(1) August CoroCoro HG/SS Info [7/10]

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will be one of the best pokemon games of all time because of all its features. Now they are adding in Crystal features like euisine this game is going to be great i am so going to preorder this game.

Oh yeah, Mewtwo is in the game. That is awesome! This game seems like its gonna be better then Gold, and Silver.

SotS said:
Must. Have. Games. NOW! xD This news is way to epic for my mind to handle! On a side-note, who all thinks that they're focusing more on Hoenn, then Johto. o_O

They're not focusing on any region besides Johto/Kanto. They're focusing more on the Legendaries however than the actual game.

With that being said, I love the new Sugimori art and I'm amazed to see Eusine in the game, which I loved in Crystal. What mainly surprises me is that Gyarados is at Lv.30 but wasn't he at Lv.30 in G/S/C? Maybe they're not upping the levels! :O I hate them if that's true. I really wanted a challenge in these games...New moves for the Trio is good. Wonder how it'll impact the meta. And if Mewtwo is in, why not throw in all the Event Pokemon too? All the trios and everything. :F I am interested to hear what the hidden ability is and why it might be hidden.

dmaster out.

Musical said:
These games are, in fact, the most anti-remake remakes I have ever seen. If the information about the Lati's is correct, all Hoenn legendaries are covered in the DS games, with the exception of the event ones. Appparently, Nintendo really does not want a Ruby/Sapphire remake. Why else would they ensure that no Hoenn legend is left out?

I really dont think this is a sign that these games are anti remakes, I mean LG and FR had both lugia and Ho-oh in them as well as the the dogs. They had to be introduced in order form them to be avalable in the 3rd gen games without the use of the gamecube games. As the DSi has made it so pal park can no longer be used to transfer 3rd gen pokemon over and also some new players may not have the 3rd gen remakes or ruby and saphire. There must be away to make legendary pokemon avalable to the 4th gen game. The legendary birds were in Pt for that reason, so I am not suprised to see mewtwo, latios and latias are in HG and SS.

Griffalot said:
Musical said:
These games are, in fact, the most anti-remake remakes I have ever seen. If the information about the Lati's is correct, all Hoenn legendaries are covered in the DS games, with the exception of the event ones. Appparently, Nintendo really does not want a Ruby/Sapphire remake. Why else would they ensure that no Hoenn legend is left out?

I really don't think this is a sign that these games are anti remakes, I mean LG and FR had both lugia and Ho-oh in them as well as the the dogs. They had to be introduced in order form them to be avalable in the 3rd gen games without the use of the gamecube games. As the DSi has made it so pal park can no longer be used to transfer 3rd gen pokemon over and also some new players may not have the 3rd gen remakes or ruby and saphire. There must be away to make legendary pokemon avalable to the 4th gen game. The legendary birds were in Pt for that reason, so I am not suprised to see mewtwo, latios and latias are in HG and SS.

I see your point. Pokémon Platinum has the birds, the regi's, and the spirits in it. So since the Gold, and Silver remakes have the dogs, Kyorge, Groudon, Rayquaza, Latias, and Latios are in that game... there would be no real reason to make a remake of Honen.

Thanks for posting WPM!!

Damn, every bit of new info makes me want these games more!!!

WPM, you're in Japan right? Why don't you buy yourself CoroCoro so we can have the info and scans sooner?

d master342 said:
What mainly surprises me is that Gyarados is at Lv.30 but wasn't he at Lv.30 in G/S/C. Maybe they're not upping the levels! :O I hate them if that's true. I really wanted a challenge in these games...New moves for the Trio is good. Wonder how it'll impact the meta. And if Mewtwo is in, why not throw in all the Event Pokemon too? All the trios and everything. :F I am interested to hear what the hidden ability is and why it might be hidden.

dmaster out.
The Gyarados was lv. 30 in G/S:
1048-PokmonCrystalUPerversion_01-2.png

Anyway, amazing news! I'll be pre-ordering/importing it as soon as I have the money. Is it September yet?

Daisuke said:
WPM, you're in Japan right? Why don't you buy yourself CoroCoro so we can have the info and scans sooner?

Because they don't come out until the 15th of the month? This is all leaked information from Japan, so... Maybe if he was able to leak some information, but... Yeah, he couldn't buy it right now, anyways.

howelllawson said:
d master342 said:
What mainly surprises me is that Gyarados is at Lv.30 but wasn't he at Lv.30 in G/S/C. Maybe they're not upping the levels! :O I hate them if that's true. I really wanted a challenge in these games...New moves for the Trio is good. Wonder how it'll impact the meta. And if Mewtwo is in, why not throw in all the Event Pokemon too? All the trios and everything. :F I am interested to hear what the hidden ability is and why it might be hidden.

dmaster out.
The Gyarados was lv. 30 in G/S:

Anyway, amazing news! I'll be pre-ordering/importing it as soon as I have the money. Is it September yet?

That's what I thought. That must mean they're not raising the Levels astronomically high. :[

dmaster out.

I really hope they up the levels, if they do then NOTHING will dissapoint me in the games. Yeah, the Red Gyarados is still Lv.30, but that was a little high in the old game considering Pryce had a lv.31 Piloswine(But seriously, why did Jasmine have a lv.35 then? At least you could fight Pryce first. Even before Chuck.) So if Gyarados is still lv.30 then HOPEFULLY they're just making him a little more decently leveled and the gymleaders will be a little stronger. I'd like their pokemon to each go up at least around 2-5 levels, and Pryce & Jasmine's levels to switch. They should make something to prevent you from going to Mahogany town if you haven't beaten Chuck and Jasmine yet.

