Finished Mafia XXXVI: Werewolves of the Interspectaculars ~ Game Over! Congratulations, Interspectaculars!

Status
Not open for further replies.
##UNVOTE:
For some reason Frosstoise subbing out so early doesnt sit well in my stomach.. I
##VOTE: Reinforce

I went back to the player list to see if anyone hadn't been on yet and got sidetracked, but I think everyone has at least voted once.

##vote: Ninja Penguin
I guess, but it can't be proved or disproved that you got sidetracked... so idk.

Because it's RVS? Honestly it's too early in the game for me to have an actual reason to vote outside of RVS and OMGUS-RVS

Outside of RVS there's not much to vote for outside of me for jumping around votes aimlessly, SS for being "panicky", and PMJ if you think his case wasn't just.

I'm just having fun until we get a good lead.
I find this an interesting response to Jabberwock. It's calm, but it neglects to comment on the strange pattern Jabberwock pointed out. I'm going to ##UNVOTE for now...
Also, while not an indication of alignment, further "RVS" votes should have a reason behind them after the first wave of RVS.

##UNVOTE:
##VOTE: SQUIRTLE SQUAD
If this vote was placed because SS is counting the votes on him, I would think that is characteristic for SS.

That is.. very dumbtelling imo. I think it is quite obvious that NP voted you because you were bandwagoning after lots of RVS votes on the same person, and yeah, most games features double vote roles, so it is very clear where he came from.
Why is it obvious? That vote was never very clear to me. ...Perhaps you're scum and its clear to you because you would already know that NP is town [assuming NP is actually town]? In addition, why are you calling out PMJ for dumbtelling, when quaking did a similar thing and you didn't comment on it?

The fact that you see the logic behind NP's vote on PMJ, but you still agree with PMJ's point (even if you say we should wait with that) is scummy for me.
And then, you amended this section of your post with some doubt. Between that flippiness and finding the above "very clear", you're now my top scum read. ##VOTE: Scattered

##UNVOTE:
For some reason Frosstoise subbing out so early doesnt sit well in my stomach.. I
Please figure out the "some reason" for this not sitting well with you, and then explain that reason.

Why is it obvious? That vote was never very clear to me. ...Perhaps you're scum and its clear to you because you would already know that NP is town [assuming NP is actually town]? In addition, why are you calling out PMJ for dumbtelling, when quaking did a similar thing and you didn't comment on it?

idk, to me, it is obvious that NP was referring to the fact that PMJ voted after lots of RVS votes, and when he said that there could be double votes risking the town with an RVS lynch, I said to myself " yeah, he's got a point". When I saw PMJ questions NP for how did he know about double votes, it did not make sense for me. Why would you ask such a weird question? And then voting for NP for that? That looks like a scummy dumbtell. I did not notice the Quaking's dumbtell, but it is minor, considering he was under no pressure.

And then, you amended this section of your post with some doubt. Between that flippiness and finding the above "very clear", you're now my top scum read. ##VOTE: Scattered

Doubt? I am not doubting my point on PMJ. I just said that SS might be a better option for a lynch since he might have been caught with a really scummy lie.

Please figure out the "some reason" for this not sitting well with you, and then explain that reason.

For the moment that some reason have something to do with the timing of the subbing out. Still early but he already given up on that role. It just how I felt atm.

##UNVOTE:

Frosstoise isn't subbing out. NinjaPenguin was, and he's the one I replaced.

But if this isn't confusion or a mistake and you actually are referring to Frosstoise, how does your vote on me relate to him then, because that seems to be what you meant based on the order of your sentences.

Having read up on the Squirtle Squad situation, my opinion is that he's town basing on his replies of having the smug and sarcastic characteristic of his town meta. If I use that thought as a base, that means his voters/bandwagoners are suspect, and it's plausible that there's at least one or two scum there that played it up as a quick wagon under the guise of RVS. So, the order of voters can be looked into in here, including how they voted (I'll get to that in a minute): bbninjas, Camo, Skyleaf, King X, Frosstoise, PMJ.

