Finished Werewolf XXVII: Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Celever about Chaos Jackal.
I would say Jeremy's post makes him kind of suspicious to me but idk. I'm too newbe to make an early decision :p

I agree with Celever about Chaos Jackal.
I would say Jeremy's post makes him kind of suspicious to me but idk. I'm too newbe to make an early decision :p
Posting at night usually is allowed if it's to clear up minor details like deadlines or even point out funny mistakes in the lynch flavour. Again, I don't really see anything wrong with it.

I guess we all just need to remember to not post at night at all e_e.

Posting at night usually is allowed if it's to clear up minor details like deadlines or even point out funny mistakes in the lynch flavour. Again, I don't really see anything wrong with it.

I guess we all just need to remember to not post at night at all e_e.

I was referring more to the fact that he posted that instead of sending PMJ a PM. I don't know if I'm being logical here, it's more like a feeling.

I was referring more to the fact that he posted that instead of sending PMJ a PM. I don't know if I'm being logical here, it's more like a feeling.
Well, in the future we should probably send PMJ a VM if he messes up the deadline again, but I think it's a lot more logical to just make a post and it's what we usually do here, so it doesn't ring any alarm bells for me at all really.

A post would bring the attention of it to everyone. As opposed to just PMJ. If he made a stealth edit of the post after a PM people who think, "Ok, August 5th" would miss start of day. Where as people who think, "Ok, Tuesday" would be back on time.

Alright, that makes sense. That was the reason I didn't vote. I wasn't sure about it at all. :]

I based my belief that it's the indie at work on the fact that, since days never end without a lynch, two lynches extend a day. Of course, one could argue that it makes things finish faster, and that is indeed a correct way to think about it. I'm not gonna stand by any of the two options, since they're merely speculations. Mostly I wanted to point out whatever may have been revealed in the update.

Huh, funny how all this talk is mostly from the wrong date in the update. >.>

CJ has a valid standpoint. Celever, I highly doubt the timer rises by 1, it must be a pattern and some higher numbers, since example roles had quite high numbers to be reached within just a point per update. What we really need to be careful with is triggering our actions if they rise the timer. Unless we can get good info, we'll need to time those usages carefully and avoid a time where we all rise the timer to X (limit number) and we lose at once. Dx

Since we don't have any real leads, let's go:

##VOTE: Celever, mostly because I haven't seen TC's update. :v

Huh, funny how all this talk is mostly from the wrong date in the update. >.>

CJ has a valid standpoint. Celever, I highly doubt the timer rises by 1, it must be a pattern and some higher numbers, since example roles had quite high numbers to be reached within just a point per update. What we really need to be careful with is triggering our actions if they rise the timer. Unless we can get good info, we'll need to time those usages carefully and avoid a time where we all rise the timer to X (limit number) and we lose at once. Dx

Since we don't have any real leads, let's go:

##VOTE: Celever, mostly because I haven't seen TC's update. :v
I said I thought that the timer would rise by at least 1 every cycle. It rose by 0 last cycle, so that why I drew the conclusions I did. Now that he's explained it a little more his standpoint does make sense, though.

So when I get the update done you'll unvote me? Because I'll get on that now >____>

I based my belief that it's the indie at work on the fact that, since days never end without a lynch, two lynches extend a day. Of course, one could argue that it makes things finish faster, and that is indeed a correct way to think about it. I'm not gonna stand by any of the two options, since they're merely speculations. Mostly I wanted to point out whatever may have been revealed in the update.
It seems to me that you seem to know a lot about the addition of an extra lynch. Maybe there is something you would like to share with everyone?

He didn't say anything which isn't already public knowledge, actually.
All I am saying is that Chaos Jackal continues to "speculate" on what the indie is going to do. I am interested on why he/she keeps bringing that up.

All I am saying is that Chaos Jackal continues to "speculate" on what the indie is going to do. I am interested on why he/she keeps bringing that up.
Using the knowledge we have available to us to form theories and speculate is actually a pretty big part of the game. Generally all of the players we want to lynch are only scummy based on theories and speculation from the information we've got and how they act throughout the course of the game. Chaos Jackal's posts thus far are doing a good job at generating discussion and are actually deriving some interesting viewpoints about the flavour which I didn't think of at all.

Using the knowledge we have available to us to form theories and speculate is actually a pretty big part of the game. Generally all of the players we want to lynch are only scummy based on theories and speculation from the information we've got and how they act throughout the course of the game. Chaos Jackal's posts thus far are doing a good job at generating discussion and are actually deriving some interesting viewpoints about the flavour which I didn't think of at all.
And by making us all think about different perspectives, players are being more cautious when expressing their opinions. This theretofore means that getting one lynch will be hard, never mind two. It seems to me that there may be more to this than just making a statement. This seems like just the perfect stall the indie might appreciate. Unless that can be proved otherwise, my vote is going to stay the way it is.

Generating discussion isn't stalling. Not generating is. And as I stated before, I don't wish to press that matter any further right now, since everything is mere speculation. But as long as we have a few things presented to us in the update, there's no reason for us to not address them, even a little.

To clarify a couple things.

First, I know I did not post the deadline of when night zero ended. I ended up posting it later. Even if the date is wrong, even if you have no idea when night ends, it is still night and you do not post during night. This is just common sense. If you have a question, just PM me. I will be more than happy to answer any questions you have. If it's something that concerns the game state or all players, I will make a post about it. If you all "watch" this thread like you should be doing already, you will be notified whenever I post during night.

Second, if you read the OP, you would know that nights typically last 48 hours.

And finally, Night 0 is a freebie of sorts. Pandora's Box timer was unaffected. It didn't start going up until the start of day one. This is the only information you will get.

As you were.

What I can see here is a lot of abilities being used during Night 0.
  1. Twelve votes to lynch. That's not the majority... Someone's gone and decreased the vote weight.
  2. Two players to lynch. Probably another ability, but it seems powerful; might be a one-off.
  3. "Someone's dreams have become a reality!" could also be in the update via use of an ability.
We should figure out the roles that each of these suspected abilities might respond to. There could be scum behind any of them.

Oh ok, thanks for clarifying, @PMJ. It looks like an ability wasn't used to prevent the timer for Pandora's Box increasing, but hopefully if the ability is in the game (which I think is pretty likely) it's just getting saved until a day where the timer might increase more.
  1. Twelve votes to lynch. That's not the majority... Someone's gone and decreased the vote weight.
  2. Two players to lynch. Probably another ability, but it seems powerful; might be a one-off.
  3. "Someone's dreams have become a reality!" could also be in the update via use of an ability.
We should figure out the roles that each of these suspected abilities might respond to. There could be scum behind any of them.
1) Oh, that was a very good observation there. I didn't actually notice that little detail....
Actually I just checked back. There's 23 players in this game, so 12 is the majority. 23 - 12 is 11, so yeah, 12 is the logical majority. It doesn't mean that there aren't roles that mess with vote weight in play, though. Usually majority doesn't change to accommodate mayors and the like anyway.
2) Yeah, I think it's probably a one-off use of an ability too. Day 1 wasn't a bad time to use it, though, has to be said.
3) The "Someone's dreams have become reality!" is interesting. It seems to me like it could be something of a lover role... their dreams of love have come true?

I agree. I think that there is potential for the indie to be one of them. As far as I know he is the only one who would benefit from some of these changes. By the way, only 23 people are playing, so twelve is the majority.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back