Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Welcome to Generation 9!
All regular cards from Japan’s Scarlet ex and Violet ex sets have just been revealed! The sets feature a total of 156 cards (before secret rares). Both sets will release in Japan on Friday, January 20th.

sv1s_pillow-200x200.jpg

sv1v_pillow-200x200.jpg

All of the set’s secret rares will be revealed by next week — be sure to check back! We are expecting over 50 of them. (Gardevoir ex’s Special Art Rare is #101/78 in Scarlet ex, so it’s the 23rd secret rare.) Art Rares and Special Art Rares will return in this set; they were first introduced in VSTAR Universe.

card3-card-13-143x200.png

#83 Ralts (Illustrator Rare)...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Asrialys

Aspiring Trainer
So did Kanako Eo just stop drawing for Pokemon after the full art Lady? I don't think she's credited for working on the Scarlet and Violet video games either... :/

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
Unusual that there are so many instances of multiple basic Pokémon in the core set. We're used to that in the international language editions of the game, typically as a result of different sets and/or preconstructed decks being combined into single large sets, but it's not the standard for the main edition of the game.

So did Kanako Eo just stop drawing for Pokemon after the full art Lady? I don't think she's credited for working on the Scarlet and Violet video games either... :/
Yes, it seems like it.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Cacnea/Cacturne - srsly, when was the time this ability is useful? none. 2/2
Skiddo/Gogoat - Gen 9, still bad. 1/1
Smoliv/Dolliv/Arboliva - dreams crushed. Hope it'll got ex'd so that at least the card has some niche. This is new, 2 basics per evo line. This is like in the Block B era. Nice. 2,3/2/3
Heracross - meh. 2
Scatterbug/Spewpa/Vivillon - good abilities on pre-evos, bad Vivillon. I still need Ocean Vivi in GO. 3/3/1
 Tarountula/Spidops ex - Emphasize the bold for the correct spelling. Spidops seems kinda nice. Leafeon VMAX but 2 of its key components slapped into one card. 2,3/4
Capsakid/Scovillain - nah. 2/3

Last edited:

ComradeLex

Aspiring Trainer
Enough time has passed. Scarlet and Violet is the best era of the TCG so far.

But no seriously, this is a very strong start. I haven’t been this excited about collecting Commons and Uncommons since the original ex era. New mons like Mabostiff, Maushold, Cyclizar and Houndstone make me like them even more than they’re in game models. Here’s hoping the English reverse holos look nice

TheRainmaker

I like Expanded
Ayyyy that Armarogue is a type-swapped Wash Out Quagsire from Dragon Majesty!
Now where's Naganadel....
It pairs extremely well with Magma Basin. Not only would you no longer have to worry about whether your attacker is in the active or bench anymore, but your attacker also wouldn't have to come in already damaged either since you can just accelerate to something else and then move the energy (unless you want it to be damaged like with Charizard VStar or Radiant Heatran).

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
It pairs extremely well with Magma Basin. Not only would you no longer have to worry about whether your attacker is in the active or bench anymore, but your attacker also wouldn't have to come in already damaged either since you can just accelerate to something else and then move the energy (unless you want it to be damaged like with Charizard VStar or Radiant Heatran).
Yup, the only downside is the stadium is once per turn and is easily bumped by the other player. I'm waiting for a consistent way to ramp, then I will confidently play Armarogue in standard.
My other idea is to use Arceus VStar to ramp into a backup V, then Fire Alarm into an ex.