(1) 'Black' and 'White' Prerelease Leaks! [9/16]

Pokerus still works the same.
The elite four seem a little weak to me. Not just in levels but in amount. Only four pokemon of the same levels? Bummed me out a bit but belle is strong. Is the other rival the next champ?

I wonder if the older Pokemon BSTs will remain the same.

Right now, they are so completely outclassed in totals it's not funny.

There's no point creating crap but if they want to raise the standard they shouldn't forget all the others they purposely gave bad stats because of how small the game was back during RBY.

The bugs especially (Butterfree, Beedrill, Beautifly, Ledian, Ariados, Kricketune, Dustox, Parasect etc) and actually loads of others from every generation being essentially replaced by Gen V. I mean, 95% of the G5 Pokes are ahead of at least 45% of the older ones.

The trainers don't move much in battle during their intro's like gym leaders and what not from platinum. I think Belle and cheren have some kind of animation before they throw their pokeballs out but I think that's it from what Ive seen so far. Also, the gyms look so much more awsome this time around, their all so very unique.

They should give everything an upgrade in stats. No reason a pifgeot cant compete with staraptor. Like you said, the bugs are near useless. Butterfree beautifly etc are just plain weak but could be really strong if they had the chance to use their movesets.
I really like most of the designs. Of course the frozen chicken is just that but the other legends are great. The standard bugs and grass types look stunning to.

I agree with you, seyche. The new Bug Pokemon completely outclass the ones of the last Gens. 491 for Bug-Grass Hahakurimo and 475 for Bug-Poison Pendoraa are unfair. For heaven's sake, they are higher than Skarmory o_O

I have a feeling that when the third game is released, the Frozen chicken aka the Ice Dragon Pokemon that is obviously going to be the mascot of the next game will have a new sprite, like Giratina's Original Forme in Platinum. Perhaps it will look more epic and energetic or at least, it can lift up its head proudly like any other Dragons. If Reshiram and Zekrom represent power and energy, perhaps this Ice Dragon represents no energy?

@seyche

I'd be thinking that the stats for older Pokemon will be updated/tweaked to better suit the standard that seems to have been bought in with BW, but since barely anyone has Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh Pokemon in their games, let alone the ones you can catch post Elite Four, we can't really discern if anything has been changed.

Yesterday in school i learned that ice and frozen things have more energy leaving them so they are like the lack of energy. He looks so okish. Wish it was better, only because the other dragons outclass it in style.
Saw the hydrqa and i need it. Want the dog too. It looks so cute but i guess intimidate makes it intimidating. Guess sandstorm is getting a major upgrade. Sandstorm teams will be using the croc, drill mole and now this dog for variety. Itd be sweet if it got some moves like thunderbolt. Icecream is great.

Thanks, by the way, when will the site get the game and not have to rely on Japanese players updates?

I guess there is some hope that GF will indeed tweak the older Pokes since they've never had such a big jump in BSTs before, but, I don't think they've ever changed anyone before have they?

And just to give a few more examples, having compiled a list, you have Reshiram/Zekrom ahead of all other legendaries but Kyumen/Ice Dragon is below all of them?

frostwind brought up Staraptor outclassing Pidgeot, but now Kenhorou has beat that. Then you have all the crab-like Pokes being beaten by the ground crab. The elemental monkeys beating the 3 stage Nidos and perhaps most telling of all, all the standalones like Emonga and the owl-ray seem to outclass all previous similar standalones.

edit: Also maybe a better comparison that the monkeys which are clearly made with the 3V3 game in mind are like leagues ahead of the Plusle/Minun Volbeat/Illumise 'gimmicks' of Gen 3.

I would not firmly believe the newer pokes are outclassing the older ones until the game comes out. The bugs are evident though- bug has been a weak type and I think GF wants to let its fans know that bug can be a great type if given the chance. As for the birds, I say wait and see for the real thing before we jump to conclusions. Numbers can only say so much, but they are not the same as playing the actual game as itself.

I personally did not find these pokes too great... sure maybe their attacks and special attacks are super powered, but their defenses are not so great (in all of them). There is a balance of stats... it just seems like more pokes are based off of attack than defense and this is why people may be thinking they are too powerful. Personally I like better special defense.

@seyche

I'm not sure when, unfortunately. I know the internet is waiting with baited breath for a ROM to pull apart for the data and the likes. My copies of the games won't be here until Monday (woe! :( ) since Australia doesn't get post on the weekends, but even then I'll honestly be too absorbed playing.

However, it's out in Japan tomorrow for everyone to get and play, so there will likely be a slew of information about things we've all wanted to know soon enough as more people play it.

re: Reshiram/Zekrom - Japan seems to like doing this with the Legendaries recently. You'll notice the same thing happens in the Sinnoh dex where it goes Dialga/Palkia/Heatran/Giratina. The only correlation those guys ended up having together was Heatran was in movie 12 with the other dragons, but it did make a split. Between that pattern and the fact the design of it looks like a pure cross between Reshiram and Zekrom, it'd be safe to say it'll be the eventual third-leg mascot. As for other Legendaries after them? Same pattern again. Other miscellaneous legendaries and event legendaries get lopped to the back of the dex. Legends start with the trios, then moves on to the others.

I love the hydra... ffff... I love a lot of them.
Hmm, so a friend of mind recently gave my Pokemon pokerus, so... do they still keep that status if I transfer them over to the new game? (stupid question? )

If GF wanted weaker types to be boosted, WHERE'S THE LOVE FOR GRASS!? Jaroda's stats are just unacceptable

I think a nice amount of this pokemon are very good ones (hydra, turtle, the ghost/ground golem, the starters...), some are plain weird (the dark/fighting guy...), others are good but have lazy development (cell pokemon pre-evos) and some are just stupid (An ICE-CREAM?! REALLY?! I thought pokemon were supposed to be like animals and ice-cream is just...).

But I'd like to ask if anybody has done the types statistics? It seems there are lots of fighting and psychic, and I'd like to see the numbers (because I get lost in this countings and I'm just lazy).

There are more Grass types than any other in this Generation, most of the others are...decent enough =)

Grass - 20
Flying - 18
Bug - 18
Water - 17
Normal - 17
Dark - 16
Psychic - 15
Fire - 15
Fighting - 15
Steel - 12
Electric - 11
Ground - 11
Rock - 10
Dragon - 10
Ghost - 9
Poison - 7
Ice - 7

Jaroda's arms, for anyone who couldn't see them/didn't notice:
ithasarms.png

On another point, I'm happy with the amount of dragons, I also don't mind Jaroda's stats; still going to use him. The fact looker and cynthia are in the games is rather interesting, fresh start was probably just for the beginning of the games.

Back