(1) ‘CoroCoro’ Cover Reveals Silhouetted Pokemon, More Leaks Soon [2/11]

I've been trying to figure out why they don't want to show types. It doesn't seem too important, and the only Pokemon with types revealed are the starters. Yveltal and Xerneas haven't had the types released, and seem hard to surely type. The same thing with Ninfia. Although I don't like the idea of it much, but it seems possible for there to be new types.

Hegafire0 said:
I've been trying to figure out why they don't want to show types. It doesn't seem too important, and the only Pokemon with types revealed are the starters. Yveltal and Xerneas haven't had the types released, and seem hard to surely type. The same thing with Ninfia. Although I don't like the idea of it much, but it seems possible for there to be new types.

They did the same thing with Zoroark at first last time, though, didn't they?

jynxed said:

I don't think so, but even if they did, Zoroark's type is obvious anyway. Xerneas, Yveltal, and Ninfia's are not.

Bolt the Cat said:
jynxed said:

I don't think so, but even if they did, Zoroark's type is obvious anyway. Xerneas, Yveltal, and Ninfia's are not.

I thought there was debate over whether it was Dark or Dark/Fighting. Hmm, maybe that was just what I was hoping it'd be haha. I think Yveltal is pretty obvious, though.

jynxed said:
I think Yveltal is pretty obvious, though.

Yveltal's is the most easily guessable, but I wouldn't say it's obvious. It could be Flying type, or it could be something else entirely, if there's two other types that fit it better.

Yeah, Yveltal at least is obvious in that its types are easy to guess. Flying, Dragon, and Dark in a combination of two out of those three.

Xerneas gets kind of worrying in that there are seriously like ~5 different types in various combinations. I've seen Grass, Steel, Psychic, Dragon, and even Water and Fighting for guesses.

And don't even get started on Ninfia oh my gosh

This could just mean that GF is trying to build hype and get us all excited for the mystery of it. However, I think the only way we'll really know is by comparing this with the hype in the previous generation!
Honestly I was not around for the Gen 5 speculation, so is there anyone around who can clarify as to if the new type hype was just as bad back then?? Like when were Reshiram and Zekrom's types revealed after they were introduced, and same for Zoroark?

I think I've figured it out. They're introducing a new type, Light.

Nympheon will be a Light type. It's pictured alongside a rainbow, which is diffracted white light, and it's shining. The bows and ribbons further reference the rainbow theme.

Xerneas will have a Light/Grass typing. It's shown bathed in light in the trailer and on a forest background. It's antlers are also rainbow colored.

Yveltal will be Dark/Flying. Light will be supereffective against Dark, but they're balanced out by their respective Grass and Flying types.

This conclusion is consistent with the games' association with genetics. Chromosome is Greek for "colored body," which gives further credence to the idea that Xerneas will have a Light typing since its antlers are literally multicolored and shaped like chromosomes.

Reshiram and Zekrom were just revealed to be Dragon type. Their secondary typing was revealed later, in Pokémon Smash (then Pokémon Sunday), if I'm not mistaken.

Sharkopath said:

Nympheon will be a Light type. It's pictured alongside a rainbow, which is diffracted white light, and it's shining. The bows and ribbons further reference the rainbow theme.

Xerneas will have a Light/Grass typing. It's shown bathed in light in the trailer and on a forest background. It's antlers are also rainbow colored.

Yveltal will be Dark/Flying. Light will be supereffective against Dark, but they're balanced out by their respective Grass and Flying types.

This conclusion is consistent with the games' association with genetics. Chromosome is Greek for "colored body," which gives further credence to the idea that Xerneas will have a Light typing since its antlers are literally multicolored and shaped like chromosomes.

While obviously we can't completely rule out the possibility of a Light type, I doubt the person putting together the image thought to himself "imma put this rainbow here because rainbows are diffracted white light".

The rainbow could be referencing the colors/types of the Eeveelutions. I mean, look at it: red = Flareon, yellow/orange = Jolteon, green = Leafeon, blue = Vaporeon/Glaceon, purple = Espeon.

Both theories are plausible, but I think it's more likely that they just threw in a rainbow because it would look better than just clouds in the background.