We can count the first two players out for now, since they're not a bandwagon at that point (that doesn't mean they can't be scum, but it's too vague to call for now). So let's take the last four. Now, what I'm talking about earlier on how they vote will come to play here. The bandwagon votes usually come into two types: a post that simply contains the unvote/vote, and a vote with a sentence or paragraph included, often 'explaining' the vote. So what's the difference/deciding factor? Well, this is just an observation and far from being a reliable pattern, but scum tend to 'justify' their votes, even RVS ones, since they don't want to be discovered or called out bandwagoning, creating a mindset of "every vote needs to have a reason" and thus become overly cautious and justifying. From the list above, King X and PMJ fall into the first category, and while PMJ gets suspect points for being the last bandwagoner, I reckon he's too experienced to add a vote to bandwagon carelessly. So my suspects on the wagon would be Skyleaf and Frosstoise. Then, from the timing and the implication from the post, it's ##SUSPECT: Skyleaf2000 who was quick to leap into the series of votes (to the point of forgetting the unvote) and possibly a scum act of trying to prod it into a wagon with a 'justified' vote.

Frosstoise isn't subbing out. NinjaPenguin was, and he's the one I replaced.

But if this isn't confusion or a mistake and you actually are referring to Frosstoise, how does your vote on me relate to him then, because that seems to be what you meant based on the order of your sentences.

Eh, never mind this, since I seem to be the one who got mixed up (that's what I get for reading and posting in between watching episodes). My suspicion on Skyleaf stays though.

Well looks like the game is getting to a good start
##unvote: Ninja Penguin/Keeper of Night

I think RF's point on Skyleaf is quite valid. Seeing your opinions on Frosstoise would've been interesting too considering the mix up. I'll hold off on my vote for now, but I'll be keeping my suspicions on Skyleaf.

Well that didn't take long. Imma read a bit before anything else, but is there anything major going on that somebody would be kind enough to give me a tl;dr on?

##NOHRIANSCUM: NinjaPenguin

Lynch all Liars go go go
Here, KX votes NinjaPenguin after NinjaPenguin votes him. This isn't precisely an unusual occurrence during RVS, except for what comes later.

##Unvote: NinjaPenguin
##Bandwagon: Squirtle Squad

This is, I believe, the first time this game more than one vote has been on a given player. KX was awfully quick to add his vote, as well. Given how quickly SS was lynched last game, perhaps he is simply reaching for the easy lynch?

Tbh if SS got lynched like this I'd probably die of laughter

##unvote: Squirtle Squad
##HOWDAREYOU: Jabberwock
Now he tries to backpedal off the SS wagon, after I voted him for it. Instead, he votes me. The "safe vote" for you seems to be whoever voted you last, doesn't it, KX?

Not necessarily since you would've been lynched by horrible luck instead of bb's band of scum pushing a lynch.

##unvote: Jabberwock
You unvote now that my vote is off you. It does, however, seem rather unusual not to vote again.

Post #79 I can't quote, because it's comprised itself of only two quotes. The gist of it is that in reply to simsands finding KX and Frosstoise more guilty of bandwagoning than PMJ, KX simply quotes his previous post; this one:
##Unvote: NinjaPenguin
##Bandwagon: Squirtle Squad
This post is very strange, IMO. Why do you respond to an accusation of bandwagoning with the very post in which you bandwagoned? Yes, you've shown that you're aware you're bandwagoning, but that doesn't make you any less scum.
I went back to the player list to see if anyone hadn't been on yet and got sidetracked, but I think everyone has at least voted once.

##vote: Ninja Penguin
IE hasn't even posted yet. Wdym, sidetracked?

