(1) All PokeBeach Card Scans Re-Scanned, Re-Edited, Re-Placed [8/16]

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are great! Thanks for all the hard work. :)

What's happening with the Blastoise comparison cards, though? Maybe I'm a TCG newb, but the HP fonts are different and the text alignment for Hydro Pump on the old version doesn't match the new one. Just curious about that; please don't mind if it's something silly or simple that I just overlooked. :(

Water Pokémon Master said:
PNG would make the file size of each scan 4-6x larger. It would be like trying to load one of the JPG scans over dialup, meaning it would take forever. We're not dumb in our decisions when it comes to the scans - we know what we're doing. :p
Man I'm not dumb to think that your dumb.. obviously you have your reasons your experienced being a webmaster and stuff.
Just pointing it out, and may I ask.. is there like somewhere where I can download the files before they were put into the .JPEG file format?I could really use some for rendering.But if not.. these scans will do.. after the update there isn't much difference.. you just see unnecesary pixels when zoomed in.
Thanks for the reply anyway.

The system doesn't like it when cards have grammar in their names (!, .).

Oh.. but the link for the holo Mr. Mime (Jungle) is working...

Edit: Also, the link for holo ninetales from Aquapolis doesn't work...

A_Kun96 said:
I really used to think you were crazy when you always used to say things like this every 6 months:
"Shakespeare has re scanned his collection of cards using his NEW scanner.They are now HD-DVD/BluRay style!"
But this is actually pretty amazing.They look exactly the same as some cards in my collection.Infact they look even better.
I used to think the scans before were couldn't get better.. but I was wrong.
But there is ONE flaw.You used the .JPEG file format?Seriously?I know the scans are good now but to finally master them they could have been .PNG
Just saying as JPEG has some bad affects on the image when it compresses the file.

They are not just HD-DVD or BluRay they are also in THX Dolby for superior sound.

i cant get any sets to work right now!! i think im just slow =[ is their a new way to look at sets? usually the tab just works but it hasnt been today

For anyone interested...

Part of my job was removing all the smudges and scratches on the scans. This could take up to 20 minutes per holo. Open up these two scans in tabs and switch between them real fast to see the scratches before-and-after (if you're using Firefox make sure you zoom-in to the real size so you can see all the details). It's kind of cool.

Raw scan after rotating and cropping: http://pokebeach.com/14-raichu.jpg
Above with smudges and scratches removed: http://pokebeach.com/14-raichu2.jpg

Final scan after various effects: http://pokebeach.com/scans/fossil/14-raichu.jpg

Shakespeare said:
They are not just HD-DVD or BluRay they are also in THX Dolby for superior sound.
Lol man, what are you talking about?I dont recall images of trading cards having any audio at all.
Okay I'm sure it was a joke but still.. >_>

Oh and @WPM that's pretty neat.. I always wondered how none of the cards had a single scratch on them in the scans.. but then agin they were pretty well kept as I only saw minor light scratches.

i must say, you guys are the most dedicated people to what your doing. i use the card lists ALL the time, and I think this was just amazing. congratulations for having the BEST card lists out =] its more effective than even looking through the cards in my opinion. maybe however you could include some sort of search engine in some way?

For anyone interested...

Part of my job was removing all the smudges and scratches on the scans. This could take up to 20 minutes per holo. Open up these two scans in tabs and switch between them real fast to see the scratches before-and-after (if you're using Firefox make sure you zoom-in to the real size so you can see all the details). It's kind of cool.

Raw scan after rotating and cropping: http://pokebeach.com/14-raichu.jpg
Above with smudges and scratches removed: http://pokebeach.com/14-raichu2.jpg

Final scan after various effects: http://pokebeach.com/scans/fossil/14-raichu.jpg

Great! The scans look pretty good. The only problem I have with it is that the supporters and trainers have pixelated font.
Since the sharpness got cranked up, the anti-aliasing for the font got removed.

