 Dark Patch
2 Dark Claw
4 Laser
2 Virbank
3 Catcher
3 Energy Switch
1 Tool Scrapper
1 Computer Search
1 Max Potion

11 energy:
8 Dark
3 Blend Energy GRPD

I want to add a Super Rod, but what to remove?

And other Suggestions are welcome ofc.

Baby_BI said:
Here is my current list, it was a quickly builded deck since I wanted to see what was needed and what wasn't.

11 Pokemon:
3 Sableye
3 Darkrai EX
2-2 Ninetales
1 Keldeo EX

38 Trainers:
4 Juniper
3 N
2 Skyla
3 Bianca
2 Random Reciever
4 Ultra Ball
3 Dark Patch
2 Dark Claw
4 Laser
2 Virbank
3 Catcher
3 Energy Switch
1 Tool Scrapper
1 Computer Search
1 Max Potion

11 energy:
8 Dark
3 Blend Energy GRPD

I want to add a Super Rod, but what to remove?

And other Suggestions are welcome ofc.

Take out the 2 RR, as they interfere with Skyla, and take out 1 Bianca for another N. Add a Dark Patch and a Skyla or a Colress in place of the 2 RR. (can't tell which is needed more)

Bianca over N in late game and sometimes early, so I will keep the Bianca. The 2 RR are more like a personal thing so I will remove those for the Dark Patch and an N instead.

I really like Ninetales. On a good day you can bring up a ex, get the sleep and they stay asleep. If its a mirror you can bring up Keldeo and it will be likely they wont get out of it. You take out a Keldeo effortlessly (but luckily) and you bring up Darkrai to night spear, win, then go out and have a field day.

Also I like using basic fire and energy search so I can get it whenever I need it and I can energy switch it.

I didn't like Ninetales, it slowed to deck down a lot. I think Bouff makes a better attacker anyways, hitting EX's for 120.

I have my first states day after tomorrow (so nervous and excited!). I'm running this deck and hoping for the best. Unfortunately I'll need to do some last minute trading tomorrow during some side events. Will this list put up well you think?

Pokemon:
3x Sableye
4x Darkrai EX
1x Keldeo EX

Trainer:
4x Professor Juniper
4x N
2x Bianca
1x Bicycle
1x Random receiver
3x Ultra Ball
4x Pokemon Catcher (Proabably won't be able to fill up all 4 spots, any ideas for fillers?)
4x Dark Patch
4x Poison Hypnotic Beam
2x Potion
3x Dark Claw
2x Virbank City Gym
3x Energy Switch
1x Tool Scrapper
2x Level Ball
1x Computer Search

Energy:
11 dark energy

My idea's for fillers on catcher is rescue scarf. It allows you to get back Keldeo so your not only getting 1 rush in against a mirror. Good luck at states though.

@ryter78
No need at all for the 2 Level Ball. I know you want to get Sableye turn 1, but Level Ball is not worth it. Ultra Ball is good enough

Fillers: Another Ultra Ball, another Virbank, another Energy Switch, another Dark Energy (or Energy Search), or more Random Receiver.

If you're going to be not playing a card as good as Catcher as a four-of, you might as well make it super consistent. On the other hand, you could play Ninetales and still have Catcher in the form of the Ability.

dmaster out.

I reaaally like Ninetales, but I am not sure. Is it really worth taking out the consistency of the deck for it?

Well, we might be seeing way more plasmaklangs these days, so id say it worths it totally, since you just catch them out AND oneshot them, which is rediciulous. But with the new set coming out Keldeo/Blastoise decks gonna have even more support so we'll see how this will develop.

PlasmaKlang is not that much of a bad matchup, and adding Ninetales/Vulpix takes away consistency and slots

Well, always pulling them out with catchers and lasering them can get even trickier, as time progresses and tbh you got so many free slots in a laser deck that it doesn't really matter.

Back