I then called you out for your very random vote on NP. You responded with this:
Because it's RVS? Honestly it's too early in the game for me to have an actual reason to vote outside of RVS and OMGUS-RVS

Outside of RVS there's not much to vote for outside of me for jumping around votes aimlessly, SS for being "panicky", and PMJ if you think his case wasn't just.

I'm just having fun until we get a good lead.
You note that it's RVS, and it's too early for you to have a reason to vote. You then offer up two potential leads––SS and PMJ––in addition to yourself (glad you recognize that you're a lead...?). Seems to be a contradiction in there somewhere.
Well looks like the game is getting to a good start
##unvote: Ninja Penguin/Keeper of Night

I think RF's point on Skyleaf is quite valid. Seeing your opinions on Frosstoise would've been interesting too considering the mix up. I'll hold off on my vote for now, but I'll be keeping my suspicions on Skyleaf.
Ahh, continuing to go after the easy lynches, I see. (In this case, due to Sky being a new player.) Also a slight buddying with RF, for future reference. Not sure why you didn't vote for Sky if you're suspicious of her, though.

• [*]Bandwagoning on easy lynches
    [*]OMGUS'ing (minor point; occurred during RVS)
    [*]Backpedalling
    [*]Randomly unvoting and not revoting elsewhere

[*]Contradiction

From mobile, so anywhere it says "NinjaPenguin", treat it as Keeper of Night.

Day 1 Vote Count

King Xerneas: 2 (NinjaPenguin, scattered mind, Jabberwock, bbninjas, Jabberwock)
Reinforce: 1 (PMJ, Skyleaf2000, GM Draclord)
NinjaPenguin: 0 (simsands, King Xerneas, Jabberwock, Luispipe8, quakingpunch73, King Xerneas)
double o squirtle: 0 (quakingpunch73)
Skyleaf2000: 1 (double o squirtle, Reinforce)
Jabberwock: 0 (NinjaPenguin, King Xerneas)
bbninjas: 0 (Squirtle Squad, NinjaPenguin, GM Draclord)
Squirtle Squad: 4 (bbninjas, Camoclone, Skyleaf2000, King Xerneas, Reinforce, PMJ, Camoclone, Luispipe8)
Ice Espeon: 0 (quakingpunch73)
Luispipe8: 0 (Jabberwock)
PMJ: 0 (Jabberwock, bbninjas, NinjaPenguin)
quakingpunch73: 0 (Camoclone)
scattered mind: 1 (bbnnjas)

Majority is 9 to lynch. Day 1 ends on 8/3/2016 at noon PST, or 46 hours from now.

Some things might be incorrect. I'll be out, so I won't be able to confirm or deny errors until after I get back.

Last edited:
This is, I believe, the first time this game more than one vote has been on a given player. KX was awfully quick to add his vote, as well. Given how quickly SS was lynched last game, perhaps he is simply reaching for the easy lynch?

No, but when KX voted for Ninja Penguin at the beginning of the game, NP had 2 votes, so it only adds on to your point.

Now he tries to backpedal off the SS wagon, after I voted him for it. Instead, he votes me. The "safe vote" for you seems to be whoever voted you last, doesn't it, KX?

NP, did something similar earlier, but in this case he didn't unvote, but it still triggered some alarm bells, and I'm curious why no one brought it up earlier.
##J'accuse:King Xerneas
for admitting to us he is scum.
##VOTE: NinjaPenguin

What, in your scum chat?
##NOHRIANSCUM: NinjaPenguin

Lynch all Liars go go go
##UNVOTE: King Xerneas
##TROUTSLAP: Jabberwock

for reusing puns

I knew SS wouldn't be lynched since I'm doubtful THAT many votes would pile on, plus I was like the third or fourth to vote on him, no harm done there, and if things would've gone more severe, I would unvote right away.

How was I backpedaling? Like let's be real, if SS accidentally got RVS lynched it would be unfortunately funny. Plus just look at all my votes, aside from SS they were OMGUS. I also unvoted because even more votes piled on so I backed off to make sure he wasn't lynched.