Still the best scans on internet though.

I just noticed this:

91-regirock-star.jpg

EDIT: by the way, what's the problem with Latias? The only link that is working for Latias until Holon Phantoms is Latias ex (Ex Dragon)

Wait, why aren't there new scans for the reprints of the legendary collection set?

There's no Red Cheaked Pikachu. plus Non-Holo Mr. Mime on Jungle set's link isn't there, though I did find it in the directory.

Hey, what's up with that Regirock? Are you going to fix it WPM?

I'm going to repost my list of card scans whose links are not working and the scans that are messed up

Mr. Mime (Rare, Jungle)
Here Comes Team Rocket! (Holo, Team Rocket)
Here Comes Team Rocket! (Rare, Team Rocket)
Challenge! (Team Rocket)
Sleep! (Team Rocket)
Ninetales (Holo, Aquapolis)
Mr. Mime #95A (Aquapolis)
Mr. Mime #95B (Aquapolis)
Pow! Hand Extension (Team Rocket Returns)
Surprise! Time Machine (Team Rocket Returns)
Swoop! Teleporter (Team Rocket Returns)
Here Comes Team Rocket! (Team Rocket Returns)
Unown ! (Unseen Forces)
Latias d (Delta Species)
Regirock * (Legend Maker) - bad scan
Latias d (Holo, Holon Phantoms)
Latias d (Rare, Holon Phantoms)
Bill's Maintenance (Crystal Guardians) - bad scan
Mime Jr. (Diamond&Pearl)

Also, the links for Latias * and Latias ex d (Dragon Frontiers) aren't working in the respective set pages but they were already posted somewhere in this thread.

I just wonder what's the problem with some cards with "!" or "." cuz not all of them have their links off.

Metalizard said:
I'm going to repost my list of card scans whose links are not working and the scans that are messed up

Mr. Mime (Rare, Jungle)
Here Comes Team Rocket! (Holo, Team Rocket)
Here Comes Team Rocket! (Rare, Team Rocket)
Challenge! (Team Rocket)
Sleep! (Team Rocket)
Ninetales (Holo, Aquapolis)
Mr. Mime #95A (Aquapolis)
Mr. Mime #95B (Aquapolis)
Pow! Hand Extension (Team Rocket Returns)
Surprise! Time Machine (Team Rocket Returns)
Swoop! Teleporter (Team Rocket Returns)
Here Comes Team Rocket! (Team Rocket Returns)
Unown ! (Unseen Forces)
Latias d (Delta Species)
Regirock * (Legend Maker) - bad scan
Latias d (Holo, Holon Phantoms)
Latias d (Rare, Holon Phantoms)
Bill's Maintenance (Crystal Guardians) - bad scan
Mime Jr. (Diamond&Pearl)

Also, the links for Latias * and Latias ex d (Dragon Frontiers) aren't working in the respective set pages but they were already posted somewhere in this thread.

I just wonder what's the problem with some cards with "!" or "." cuz not all of them have their links off.

You can find the missing links in the directories.
Now for those bad scans... Something needs to be done about that Regirock, and the whole of Legendary Collection needs to be re-scanned.

I love the new scans, WPM!

Surely, this is one more step of greatness for the Beach. I'm sure the quality of banner-making will be improved by these scans.

You can find the missing links in the directories.
Now for those bad scans... Something needs to be done about that Regirock, and the whole of Legendary Collection needs to be re-scanned.

Oh.... I never thought of that lol... shame on me. But why didn't anybody remind me about that before?
Anyway, I did that for every card on that list and all of them worked except mr. mime (rare, jungle). it's directory should be "...22-mr.-mime.jpg" but isn't working. I tried "22-mr.-mime", "22-mr-mime" and others but none of them worked too...

Uh... So, WPM, are you gonna get a new Regirock scanned? What about Legendary Collection, and Supreme Victories?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back