(1) A New Forme of Mewtwo Revealed for the 16th Movie? [4/3]

don()shinobi said:
evilpacman said:
SHEEEEEEIIIIIIIIITTTT

It really doesnt bug me if its real. I just dont understand why Mewtwo would have a form. Since he is man-made, shouldnt it be known by now if he could transform or something? Wouldnt the scientists that worked on him have known he could do that? Of course, it could very well be that they did know, but the records of it were destroyed along with the rest of the mansion and scientists on Cinnabar.
Or he just decided to not transform before now.

But if he was created by scientists, they should have documented his ability to transform. I find it odd that it would have been unknown considering he was engineered by humans.

Setosama said:
rocky505 said:
Sugimori doesn't design every Pokemon anymore though.

No, he doesn't but he approves most of them still, doesn't he? How would he approve this ugly abomination?

Ehh.. look at Trubbish and his evo :p

Probably this "Mewtwo" would be an error of cloning "a Mew and a half", something between Mew and Mewtwo?

Crazuu said:
Setosama said:
No, he doesn't but he approves most of them still, doesn't he? How would he approve this ugly abomination?

Ehh.. look at Trubbish and his evo :p

I'm part of a select handful of people on this too:

I personally don't think Trubbish and Garbodor look like crap! No duh they look like trash, they are trash bag pokemon!

Difference between them and this new form however: There is a logical progression in the design. You can see Trubbish turning into Garbodor, much like you can see Grimer turning into Muk (because let's face it, the only real difference is that one is in a container. you mad genwunners? *trollface*). This new Mewtwo form... Again, if real, there's no logical progression that I can see. Maybe the movie will answer questions if it's real but IDK.

evilpacman said:
don()shinobi said:

But if he was created by scientists, they should have documented his ability to transform. I find it odd that it would have been unknown considering he was engineered by humans.

Well... Call me crazy, but they kinda didn't account for him blowing up the lab on the island. XD

Well... Call me crazy, but they kinda didn't account for him blowing up the lab on the island. XD

That makes the most sense to me lol He destroyed any records they may have had on him lol

evilpacman said:

That makes the most sense to me lol He destroyed any records they may have had on him lol

granted, not sure what they could have gathered on him since they basically put him in stasis before he finally wakes up and then destroys the lab... unless they were somehow able to perform tests on him in the tube and gather more than the fact that he was able to communicate with the other clones before they all died. That's still a pretty sad scene btw. T-T

*edit note* yes I know technically Mewtwo is an "it" and not a "him" as Mewtwo is genderless but I like referring to Mewtwo as a "him". So there. -_-

Setosama said:
evilpacman said:

granted, not sure what they could have gathered on him since they basically put him in stasis before he finally wakes up and then destroys the lab... unless they were somehow able to perform tests on him in the tube and gather more than the fact that he was able to communicate with the other clones before they all died. That's still a pretty sad scene btw. T-T

*edit note* yes I know technically Mewtwo is an "it" and not a "him" as Mewtwo is genderless but I like referring to Mewtwo as a "him". So there. -_-

I think the main problems that the fan's that don't like the desgin are feeling is 1) they are simplly not used to the desgin. I will admit that at first I was kinda not liking it, but the more I looked at it and accepted it as a pokemon the more it has grown on me. I hated Scraggy and it's evo when they were first released because they didn't look like pokemon, but the more you see them the more they grow on you and look like acctual pokemon. The other problem people are having is that GF did something differant and "messed" with an original pokemon by giving it a new form so much later in the franchise.

evilpacman said:
don()shinobi said:

Mewtwo destroyed the laboratory he was created in, along with all of the data and research concerning its creation that was probably kept there.

AtmosphericThunder said:
evilpacman said:

Mewtwo destroyed the laboratory he was created in, along with all of the data and research concerning its creation that was probably kept there.

Again though, what kinda tests would they have been able to run on him having put him in stasis and being sealed inside of a tube?

Setosama said:
AtmosphericThunder said:

Again though, what kinda tests would they have been able to run on him having put him in stasis and being sealed inside of a tube?

Well, they at least knew enough about DNA to be able to create a more powerful version of Mew, possibly the most mysterious Pokemon in existence since it is apparently the ancestor to all Pokemon (Aside from Arceus, we can assume, since it created the Pokemon universe, and therefore Mew as well). And they knew that Mewtwo was dangerous enough to try to keep its powers controlled since they built the suit we saw it wearing. Mewtwo wasn't in the tank the whole time; we saw that it was at least used in Giovanni's gym battles for a while, so maybe they had time to research Mewtwo more at that period. I hardly think they were just guessing their way through the process. :)

rocky505 said:
Why is it when obviously fake scans pop up that people praise the designs but when confirmed or unconfirmed(That end up being real) ones pop up people moan and complain about them? I've noticed this since being around since DP was announced on forums.