Personally I think that it is possible that it's a normal type, like others have said. The way the arrow pointing to it is different than the others, to me, suggests that possibly it evolves in a different way. I would say that perhaps it evolves simply by leveling it up, but then that would seem to go against previous entries in the series.

The only other thing that came to mind is that perhaps it is some sort of Flying type. The coloring and lack of wings don't really add to that idea, but the fact that it has flowing ribbons could lend itself to that idea. (Maybe it can do something weird with the ribbons or bow to fly? lols)

If it isn't a normal type though, I honestly don't know what to expect.

Bolt the Cat said:
superstarxalien169 said:
Here is a better Scan of the CoroCoro page:

Nuevo_evoluci%C3%B3n_de_Eevee.png

Can anyone tell me what move is it using at the upper left?

Looks like Swift to me.

Yeah I second that. Looks like Swift. Maybe Wish though.

Well, back in early gen 5, when Reshiram and Zekrom were revealed, they just said they were dragons. Since they are Black and White colored, some people (me included) speculated Zekrom would be Dark while Reshiram could be Light-type, considering the possibility of a new type... A few months later... nah, they're "just" Dragon/Electric and Dragon/Fire... so yeah... if they didn't introduce the Light-type last gen, why now?

Not to be offensive but you light type speculator are like those apocalypse people. You've been going light type every time a new generation is introduced. Gen III, failed, Gen IV, failed, Gen V, failed. Gen VI, most likely is going to fail.
And people, stop reading between the lines. The arrow going from Eevee to Ninfia is different is because Ninfia is a freaking new pokemon. Why do you have to think that it implies something special?

Starboard Driger said:
Sharkopath said:

The rainbow could be referencing the colors/types of the Eeveelutions. I mean, look at it: red = Flareon, yellow/orange = Jolteon, green = Leafeon, blue = Vaporeon/Glaceon, purple = Espeon.

Both theories are plausible, but I think it's more likely that they just threw in a rainbow because it would look better than just clouds in the background.

But pink isn't a colour of the rainbow and neither is black (Umbreon).
If they really wanted the rainbow theme, they'd make Ninfia Orange.

Blob55 said:
Starboard Driger said:

But pink isn't a colour of the rainbow and neither is black (Umbreon).
If they really wanted the rainbow theme, they'd make Ninfia Orange.

I stand corrected. Clearly I did not think that one through enough.

I have found something on its type, and it is very convincig ( http://thedailyhotness.net/post/42939398704/ninfia-or-nympheon-is-the-first-of-two-eevee ).
I'd definetly go for light type, or eventually for normal (but it should be brown then), but honestly I don't see Ninfia flying around with its ribbons flapping like wings...

Bolt the Cat said:
Looking at it now, it kinda looks like an alt evo of Skitty.

And Delcatty looked like an eeveelution.

XD

There is tons of similarities one can find between lots and lots of pokemon designs.

jawor361 said:
I have found something on its type, and it is very convincig ( http://thedailyhotness.net/post/42939398704/ninfia-or-nympheon-is-the-first-of-two-eevee ).
I'd definetly go for light type, or eventually for normal (but it should be brown then), but honestly I don't see Ninfia flying around with its ribbons flapping like wings...

This is not convincing at all. Any shmuck can post on a website and say "yeah guys there was some code on the site that said bulbasaur now evolves into kingler in gen 6 as a split evo but it was taken down (but I'm serious!!!)"

Also, Dark/Psychic/Fighting isn't a trinity. It's flawed because Dark is immune to Psychic, not resistant to it. Aside from Fire/Grass/Water, the only other legitimate trinity of types is Rock/Flying/Fighting.

If they dare make this a Light type... *rage quits on life* /kidding

But I'm serious about Light Types. Bad idea, Nintendo. Bad.

I don't even get why I'm doing this, but I'm doing it.

Light *could* be weak to:
Grass ( Plants absorb the Sun, through Photosynthesis. )

Light *could* be strong against:
Dark ( Turn on a light. Watch Darkness disappear. )

Wow. I must be really indecisive about whether Light Types would be good or not. Just, no adding Light as a secondary type to an existing Pokemon, just, no.

Back