“Pokemon TCG Pocket” New Cards, Crown Rares, Gameplay, Mechanics, and Soft Launch Date!

Well if Sun & Moon era had Detective Pikachu and Sword & Shield era had Pokemon GO, I'm gonna go on a wild whim and say Scarlet & Violet will also have an alternate Pokemon media special set in I Block. The contenders are Sleep, Masters EX and Pocket. Considering we're getting Battle Buddies are whatever, I think it'll be Masters.

I don't understand how a F2P is supposed to ever get a coherent deck without spending money, the monetization is litteraly starving out f2p players which is the lifeblood of any game especially mobile, good luck ever getting a deck that you like because you like the artworks and how they fit together in a theme, also the CPU's are obviously going to use a coherent deck list which is completely inaccessible to any F2P players which will be permanently stuck with a deck of random cards which is nowhere near being coherent in any possible way and as such will be at a severe disadvantage against even the CPU, the game is basically completely unplayable if you're F2P and it's already by far the most predatory monetitazion I've ever seen from any mobile card game period..

In the gacha sphere games with monetization that comes anywhere close to this have to announce EOS in a couple of months at most, if hoyoverse games are supposed to be incredibly Stingy compared to the vast majority of gachas coming out each year (while not completely starving the F2P players out) what are we supposed to call pokemon pocket ?

I wonder if there would be any penalties for people having multiple phones instead of just 1. I have about phones 3 laying around besides my main one and I can just create 1 account on each and then just trade the hits with the main one.

Edit: just read you won't be able to trade at launch but you may be able to trade them later

I wonder if there would be any penalties for people having multiple phones instead of just 1. I have about phones 3 laying around besides my main one and I can just create 1 account on each and then just trade the hits with the main one.

Edit: just read you won't be able to trade at launch but you may be able to trade them later
With everything that they have shown that seems like the kind of thing they would crack Down very hard on

I don't understand how a F2P is supposed to ever get a coherent deck without spending money, the monetization is litteraly starving out f2p players which is the lifeblood of any game especially mobile, good luck ever getting a deck that you like because you like the artworks and how they fit together in a theme, also the CPU's are obviously going to use a coherent deck list which is completely inaccessible to any F2P players which will be permanently stuck with a deck of random cards which is nowhere near being coherent in any possible way and as such will be at a severe disadvantage against even the CPU, the game is basically completely unplayable if you're F2P and it's already by far the most predatory monetitazion I've ever seen from any mobile card game period..

In the gacha sphere games with monetization that comes anywhere close to this have to announce EOS in a couple of months at most, if hoyoverse games are supposed to be incredibly Stingy compared to the vast majority of gachas coming out each year (while not completely starving the F2P players out) what are we supposed to call pokemon pocket ?
I agree with you, but doesn’t the same apply to tcg live too? When you’re first starting, you can’t make the deck you want

The pull rates cannot be correct
if the chance of drawing a specific common is 0.02% than that whould mean that you must pull on average 5000 cards to get that common which whould mean that there whould be more than 5000 different cards which seems impossible
i believe it should be 0.02 or 2%

That subscription cost is hideous.

World of Warcraft is £10 p/month. An massive online game, multiple expansions etc etc.
£10 for a mobile app sub with that minimal stuff is just terrible, should be £5 area and that's pushing it.

I can see many doing it thinking they get loads and later realising oops...

This looks like a capitalist nightmare I really hope they drop this and go back to the regular tcg
that's a joke, right?

Pokemon Duel Links, I got it
duel links didn't dumb down yugioh anywhere near as hard as this dumbs down pokemon tcg. it's not even some of the sorta lame mechanics like energy zone or points instead of prizes that are the real dealbreaker, it's that their idea of "remixing" old card art to make new cards is to just randomly assign old art to attacks and effects infinitely blander than what they're replacing. yugioh duel links didn't take old cards and make those cards boring for no reason. when an existing card, whether it was a decade old or a few months old, appeared in the game it was the genuine article. there wasn't a deliberate removal of mechanical depth, just a power reset and curated card pool with new mechanics added on top of all that.

Last edited:
I agree with you, but doesn’t the same apply to tcg live too? When you’re first starting, you can’t make the deck you want
The thing is that you will eventually get something playable and coherent as F2P which is impossible on pocket with how is monetized, imagine wanting to build a deck that is playable (not what you want but just a playable deck) and you are forced to wait half a year only to realize that you still can't. Pocket is monetized in a way that starves out f2p completely without giving them eventually what they want or something that they can even play with, in TCG live too at some point as f2p you will get the deck you want something impossible in pocket unless you luck out, in live as f2p you will have access to something coherent and playable even if it's not what you like, in pocket you will never have anything coherent or even remotely playable without spending

Last edited:
The thing is that you will eventually get something playable and coherent as F2P which is impossible on pocket with how is monetized, imagine wanting to build a deck that is playable (not what you want but just a playable deck) and you are forced to wait half a year only to realize that you still can't. Pocket is monetized in a way that starves out f2p completely without giving them eventually what they want or something that they can even play with, in TCG live too at some point as f2p you will get the deck you want something impossible in pocket unless you luck out, in live as f2p you will have access to something coherent and playable even if it's not what you like, in pocket you will never have anything coherent or even remotely playable without spending
You’re able to open 2 packs a day, and you can convert dupes into dust and craft other cards from dust. If there are no overpowered ultra rares (like tcg) you can craft those for your deck. AFAIU there will be always be rare variants of ultra super rare cards. I don’t see how this would be more p2w than current tcg.

Heartstone is very different, legendaries are very expensive to craft so imo its p2w. What I can read from this post, pocket will be better in terms of f2p.

You’re able to open 2 packs a day, and you can convert dupes into dust and craft other cards from dust. If there are no overpowered ultra rares (like tcg) you can craft those for your deck. AFAIU there will be always be rare variants of ultra super rare cards. I don’t see how this would be more p2w than current tcg.

Heartstone is very different, legendaries are very expensive to craft so imo its p2w. What I can read from this post, pocket will be better in terms of f2p.
as far as i can see the dust can only be used for cosmetic decals for your cards

Last edited:
Back