You unvote now that my vote is off you. It does, however, seem rather unusual not to vote again.
This was just an error in how I posted, I went to go look at the front page but I didn't want to lose what I typed so I intended to make a double post.

This post is very strange, IMO. Why do you respond to an accusation of bandwagoning with the very post in which you bandwagoned? Yes, you've shown that you're aware you're bandwagoning, but that doesn't make you any less scum.
Yah I bandwagoned, but I don't really vote randomly, so I thought I'd jump on the SS RVS wagon for a good laugh.

IE hasn't even posted yet. Wdym, sidetracked?
Yah but someone already voted for him so I felt he was taken care of. And by sidetracked I mean I got a forum notification and went to respond it when I was reading through the votes.

I then called you out for your very random vote on NP.
Shame on me for not voting randomly, but also shame on me because I finally voted randomly? This is literally the same argument bb tried to make last game because I wasn't playing optimally to your standards.

You note that it's RVS, and it's too early for you to have a reason to vote. You then offer up two potential leads––SS and PMJ––in addition to yourself (glad you recognize that you're a lead...?). Seems to be a contradiction in there somewhere.
You missed the entire point of the post. If you read it carefully you would notice I said that I have no reason to vote, not you, not anyone else, just me. I didn't think SS was panicky, and I also didn't think PMJ's post was unjust. Where's the contradiction?

Ahh, continuing to go after the easy lynches, I see. (In this case, due to Sky being a new player.) Also a slight buddying with RF, for future reference. Not sure why you didn't vote for Sky if you're suspicious of her, though.
Did I go after Skyleaf though? I said RF's point was valid, and that I'll basically be keeping an eye on Sky. Suspicion is no grounds for me to actually vote, especially at this stage where Sky hasn't even said much. Plus if you've looked at how I play I don't vote until I have a more than good reason to believe someone is scum, it's been my playstyle, yes it's not optimal, but it's how I work.

idk, to me, it is obvious that NP was referring to the fact that PMJ voted after lots of RVS votes, and when he said that there could be double votes risking the town with an RVS lynch, I said to myself " yeah, he's got a point". When I saw PMJ questions NP for how did he know about double votes, it did not make sense for me. Why would you ask such a weird question? And then voting for NP for that? That looks like a scummy dumbtell. I did not notice the Quaking's dumbtell, but it is minor, considering he was under no pressure.
NP's post was worded questionably/confusingly, and I thought it meant what PMJ picked up on.

Doubt? I am not doubting my point on PMJ. I just said that SS might be a better option for a lynch since he might have been caught with a really scummy lie.
Ack, I misread! Sorry... >.>
The NP stuff isn't enough evidence on its own, so ##UNVOTE.

Meanwhile, I'm curious to see @Skyleaf2000's response to Reinforce and how this King X case goes.

NinjaPenguin: 0 (simsands, King Xerneas, Jabberwock, Luispipe8, quakingpunch73, King Xerneas)
bbninjas: 1 (Squirtle Squad, NinjaPenguin, GM Draclord)
Squirtle Squad: 5 (bbninjas, Camoclone, Skyleaf2000, King Xerneas, Reinforce, PMJ, Camoclone, Luispipe8)
PMJ: 0 (Jabberwock, bbninjas, NinjaPenguin)

Are these correct?

--

Between Skyleaf and KX's votes, I'm more interested in the stuff Reinforce pointed out, right now.

##UNVOTE: NinjaPenguin/Keeper of Night
##VOTE: Skyleaf2000

That vote count would suggest so much vote alterations... Mind you I'm thinking a lot of them are errors...

Of everything suggested day 1 the skyleaf stuff is probably the most convincing to me atm, I'm really not sold on the KX stuff..

NP taking 2 weeks of absence is interesting, as well as frosstoise's early subbing... Both could have potentially scummy meanings but this is purely wifom...

Nothing from @Ice Espeon yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back