Lv.30 Gyarados was about right for all the Levels of the Trainers/Gym Leaders. I guess we'll just have to wait and see, but this isn't a good sign.

dmaster out.

However, they did raise the levels of Ho-Oh/Lugia by five. In the original G/S they were 40.

That's true, but that's just because they're Legendaries. It wouldn't really make sense not to raise them.

dmaster out.

Gen III (GBA) - Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald
remake FireRed/LeafGreen

Gen IV (DS) - Diamond/Pearl/Platinum
remake HeartGold/SoulSilver

they have to make each Pokémon available in each generation so even if all legendaries are available in Platinum or HG/SS, if we get a 5th Generation, there's still the possibility of a Ruby/Sapphire remake and that remake would probably have legendaries of Gen I, II and/or IV. IMO

Musical said:
Invariably, they are going to add more to the game to make the game more polished. In the original GSC, Johto was a very short region because they needed more space to put Kanto in. As is such, there are many places where they can make Johto stand out more as a region by itself. I almost expected some of the stuff from Crystal to make it into the re-makes. I would expect the legendary trio to have their own special battle music, just like in Crystal. I would also expect Buena's Password, or something similar, to remain. I also think Clair will require you to take the test at the Dragon's Den. You might even have to fight some more battles there. I don't know if they will keep the Extremespeed Dratini, or the Odd Eggs with the increased Shining Pokemon chances though. I highly doubt that breeding will be able to produce higher Shining Pokemon chances either. ¹

For me, it is good to see the Shining Gyarados make a re-appearance. Hopefully, its IV's won't be fixed like in GSC, since Shininess is determined by different values now (all Shining Pokemon originally had fixed Defense, Special, and Speed at 10 / 16). Now with the inclusion of moves like Dragon Dance, Aqua Tail, Earthquake, Stone Edge, and Ice Fang, it will be much more dangerous than ever used to be (Gyarados' Special Attack in RBY used to be as high as its current Special Defense, before the special atk/def split).

The fact that levels are still low in this remake further suggests that Kanto is going to be re-made. My guess is that Latios, Latias, Mewtwo, and maybe the legendary earth / water / sky Pokemon will appear in Kanto in one way or another, to make the distribution of legends more balanced.

For Ho-Oh's and Lugia's hidden abilities, I am going to guess that they are going to have special hold items you can obtain that will power them up, like the Adamant / Lusterous / Griseous orbs. Will the item that powers Ho-Oh up only be in HeartGold, and the item that powers Lugia up only be in SoulSilver, or is my guess completely off? Chances are, you will still be able to get the Sacred Ash from or around Ho-Oh somehow.

¹ Mistakenly called the Ditto Glitch, in GSC, you could increase your chances of hatching a Shining Pokemon by breeding with a Shining Pokemon, because of the way IV's determine shininess. The Ditto Glitch is the glitch in RBY where you traded your Shining Gyarados, Mimicked Transform, and Transformed into Ditto, causing Ditto to take on Gyarados' IV's, making the Ditto shining. By trading the Shining Ditto back to GSC, you could then breed it, and increase the chances of hatching a Shining Pokemon to 1 in 64.

Geez, they are certaintly packing these games with legendaries, aren't they? I like it though. Gives you many things to do and search for in the game. I love the beasts' new artwork. And I hope Mewtwo is in this game. Though during gen 2, the Cerulean Cave was inaccessable because of some kind of wall collapse, correct? Maybe Mewtwo will have a bit of a story in which the game explains why the cave is not there anymore and what happens to Mewtwo afterwards. Maybe if you encounter him, he'll actually say something fiercly awesome instead of saying "Mew" like he did in R/B/Y & FR/LG. That'd be really neat. Anyway, these games are just amazing. <33

InuMimi said:
Geez, they are certaintly packing these games with legendaries, aren't they? I like it though. Gives you many things to do and search for in the game. I love the beasts' new artwork. And I hope Mewtwo is in this game. Though during gen 2, the Cerulean Cave was inaccessable because of some kind of wall collapse, correct? Maybe Mewtwo will have a bit of a story in which the game explains why the cave is not there anymore and what happens to Mewtwo afterwards. Maybe if you encounter him, he'll actually say something fiercly awesome instead of saying "Mew" like he did in R/B/Y & FR/LG. That'd be really neat. Anyway, these games are just amazing. <33

Well if Mewtwo is confirmed then that will confirm Kanto. If aal but this part is not true I would not mind. Right now I am only waiting on the confirmation of Mewtwo. I can do without the rest but I think it will be in there though. I am only focusing on Mewtwo because not only does it confirm him but the confirmation of kanto is on the same line. I hope they conirm Mewtwo because if they don't it will be cut-throat island for the rest of the game and will not be as fun with out going throught 2 regions. That is why it was a bigger hit than R/B/Y back then. These will be better than D/P I am sure. I can see it coming. This will be a BIG release too.:)

Has anybody noticed that to the left of the scan on the edge near Raikous head theres a picture of a battle with Lugia or what looks to be like Lugia as it shows Lugia's wing and tail (probably a new sprite)

And just above it shows the place you catch Lugia (the waterfall behind with 3 rocks). This is all speculation but in my opinion is probably true.:)

I'm getting this game in japanese as soon as it comes out there.I could bring so game info.this seems awsome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back