(1) B/W Starter Pokemon Revealed in CoroCoro Scans [5/12]

psyburn said:
Ugh...I hate Mudkip.

It's okay. Some people just haven't been engulfed in the magical essense that is Mudkip yet.

But I must admit... Sceptile is the manifestation of awesome sauce.

FOr me 3>4>5>1>2. Actually, I love them all equally.

And look, someone made an evolutionary line for Mijimaru:

MIJUMARU_New_Starter_Evolution_by_RedMental.jpg

To me no generation is better than the other. If your reeling for nostalgia but want the new bells and whistles of Gen 4 just pick up Heart Gold or Soul Silver. I completed Gold fully and it is a big part of my childhood but I still stand by Heart Gold as being the better game. I see past the bad stuff and into all the improvements (although small) Pokemon games keep making. I say that Gen V will be the best yet. I know every single Pokemon (all 493) and accept these new starters as well as Zorua and Zoroark with open arms.

Spherical Aura said:
To me no generation is better than the other. If your reeling for nostalgia but want the new bells and whistles of Gen 4 just pick up Heart Gold or Soul Silver. I completed Gold fully and it is a big part of my childhood but I still stand by Heart Gold as being the better game. I see past the bad stuff and into all the improvements (although small) Pokemon games keep making. I say that Gen V will be the best yet. I know every single Pokemon (all 493) and accept these new starters as well as Zorua and Zoroark with open arms.

Same here, I cant hatem. I like them all. Always fun seeing new designs and i love animals. Those fav starter groups are very close to each other lol.

Annihilator27 said:
Same here, I cant hatem. I like them all. Always fun seeing new designs and i love animals. Those favorite starter groups are very close to each other lol.
The same for me i like every pokemon because they are unique and i always like them, and i also think gen 5 is going to be the great return of pokemon
Also have they revealed the evolution method for Zorua? i have not found information about it, or are there still some scans to be leaked, oh sorry i did not read the update very well, more scans to come? fantastic

Wow. We have some very weird starter names. The Grass and Water starters I don't know how to say but I can say the Fire starter name though. I have to wait for the other 2 to be heard before I will be able to say them right.:)

I agree with Rocket Ponster saying that the starters for gen V is very fresh, not just the water type, but all of them. I mean, the pig is fire type and it made people doubted that because there are no sign of fire (all other fire starters have fire on them, I know someone might say Torchic, but its crest is shaped like a fire), the grass starter has the suave look attitude, which I think kinda fit with the more adult protagonists, the water starter color scheme is very fresh, I couldn't imagine that they put that color scheme for the water starter.

There's just something about pigs I don't like. And Pokabu isn't an exception, the only way it can redeem itself for me is if it turns into an awesomesauce Cannon-Wielding Pirate Pig, otherwise Gen 5 might be the very first gen where I don't pick the fire starter. *sigh. I really don't like bacon boy. The grass starter looks really cool though, I've always liked pokemon who looked liked wise a$$es. That fan art about the water starter's evolution looks awesome, though it looks more like a cross between a panther and a polar bear, which is NOT an otter.

Tensho said:
I rather hope for the version mascot legendary for the next issue.
There might not be legendaries. Someone made a point on another website that the final evolutions of the pig and sea otter starters could be the version mascots because the pig has black coloring and the sea otter has white. Makes sense.

I wonder when we will get every poke from BW, i mean if theyre being released this fall, they better start revealing some, next thing were all waiting for is eeveelutions, legendarys and evos of starters.

Elfteiroh said:
Gen 4 > Gen 5 > Gen 3 > Gen 1 > Gen 2 for me...

By the way, I started playing with Gold... xD
Oh we're doing this fun game? Cool.
Gen 4 > Gen 2 > Gen 3 > Gen 1

I don't think it's right to go ahead and put gen. 5 in there. It's way to early to judge it. Oh btw, I started with red and blue :eek:

Well, the Grass-type looks like a cool Treeko clone, porkchops looks okay, and the water pokemon looks really strange, and kind of hypnotized. Not very exciting, but sending out a giant snake would be pretty awesome...

The girl trainer looks like a weirdo, but the boy trainer actually looks pretty cool (although I don't like the brown eyes). Note the gadget on the wrist.

I could see Zoroark's ability being abused very easily depending on how it works. Accuracy-boosting is very powerful, so I hope not many pokemon learn similar moves to Claw Sharpen...

howelllawson said:
So, the protagonists are older than the ones in past games.

Could this mean that they're finally trying to appeal to their older audiences?

Let's hope so.

Back