(1) All PokeBeach Card Scans Re-Scanned, Re-Edited, Re-Placed [8/16]

Status
Not open for further replies.
DNA said:
Frankly, I actually like the old scans better. They're more full of color and don't look like they're light-bleached. Is there some way to be able to see the old scans as well as the new ones?
Can't you just darken them when you use them for whatever?
Brightness improves readability, so I don't see a problem with this.

And yeah, thanks Shakespeare!

Xous said:
Edit: Still no Latias *, I see. Oh, well. I guess that's not extremely important... ;(

The system that displays the card lists is broken. I can't touch it or edit it without breaking everything. Hopefully the new Card-Dex will be up soon. Latias is right here: http://pokebeach.com/scans/ex-dragon-frontiers/95-latias-ex-d.jpg

Water Pokémon Master said:
The system that displays the card lists is broken. I can't touch it or edit it without breaking everything. Hopefully the new Card-Dex will be up soon. Latias is right here: http://pokebeach.com/scans/ex-dragon-frontiers/95-latias-ex-d.jpg

xD I knew it had to be something with the system. *Shakes fist at the system, but then thanks it for at least holding up this long*

That's the delta species ex Latias, not Latias Star McShinypants. ;(

Looks like the system hates Latias.

http://pokebeach.com/scans/ex-deoxys/105-latias-star.jpg

d master342 said:
Lol^

Seriously guys. I think you have a problem. With your card scan quality at least. This is super cool, but it wasn't completely necessary. It's just a niceness issue. ;p I'm glad that scans that weren't on there before like Unown G are now on there, because that helps out the majority of people.

dmaster out.

From the time the first set of scans were done to this set there has been a lot of progress in scanner hardware. More importantly the technology has become so affordable.

The project just started as re scanning holos. Then holos and rares. Then everything got re done. So yes, we have a problem. We want the best images that are possible.

Enjoy them.

*edit* Now about those promos...

Shakespeare said:
From the time the first set of scans were done to this set there has been a lot of progress in scanner hardware. More importantly the technology has become so affordable.

The project just started as re scanning holos. Then holos and rares. Then everything got re done. So yes, we have a problem. We want the best images that are possible.

Enjoy them.

*edit* Now about those promos...

Yeah, but isn't it just so much more work anyway. I mean, I know the Card-Dex is coming, but that should be a little bit more priority. Just saying. ;f It's cool that you want the best, but really, they were just fine before. It's not really like we have any competitors. :F

dmaster out.

Shakespeare doesn't work on the Card-Dex, so him rescanning everything does not affect its progress. Although I edited about half the scans, it was slow and over time and didn't really slow down progress on anything else we're working on.

The new scans are definitely lighter, but they are closer to the actual cards. The old scans were artificially darkened. Shakespeare and I did everything to make sure the filters and effects we applied to the new scans matched the cards' colors and lightness in real life.
Ah, I understand. That makes more sense. Thanks for explaining that WPM.
As for whoever mentioned banner-making...you could do that with either the lighter or the darker ones, right?

There was plenty of discussion of what looked better (light, dark, ect).
In the end we tried to go with what the real card looked like.

My own personal set of scans are just a little lighter than what is here.

No matter what scans you like (old or new) we all just love Pokemon!

If you really want to see the difference in the scans, you can have both scans of Feraligatr open at the same time.

WPM, on the promo scans will that be only the English ones or you post scans of cards that never got translated?

Im not sure if this has been posted yet (as i haven't read all of the posts)
plus it isn't that much of a problem but....
the old feraligatr scan isn't working for me, WPM. Thought you might need to know. :D

There are a few cards missing but I don't now if is because you don't have those cards or if you forgot them... I'll post them anyway (when I mean "missing", I mean there is no link for said card)

Missing cards (from Base Set to Legends Awakened):
Mr. Mime (Rare, #22, Jungle)
Here Comes Team Rocket! (Holo, #15, Team Rocket)
Here Comes Team Rocket! (Rare, #71, Team Rocket)
Challenge! (Uncommon, #74, Team Rocket)
Sleep! (Common, #79, Team Rocket)
EDIT1:
Ninetales (Holo, Aquapolis)
Mr. Mime #95A (Common, Aquapolis)
Mr. Mime #95B (Common, Aquapolis)
EDIT2:
Pow! Hand Extension (Team Rocket Returns)
Surprise! Time Machine (Team Rocket Returns)
Swoop! Teleporter (Team Rocket Returns)
Here Comes Team Rocket! (Team Rocket Returns)
EDIT3:
Unown ! (Unseen Forces)
EDIT4:
Latias d (Delta Species)
Regirock * (Legend Maker) - scan is messed up
Latias d (Holo, Holon Phantoms)
Latias d (Rare, Holon Phantoms)
EDIT5:
Bill's Maintenance (Crystal Guardians) - scan is messed up
EDIT6:
Mime Jr. (Diamond&Pearl)

I'll edit this post when I check the rest of the sets.

Great job on uploading! They look-uh-great! I couldnt really tell the difference much, but they look great anyways, so good job.

Oh I can't beleive I never thanked Shakespeare! Thanks Shakespeare for re-scanning! =D And to DNA, yes you can use either color, but these look much better, trust me. ;D

~SotS

Awesome. They look pretty good. I hope I can get new cards aswrll too soon.:)

I really used to think you were crazy when you always used to say things like this every 6 months:
"Shakespeare has re scanned his collection of cards using his NEW scanner.They are now HD-DVD/BluRay style!"
But this is actually pretty amazing.They look exactly the same as some cards in my collection.Infact they look even better.
I used to think the scans before were couldn't get better.. but I was wrong.
But there is ONE flaw.You used the .JPEG file format?Seriously?I know the scans are good now but to finally master them they could have been .PNG
Just saying as JPEG has some bad affects on the image when it compresses the file.

Yay! Higher quality scans for higher quality articles! Yeah, the scans look great, so I'll need to replace all of my scans in the article I'm working on with these new awesome scans. But what is making me more happy? Gliscor Lv.X is looking better.

A_Kun96 said:
I really used to think you were crazy when you always used to say things like this every 6 months:
"Shakespeare has re scanned his collection of cards using his NEW scanner.They are now HD-DVD/BluRay style!"
But this is actually pretty amazing.They look exactly the same as some cards in my collection.Infact they look even better.
I used to think the scans before were couldn't get better.. but I was wrong.
But there is ONE flaw.You used the .JPEG file format?Seriously?I know the scans are good now but to finally master them they could have been .PNG
Just saying as JPEG has some bad affects on the image when it compresses the file.
PNG would make the file size of each scan 4-6x larger. It would be like trying to load one of the JPG scans over dialup, meaning it would take forever. We're not dumb in our decisions when it comes to the scans - we know what we're doing. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back