(1) August CoroCoro HG/SS Info [7/10]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this has already been said, I just haven't had enough time to read over the entire thread yet and wanted to say this before I forgot lol:

Seeing since the Legendary Birds (Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres) where available in Platinum, is it possible that Latias, Latios, Kyogre and Groudon, along with Rayquaza, are being brought in as replacements in a manner of speaking? I mean, it would be pointless to do the birds again if you can already get them in Platinum, you know?

Also, I really hope Kanto is not in this remake at all. It's just that, it was the main region of Gen 1, it was in Gen 2 through the original G/S/C, it was a part of Gen 3 because of the remakes of the original Gen 1 games... I'm not really sure if I wanna see Kanto in every single flaming generation we come to. To be honest, it's beginning to get a tad boring and repetitive, you know?

I would be very disappointed if Kabto was not in the games because I never got to play these through. I have heard it was very fun back then thoigh so I hope Kanto is in the games.:)

Ambi Pom Pom said:
Also, I really hope Kanto is not in this remake at all. It's just that, it was the main region of Gen 1, it was in Gen 2 through the original G/S/C, it was a part of Gen 3 because of the remakes of the original Gen 1 games... I'm not really sure if I wanna see Kanto in every single flaming generation we come to. To be honest, it's beginning to get a tad boring and repetitive, you know?
I understand your concern, and I think a number of people feel that way as well. However, I feel as though it was integral to the storyline in GSC, and if it was removed, it would constitute a huge retcon. For one thing, there are new scenarios and characters (like Janine), and for another, as soon as you cross the river east of New Bark Town to head for the Pokemon League, a guy stops you, and explains that you just entered Kanto. Kanto was supposed to have been dramatically changed over the 3 years that went by. At the time, there were technical limitations as to what could be shown, as terrain features could not be shown as nearly as well as it can today. Perhaps if we do go to Kanto again, which I think is very likely to be the case, it will have so many differences from FrLg that it plays very differently, and doesn't feel as rehashed as it did in GSC.

Personally, I liked being able to go for 16 badges, rather than just 8. It lengthens the storyline, rather than just providing a number of optional quests after beating the champ.

DocRobot_K-176 said:
Ambi Pom Pom said:
I understand your concern, and I think a number of people feel that way as well. However, I feel as though it was integral to the storyline in GSC, and if it was removed, it would constitute a huge retcon. For one thing, there are new scenarios and characters (like Janine), and for another, as soon as you cross the river east of New Bark Town to head for the Pokemon League, a guy stops you, and explains that you just entered Kanto. Kanto was supposed to have been dramatically changed over the 3 years that went by. At the time, there were technical limitations as to what could be shown, as terrain features could not be shown as nearly as well as it can today. Perhaps if we do go to Kanto again, which I think is very likely to be the case, it will have so many differences from FrLg that it plays very differently, and doesn't feel as rehashed as it did in GSC.

Personally, I liked being able to go for 16 badges, rather than just 8. It lengthens the storyline, rather than just providing a number of optional quests after beating the champ.

Game size was probably an issue with the original games, now they might have more room then they know what to do with.

Yes it would be really cool if you could travel to every region in HGSS and have some fun and stay some little bit of time on every places you have been.

rolpete08, I assume you're new here, so you might want to go take a look at the rules before posting.
This thread has had no replies for over 2 weeks, and is therefore dead. Try not to revive any more dead threads in the future, Thank you.

Rule 5
*Poof*

BTW, Kanto has been confirmed ages ago, the others are not in the game, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back