(1) 'Black' and 'White' American Release Date: April? [10/5]

omahaanime said:
Has there been a card set release before the corresponding video game?

For Platinum and HeartGold/SoulSilver, the TCG set was released about a month before released before the game. For FireRed/LeafGreen and Emerald, the video game and the card set were released at about the same time.

However, what is notable about those four titles is that they were all based on an existing Pokemon game. (Emerald was based on Ruby/Sapphire, etc) For a new generation of games, the video game has always come before the set. This will likely be the case for BW.

Yeah but was the perfect rating given by you, based on your personal experience, or was it just some number from someone else?

Ultimately when you buy the game, it's your own opinions that should sway the decision, not so much about what others think about the product (those should only be guidelines to give you an idea of what the game may or may not be like).

Thank You Blue Thunder. If the past holds true, the video game will come out in February or there will be another set after Triumphant.

gamestops website has the game for 35 bucks. thoguh they had that for HGSS until the full announcement and the pokewalker stuff so i think it was oly 40 bucks because of the walker.

When I went to Game Stop of reserve a copy of the games, I asked when it would be released and they told me that it would be out around April 2nd. I'm sure that it is a rough date, but that's what I was told. :)

how the heck are we supposed to download Zoroark? Zoroark can't go in D,P,PL,HG, or SS and we would have just picked up out B/W copies.

gamestop always has the beginning of April for placeholder dates. For HGSS, they had April 1st.

i really hope we get the Shiny Beasts event soon and before BW come out. we definitely need to get Mew and Celebi before the end of the year. i know i said this a million times but it is true!

i also wonder why Arceus and the Jewel of life hasn't been released out on DVD yet it was supposed to come out this past Spring 2010 but i have no idea what happaned nothing hasn't even been annouced for the DVD yet.

XieRH: Famitsu gave B/W a 40/40, which if you know anything about the magazine, a perfect rating is extremely rare. There have only been a handful of other games that have ever gotten a 40/40 from Famitsu. This is also the first set of games in the series to get that score. So it's a huge deal.

According to Gamestop Pokemon Black and White come out April 1,2011 and the 13th movie is November 12,2010

Secretsof2113 said:
XieRH: Famitsu gave B/W a 40/40, which if you know anything about the magazine, a perfect rating is extremely rare. There have only been a handful of other games that have ever gotten a 40/40 from Famitsu. This is also the first set of games in the series to get that score. So it's a huge deal.

Well it would be a huge deal in terms of the context of the history of game ratings with respect to the magazine, yeah.

Purchase decision is still another story though. I mean, I dunno about other people but I don't base my purchase decision (or personal opinions of the game) on a number given by a website.

I agree that the games to take a bit too long to come out in English, but it doesn't matter a whole lot to me. I'm just thankful that we actually get the games. And quite frankly, fanart and the internet, plus the still running anime will keep me busy for a long time. And hopefully everyone here has a life (bahaha :p) which means, you'll probably get so caught up in school or something that April will be here before you know it.

First post on these forums, sorry for jumping right in without any introduction or anything:

Went into Gamestop today and asked them about the games myself. Got a different answer. I live in California, but they had it printed in a big binder they keep around full of preorderable stuff that it's going to be 4/02/11 and the prices will be set at 34.99 USD. So conflictions abound, maybe they changed it in the last however long or maybe these are all just estimates? Don't know. Just letting you guys know what I know, now.

I just reread pokebeach's info about the release date...It just came to me that maybe we are probably buying zoroark as well... my mind really is wierd!!!

i don't understand why we wouldn't get the Shiny Beasts event. after all, we did get the Shiny Beasts promos in our fall 2010 tins, so it would only make sense that we would get the Shiny Beasts video game events as well.

@storm17,

How do you know this infomation???? We never herd it from any one else. But Nov. 12th. Ya. I can see that.
Off Toic: WERE IS MY SHINY RIKOU!!!!! I must have it:( o_O =( >_< '-'

It doesn't matter when it's going to be released, it'll be a hot seller the first week it comes out.

If it's April, it's April. There'd be nothing you can but accept that the games would be released in April if April is confirmed to be the release date.

Back