(1) 40+ 'Call of Legends' Scans [1/27]

Status
Not open for further replies.
godzillab10 said:
can anyone think of a good explanation as to why we're getting reprints of cards that havent even been out for a year
The set is called Call of Legends. Therefore, it has reprint of cards in sets that had Pokemon LEGEND cards.

If you're reading this, DON'T GO to the prereleases. Just buy your Lost Worlds online, it'll be cheaper than going to the prerelease and expecting to leave with four. As everybody else in this thread is saying, this is an absolutely terrible set.
The only thing I'd buy from this set personally is the reverse holo basic energy cards. I haven't seen them, but I bet those'll look cool.

I will have to check the cards when I have more time. Hopefully tonight though. From a glance they look pretty cool though.:)

There's only a couple singles I like from this set. I want to see how cool the Energy cards look as well as the new Gyarados artwork. All in all, an extremely meh set, but I predicted this when they screwed over bringing Lost Link here.

dmaster out.

Who here has the suspicion that the reason B&W is coming out early is because they want to make up for this pathetic excuse of a set?

It is coming early, in April (normally comes out in May)

http://pokebeach.com/2011/01/black-and-white-airing-february-12th-on-cartoon-network-black-white-tcg-set

dmaster out.

@venasour x
I agree, and I'm buying a booster box of B&W. I really hope they do change potions to remove 3 damage counters instead of just 2. there will be a potion upsurge I think. then solrock/lunatone counters. who wants unknown G to be reprinted on CoL? I know I do, Machamp SF will go back into hiding. lol

I need proof of this rumored RH energy talk..

^ "Concerning basic Energy cards: all basic Energy cards you get in your booster packs are reverse holos. The Energy are reprinted from HeartGold & SoulSilver - the ones with the Pokemon silhouettes. I'll post scans of them tomorrow."

No. Way. They reprinted my 2nd favorite card. We have Cheerleader's Cheer!!!! XD
The Mr. Mime actually looks decent(possible Vilegar tech?) And I can't wait to see more

At least I'm not as disappointed as I was when I saw the Supreme Victors scans.

Okay, I know the set looks terrible right now, but let's wait until we have seen all of the cards in the set. Maybe some of the other cards aren't so bad as we made them out to be. But Phanpy's body is great, but only 60 HP.

guys a french site has just released the first english scan of lostworld. check it out! it is #81 which fits because lost would starts with L and is before P and after D (the T/S/Ss are aranged in alphebetical order)
http://www.pokecardex.com/news-671-call-of-legends-un-pachirisu-dans-le-monde-perdu

Man, I knew the set was gonna be bad, but this... is BAD. I mean seriously, why would they reprint the HGSS Flaafy? lolwut

At least PONT is being reprinted.

@Yoshidude10: Unless I made a counting mistake, we currently have 63 scans posted (sevens rows, six columns). Looking at WPM's previous newspost and the evolution scans that we haven't gotten so far, there are at least 27 (my counting is probably off, but not by too much) evolutions/basics/LL scans that we do not yet have. In total, that's 90/95 of the regular cards. Again, unless my counting is off, the last five cards would have to be that good to make this set not bad.

too bad SV was playable and had 2 tier decks built right in, 1 overly hyped card that might make a comeback and then staraptor which is alright. Also SV garchomp was good too as a rogue. I just don't see the comparison Zele, sorry.
Also Draggy FB was nice too and honchkrow SV and Cyrus's I. and i think palmer's was in the set. It was filled w/ trash but at least had some gems. This set is filled w/trash and has like a gem, maybe 3(mime jr. lost world lost remover, maybe research and maybe pachi)

Does it make sense to be more scared of Lost Remover's release than Lost World's?

I just realized that Mew Primes Body's name is "Lost Link"(the same name as the Japanese set)

I'm actually more shocked at the amount of surprise people have by this set. There are no Primes left, there are no LEGENDs left. This is exactly as was told to us by PCO: the final Lost Link cards and reprints from the HG/SS block. The secret rares spots being filled by the shiny legendaries (which considering their JP counterparts are in a rarity status to be worth $150-200 a pop, I'm pretty damn grateful- were you REALLY expecting to run Blackquaza in a deck? really?). From Day 1, this set screamed "Collectors Onry", yet somehow it seems people ignored that until the scans came rolling in. Adding RH energies to the set almost further cements this cause.

Jury's still out if I'll attend a pre-release, but still buying a booster as I do every set. It's called 'Gotta Catch 'Em All', not "GIMME CLAYDOLS OR ILL SKULL fudge YER MOM!!!". Although that is a catchier tagline....

^Nobody's shocked, just dissapointed.

But I do think the only 2 notable cards are Mine Jr. and Research Records. I see a partial Gengar Prime counter with that (send all useless pokemon on the top of your deck to the bottom), and it seems to be a good Uxie Lv.X combo. Not great, but at least something-ish. Mr. Mime isn't that great (contrary to what seems a popular belief) because there is a Promo Noctowl that does the same thing, but better. Only you see your opponents hand.

Depending on how rare those shiny legendaries are, a box of this set will be really cheap, so that helps me as a collector. The artwork in this set is simply amazing, so for me at least, it makes up for the terrible cards. Like everyone else, I'm looking forward to the reverse holo energies.

Except that Promo Noctowl is a Stage 1. Mime is a basic. We all use Collector. So unless you've got some radical tech in your hand you don't want your opponent seeing, Mime is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back