TCG Fakes Reggie McGigas's Image-Based Fake Cards: Wailmer and Wailord

In order to make things organized I will be posting cards from Sands of Justice here.

1. Bulbasaur
2. Ivysaur
3. Gamma Venasaur
4. Sceptile EX

5. Skorupi
6. Maractus
7. Karrablast
8. Shelmet
9. Theta Accelgor
10. Charmander
11. Charmeleon
12. Theta Charizard
13. Torkal
14. Volcarna -EX
15. Theta Reshiram

16. Squirtle
17. Wartortle
18. Theta Blastoise
19. Relicanth
20. Regice
21. Amura
22. Aurorus
23. Pikachu
24. Raichu

25. Elekid
26. Electabuzz
27. Gamma Electrivire
28. Joltik
29. Galvantua
30. Gamma Zekrom
31. Abra
32. Kadabra
33. Alakazam

34. Gamma Unown
35. Litwick
36. Lampent
37. Chandelure
38. Darmanitan-EX
39. Rhydon
40. Rhyhorn
41. Rhyperior
42. Trapinch
43. Regirock-EX
44. Roggenrola

45. Boldore
46. Gigalith
47. Terrakion-EX
48. Tyrunt
49. Tyrantrum
50. Houndoom-EX
51. M-Houndoom-EX
52. Cacena
53. Gamma Cacturne
54. Drapion
55. Hoopa
56. Beldum
57. Metang
58. Metagross
59. Registeel

60. Klink
61. Klang
62. Gamma Klinklang
63. Theta Escavilier
64. Vibrava
65. Flygon
66. Dialga
67. Palkia
68. Giratina
69. Giratina-EX

70. Iggybuff
71. Jigglypuff
72. Wigglytuff
73. Carbink
74. Diancie
75. Pidgeot-EX
76. M-Pidgeot-EX
77. Skarmory
78. Boufulant
79. Rufflet
80. Braviary
81. Jaw Fossil
82. Sail Fossil
83. Desert Temple
84. Ancient Ruins
85. Steven Stone
86. Adler
87. Colress
88. Final Smash

Prerelease Promo: Steven Stone
Promo: Theta Aurorus
Promo: M-Sceptile EX
Promo: Claydol EX

8015946_orig.png

9279031_orig.png

2670936_orig.png

2447260_orig.png
1773500_orig.png

3546855_orig.png

3631107_orig.png
6397694_orig.png

2150614_orig.png

5504287_orig.png

5205328_orig.png

458445_orig.png

8288750_orig.png

6895678_orig.png

3412260_orig.png

772805_orig.png

8641367_orig.png

2871979_orig.png
5647965_orig.png

1932016_orig.png

2224449_orig.png

8684207_orig.png

1581276_orig.png

8744193_orig.png

1397370_orig.png

7679340_orig.png

8129570_orig.png

2488056_orig.png

2580128_orig.png
777757_orig.png

2838761_orig.png

8616351_orig.png

9432536_orig.png
3384385_orig.png

Last edited:
Oooooh, nice! I especially love the awesome rainbow border on that Pidgeot. :D The plain yellow borders of the English-language cards has always been a boring eyesore to me. >_> It just stands out so much while not being interesting. I think that's part of why I love the HGSS sets so much.

I love the Abra flavor text.

On other notes, I've been trying very hard to come up with an alternate way of wording Higher Sentience, and here's the best I could come up with:

{C} Higher Sentience - 20
You may choose either Asleep or Confused. If you do, this attack does no damage. Your opponent's Active Pokémon is now affected by that Special Condition.

I'm still not sure about that, however.

I'd also recommend removing the part of the background that appears past the corners of the blank. Easiest way to do this is selecting only that layer and using a Lasso tool (not sure what the GIMP equivalent is) to cut it out. You can cut over the yellow border, too, because you're not cutting the blank layer.

Additionally, I think I remember reading one of Asche's posts a while back that said that the name of an Ability is always 9 pixels away from the right edge of the Ability icon. In my own experience (correct me if I'm wrong), the text for an Ability/attack should generally be about 5 pixels from the bottom of the icon.

Sorry if this sounds too critical; it's not meant to be. Your fakes are great. I love the effects on all your EX cards, especially the lightning on Regirock.

Thanks for the criticism! Unfortunately, Asche uses photoshop while I use gimp, so his referring to pixels confuses me as I don't go by pixels with gimp, I just eyeball it really.

Oh, sorry. I'm not familiar with GIMP, but is there really no alternative to the Move Tool (which would let you use click-drag for eyeballing, but arrow keys for pixel-by-pixel)? It seems like a pretty basic tool.

On Regirock EX, should the the Sands of Justice effect text read "This attack does 30 more damage for each damage counter on this Pokemon."? (Like Aggron EX, etc.). If that's not what the attack is supposed to be, should it be "This attack does 30 damage times the number of damage counters on this Pokemon."? (or something like that). Cool card!

Duuude that zapdos full art you did is the beezzzneez!! Polish that thing out and send it into ptcg company lol

I'd love to see the Aurorus from the set, if that's what you meant by requests. I think Aurorus is kind of overshadowed by Tyrantrum in terms of usefulness, because the "defensive" fossil has two 4x weaknesses. I think giving it an Ancient Trait - or your twist on it - could be really cool, and not just because I want to see a model for Aurorus.

Also, the Zekrom card appears in place of where the model should be in the spoiler.

Great cards!

Zekrom's got some issues. There's the attack bit, of course; shouldn't the attack and ability be spaced a bit evenly? And then it seems like some of your fire texture for the background of the art is bleeding into the background texture of the card. I also can't help but feel that the plain text of the info box over the extended artwork looks really off. If you look at all of the previous card types that have artwork extending beyond the borders like that (EX & Lv. X primarily since they're closest to the look you're going for), they all have a smaller bar without info in that bottom section. They also avoid having artwork that would interfere with the Pokémon's name, so you wouldn't have weirdness like how Zekrom is kind of cut off by that wing. I think that, if you want to keep the blank with the info box exactly as-is, you're better off finding a way to include the artwork so that it doesn't break those particular boundaries. Reshiram does this much better, no issues with either info box or name, and as a result, it looks a lot more natural.

The art is meant to bleed into the blank- you can also see that with Reshiram

Added the Zekrom model- my bad

I think Zekrom's pose is fine- I can just delete the part that's overlapping the info box (I might just delete the info text off on future cards). I don't see a problem with the name being cut off by the wing- What's behind the wing that looks like a Z? Is it an elephant? A taco? Boy you've got me. It's a slight clipping of the first letter, not a censor bar.

It's not a matter of it being legible or not, it's just inconsistent with existing cards is all. No matter how crazy artwork gets, the name is left unblocked. Obviously it's your card and you can take my advice or not, but it's just a suggestion to make the card look more legitimate, like with the info box :)

That Good Arts!
Excellent work!!!

I'm Trying of create fan cards too, and I looking some good Software for that. What software do you use for make that beautiful cards ?

Back