TCG Fakes Reggie McGigas's Image-Based Fake Cards: Wailmer and Wailord

@Athena I took your suggestions and they make the cards look a lot better! Thanks!

2061986_orig.png

675475_orig.png

3914416_orig.png

Trivially, there is Toxicroak G, Bibarel SF and Wormadan Sandy Cloak SW that have an ability like that, except it effects them self.

Trivially, there is Toxicroak G, Bibarel SF and Wormadan Sandy Cloak SW that have an ability like that, except it effects them self.

Hmm...that's interesting! I didn't know about that before.

Aurorus is next along with a promo Ancient Trait Aurorus that took me forever to get a good pose that didn't cover the name/hp.

That model of Aurorus is... weird. I dont know what it is though :p

Crystal Breaker is OP. Gold Breaker did 50+50. A mega version should do something like 70+70 // 80+80, but not 50+ 250 O.O

It's also on a Stage 1 Pokémon that evolves from a Restored Pokémon, which is notoriously hard to get into play. It's perhaps a little much, but I don't think it's as bad as a Stage 1 that, for 1 Special Energy, a Tool, and a Stadium, can do 100 and switch into something that will wall for a turn.

Crystal Breaker is the answer to M Sceptile, M Rayquaza, M Gengar, and all other op megas.
Those Megas are not as OP as you make out, and making 1-hit KOs is never the answer. If they did make cards like this, the power creep would be ginormous, and everyone would be carried away with damage.

It's also on a Stage 1 Pokémon that evolves from a Restored Pokémon, which is notoriously hard to get into play. It's perhaps a little much, but I don't think it's as bad as a Stage 1 that, for 1 Special Energy, a Tool, and a Stadium, can do 100 and switch into something that will wall for a turn.

I don't really feel this justifies. Since when do you see an attack that can do 250 damage on a Stage 1 without things like insane coin flip luck? It is just something that is not believable in this current format.

Yeah it's a stage 1 but it's also a fossil Pokemon. Everyone was worried about Cradilidy PLB being a good deck, and it never happened. Why? It was a fossil Pokemon.

It's 250 damage to MEGAS ONLY and the attack cost is [W][W][C]. I don't plan on reprinting Blastoise in my set so setting up a Stage 1 Fossil Pokemon with [W][W][C] is kind of a waste when you can get an EX out and OHKO the Amura before it can even evolve if you're lucky enough to get it out.

Cradilidy isn't a good deck for two other reasons - lack of energy acceleration and lack of Stage 2s that would actually be useful, particularly as they typically had large energy costs. Cradilidy is actually a relatively easy fossil to get out.

My point is the unnecessary power creep (or power compared to surrounding cards), not the playability. To me it wouldn't matter - I would jump up and down if it was 5 [W] energy or 1 [C] energy. Its the extreme power in the format, not the playability, the makes something overpowered. Note how broken is different to overpowered ;)

It's really not that bad. We had Haxorus in a Plasma Set that could OHKO only Plasma Pokemon (which didn't see play because it took forever to play), so I'm seeing Aurorus as the Haxorus for Megas.

I shuffled around the set list. Sceptile EX is now in, Volcarana EX is now a grass type, Darmanitan EX is now a psychic type, and Claydol EX has been regulated to a promo. Here is probably my best card yet, Sceptile EX.

2447260_orig.png

Additionally, here is a full art version.

1773500_orig.png

I now have a thread for my renders! It's called Reggie's Renders and is in Smeargle's section :)

The next two cards will be legendary Pokemon from the set!​

I actually do think Asurorus is a bit too over the top... [W][W][C] isn't that much of an issue to pull off, really, that's for 1. Secondly, the fact that it's a fossil doesn't really matter, beacause it can be pulled off by Archie which you all seem to forget about, thank you.

I actually do think Asurorus is a bit too over the top... [W][W][C] isn't that much of an issue to pull off, really, that's for 1. Secondly, the fact that it's a fossil doesn't really matter, beacause it can be pulled off by Archie which you all seem to forget about, thank you.

Well, Haxorus PLB has the same effect for Team Plasma Pokemon, and it has an easier attack cost (only 2 instead of 3). If Haxorus is easier to attack with but never gets played, then why Aurorus?

I'm done talking about Aurorus. If you don't like it, then pretend it's banned or something. I don't know. It's a throwaway attack for a stock rare.

firstly, requesting Pichu.

Second, some feedback on the cards!

Regice's first attack is interesting, but what happens if
a) You nullify their only remaining Benched Pokémon?
b) you nullify all their benched Pokémon before proceeding to KO their active?
Also, you forgot to put a type in for Weakness on Regice.

Dialga's ability is very overpowered. Crushing hammer does the same thing, but discards 1 less energy! If this ability was on a stage 2, I could see it being fair, but as a basic, it's broken.

I feel like I'm ruining the moment, but cards don't work that way. Palkia's ability is really iffy. What about Arcanine? what about Unown? It's revered as a legendary at points. With a wording change to a certain type, or a specific card, [Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, ETC] this card could be very good.

Also, Pokémon with a great ability don't need to have a useless attack. Look at Gardevoir SW.

Arcanine and Unown are officially not legendaries.

I was considering changing Dialga's text to "flip 2 coins. If both are heads..." I will change that later, right now I'm super stressed out with stuff and making cards is my "escape".

Last edited:
Arcanine and Unown are officially not legendaries.
There is no official list by Pokemon or by PTCG that defines all of the legendary Pokemon. That is the point. Basically, the attack is a rules nightmare. Especially once you consider things like Legend cards; do they count or not? What about Victini? It's counted technically as a mythical Pokemon but is regarded legendary by most people. Other people would consider Arcanine and Unown legendary because that is part of their Pokemon name-type! PCL would need to make a list of every single card that counted as legendary, which would be a hassle, and is exactly why abilities and attacks just aren't like that.

Back