(1) 'Black' and 'White' Prerelease Leaks! [9/16]

@Pokemontage: Alakazam's "glory" has been reduced. Get over it. If you hate what GF has done, then go back to R/B/Y.

Alright, I am ripping the sprites now. I hope to have each and every one of them done by the end of the weekend, the latest.

Meguroko's line is amazing! So is Mijumaru's! I am not the biggest fan of Tsutaaja (or Tsutarja, I honestly don't know. >.<) not being dual-typed, but Pokabu IS, but I'll get over it. :p I can't wait to get these games! And congrats to Belle for being champion! I'd like to see more sidequests, and possible downloadable ones for the 5th gen, like the sage quest.

Yeah, Waburiaru, I couldn't remember his name haha.

And ShayminSky, wow, you are a deity for ripping the sprites! I can't wait! I knew it was only a matter of time before someone did it, but I wasn't expecting it this soon =D

@Pokemontage: Alakazam's "glory" has been reduced. Get over it. If you hate what GF has done, then go back to R/B/Y.

There was no reason to take away Alakazam's title as the ultimate special attacker in terms of its base Special Attack, especially by something as silly as a chandelier. It doesn't make sense.

For another comparison - Machamp, the biggest, manliest (despite the 25% female ratio), most muscular Pokemon in the game, the living embodiment of "fighting" who had to wear a power belt just to control itself, now has less attack than a construction worker with a clown nose.

I'm voicing my opinion, it's a perfectly valid opinion, and this is a game. Stop getting so defensive just because you don't like what I have to say. Yeesh.

Some Charizard from outta nowhere: Stealth Rock's not a TM anymore? Whatta relief! My fellow Fire, and Fliers, rejoice! (Shouting LIKE THIS!) YOU DO NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT SWITCHES ANYMORE!
(Cue sound of any Pokemon weak to Rock cheering happily! Their useage will spike in Gen 5!)

Could we all get back on topic, please. I'd hate to close this thread if the arguing keeps going on.

Extra champion details up, and we've got a Charmander sprite!

(Cue sound of any Pokemon weak to Rock cheering happily! Their useage will spike in Gen 5!)

Hate to burst your bubble, but that's not going to stop Pokemon from the 4th generation from coming in and destroying you with their own Stealh Rock (readily available in the Celadon Department Store at an affordable price) :p

Could we all get back on topic, please. I'd hate to close this thread if the arguing keeps going on.
Get back on topic. Remember, please stick to Black and White stuff, nothing else.

I was defending my opinion about the stats of Shanderaa, a recently revealed Pokemon. The base stats of the new Generation V Pokemon are part of the Pre-release Leaks, which is the topic of the thread indicated by the thread title. Not seeing how that is off topic.

Pokerus is a rare status condition that doubles the amount of EV's your Pokemon earns from a battle (example: Normally, defeating a Zubat gives you 1 Speed EV, but Pokerus will result in the Pokemon earning 2 Speed EVs).

It can spread to other Pokemon, but each Pokemon can only get it once.

The effect never wears off though, just becomes impossible to spread further.
All the pokemon are beautiful.
Bell is the champ first time but isreplaced. Isnt that princess from the battle fronteir a elite four user?
Think the stats are really good, and although seamonkey evo is a little weird, i really like the other 2.
Also, great amount of storyline. Want to find the sages now and go underwater. Almost done making my team now that ive seen how great crookodile becomes. Just need movesets.

Adeku's the new champion? I thought after defeating Belle, we would become the Champion.

@Volcanflame: New Pokerus? No, its just the effect. After your Pokemon is cured, it will leave a smiley face on your Pokemon. But the effects will still linger.

Is that the new Pokerus?

No, that's the way it's always been. Technically, a Pokemon will get cured of the virus, meaning that it loses the "PKRS" status and cannot spread it to any other Pokemon, but the effects of the virus still remain (the EV's gained are still doubled).

Guys, I was talking about the line I quoted in my previous post. In my understanding (I'm an idiot, FYI), I thought he said Pokerus never wears off and cannot spread anymore [in this gen]. I know perfectly how Pokerus works, unfortunately.

Speaking of the new Champion and Stealth Rock, his Urugamosu is quite impressive, with a total base stat of 550 (FYI, Snorlax Blissey and Gyarados all have a total base stat of 540). In addition, its line is the last non-legendaries line before the legendaries (placed after the pseudo Dragon-Dark line), which may show some special status... However, its Bug-Fire typing will suffer BADLY with a layer of Stealth Rock on battle field (50% of full HP even switching in full health). Not very threatening IMO.

Back