BTW Mewtwo form is fake and guess who did it?
http://i.imgur.com/PMBlWeb.png

Any proof this pic is legit?

ArchedThunder said:
rocky505 said:
Why is it when obviously fake scans pop up that people praise the designs but when confirmed or unconfirmed(That end up being real) ones pop up people moan and complain about them? I've noticed this since being around since DP was announced on forums.

BTW Mewtwo form is fake and guess who did it?
http://i.imgur.com/PMBlWeb.png

There's no way to prove that the 4chan post is legitimate until it's revealed whether or not the actual Pokemon is real.

Mr. XY is a known troll. Why wouldn't he troll us by saying he made it up himself, even if he doesn't know that the Pokemon is real or not?

AtmosphericThunder said:
ArchedThunder said:

There's no way to prove that the 4chan post is legitimate until it's revealed whether or not the actual Pokemon is real.

Mr. XY is a known troll. Why wouldn't he troll us by saying he made it up himself, even if he doesn't know that the Pokemon is real or not?

I was asking if there was any proof the post existed.

AtmosphericThunder said:
And they knew that Mewtwo was dangerous enough to try to keep its powers controlled since they built the suit we saw it wearing. Mewtwo wasn't in the tank the whole time; we saw that it was at least used in Giovanni's gym battles for a while, so maybe they had time to research Mewtwo more at that period.

So you mean research they did when Giovanni was using Mewtwo for Gym Battles? Cuz I'm pretty sure it's heavily implied that when he breaks out of his tube it is the first time that he is exposed to anything physical outside of the fluid in his tank.

ArchedThunder said:
I was asking if there was any proof the post existed.

It's very likely that Mr. XY did post that 4chan thread. It's like I said, since nobody knows if it's real, he can say anything he wants about it and nobody can prove or disprove it; nobody aside from The Pokemon Company or Pokemon Smash, that is.

Setosama said:
So you mean research they did when Giovanni was using Mewtwo for Gym Battles? Cuz I'm pretty sure it's heavily implied that when he breaks out of his tube it is the first time that he is exposed to anything physical outside of the fluid in his tank.

Since they had the technology to create a clone of Mew, I'm sure that they had technology to scan or monitor that clone even while it's inside of a tank of fluid; vital signs like heart rate, body temperature, brain activity, etc.

Also, they had to have known a lot about Mewtwo already to be able to create a mechanical suit made specifically for it. They couldn't have just controlled Mewtwo's powers by attaching a few pieces of random mechanical armor to it.

Setosama said:
AtmosphericThunder said:

i'm afraid that you have not seen the entire movie.
before he escapes from the tube there are multiple scenes in which he fights for
giovanni, even helping team rocket to catch an entire horde of tauros.
(after long searching i have found a clip of the scene but heavily edited)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaqvn9LTTwU

greetings from skatedragon and hope this helps :)

Mr. XY is a scammer, and a troll. He is probably trying to trick us into thinking that this is NOT real. the japanese text is accurate 100%, everything. I for one believe this.

So does that mean you take back 'we try not to post fakes on our site, especially ones as bad as this'? :p

Regardless, still an awful looking forme, at least from the image we're given. Mewtwo looks naked, and much younger. I hate it :( Why ruin Mewtwo like this?

This is the only time I've ever though 'I don't like where they're going with the franchise'.

I for one like this, as long as it's "Mewthree" instead of one of these pointless new forms. I wasn't a huge fan of the design myself until I saw the picture that someone posted on here a while back. It was a sketch of the entire body. Looked really cool. It just appears to be very odd looking due to the angle that it is drawn in, and I'm sure everyone will like it much more when/if it is released and we see more pictures of it.

skatedragon said:
Setosama said:

i'm afraid that you have not seen the entire movie.
before he escapes from the tube there are multiple scenes in which he fights for
giovanni, even helping team rocket to catch an entire horde of tauros.
(after long searching i have found a clip of the scene but heavily edited)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaqvn9LTTwU

greetings from skatedragon and hope this helps :)

Frankly I think you need to watch the movie through again.

Mewtwo grows up in that tube and the first time he leaves it is when he destroys the lab.

After Mewtwo destroys the lab, Giovanni arrives in his Helicopter and convinces Mewtwo to be his "partner" which then leads to the capturing of the herd of Tauros and the scenes where Mewtwo is wearing the special armour and fighting pokemon in the gym.

Eventually Mewtwo is learns from Giovanni that "You were created by humans, to obey humans." Mewtwo rejects this notion and escapes, destroying the gym facility on his way out.

Mewtwo then flys back to the destroyed lab on New island and drops the helmet on the floor next to the Mew engraving.

All of this happens in the first ten minutes of the movie.

Back