(1) 'Black' and 'White's' Legendary Mascots: Zekrom, Reshiram [5/28]

SPRING OF 2011?!

i just died. i can't wait that long! Do they think i have the patience of a SAINT?!

InuMimi said:
aside from coloration, i don't see anything remotely close to the red eyes black dragon and blue eyes white dragon in these 2 pokemon. yes, these 2 legendaries certainly are different. and, i know a lot of people like them, and some people don't like them for whatever reason these people have. but, i don't really think comparing them to less-successful franchises such as yu-gi-oh or digimon is quite fair. you see, pokemon is "evolving," if you will; it is changing. if they created pokemon that look like the originals, then what's the point? it gets boring after a while. why do you think pachirisu doesn't have too many fans? because it's just a pikachu look-alike. having pokemon look different is great, i think. if i want strictly old pokemon designs, then i'll just go play blue.
I personally don't think pachirisu/ pikachu is a good argument, because I think they could keep the same style, but just get new ideas.

for example, pachirisu was uncreative because it was just another electric rodent, whereas, if we kept the same good ol' style they had in the 90's, but used new Idea's, like say a water buffalo or zebra pokémon, it would be a lot better. we don't have to go ripping off yu-gi-oh

It's probably going to take long for the U.S. version to come out, because they have to change all the Japanese to English and stuff like that. I can't wait till the games actually do come out and also the series and I really want to know what the roles of the legendaries might be in the series and games.

kaorusquee said:
Reshiram looks kinda fox-ish to me, and Zekrom looks like a Garchomp droid!
Also, Reshiram... reshi, for anyone who watches Bleach? Could that mean it's a spirit?

I believe it's Reishi

Ice Arceus said:
I haven't decided which one to buy yet, but I think I'll probably go for Black.

Haha, if you like Zekrom, he's in White Version.

So, is the 3rd game going to be gray version?

anyway the new legendaries look great. they look a lot more detailed and fluent than previous ones.

reshiram looks so fake :p, looks like another crazy evolution for togepi
zekrom looks cool for a legendary
In game, reshiram wil probably be the fastest and zekrom the strongest

Now this is a big surprise! The version mascots for Pokemon Black and White have been revealed, and man do they look awesome. It is quite odd that Reshiram, being in a white color, is in Pokemon Black, and Zekrom, although black in color, appears in Pokemon White. Regardless, this is quite a creative twist. I bet that both will likely be opposing with each other, so that could explain why they appear in different games that correspond with their color.

Well, these legendaries look pretty cool all right. Man, I really wish Black and White will come out right now because we just seem to be getting tons of cool stuff from these games.

LORDY JONES said:
I personally don't think pachirisu/ pikachu is a good argument, because I think they could keep the same style, but just get new ideas.

for example, pachirisu was uncreative because it was just another electric rodent, whereas, if we kept the same good ol' style they had in the 90's, but used new Idea's, like say a water buffalo or zebra pokémon, it would be a lot better. we don't have to go ripping off yu-gi-oh

it's a perfectly fine argument, thanks. using the same concept (pikachu) from the original generation to make another pokemon (pachirisu) is exactly what this is about. some people hate these 2 new legendaries because they think they look "yu-gi-oh-ish"...they want pokemon that look like they should fit in, meaning pokemon with the older style. however, i doubt people would be pleased with a zebra pokemon in the "good ol' style they had in the 90's" because it'll still look different from the originals. how would you describe the "good ol' style they had in the 90's" anyway? pokemon with a pretty basic design?
bottom line is, these new pokemon are unique in that they have creative and complex designs, and some people are bound to hate them because they are different. i personally think these 2 pokemon are great. and like i've said before, if i wanted the old pokemon style, i'll just go play a gen I game.

Maybe there is some hope for the 5th generation after all! Reshiramu looks so cool with the lucario-like face and the angelic/avian wings and other features. I actually like the hands on the ends of the wings too. Zekuromu looks way too much like a black Palkia though... I really hope this is a good indicator for a light type, because if not, I'm going to be pretty upset. It might not be called light in Japanese, but something else like "good" or "peace" type to serve as an opposite to the "aku" (evil/wicked) type that the US calls dark. A light angel and a dark demon/dragon would be amazing. I just really hope they don't cop out and make Reshiramu another boring normal or dragon type, but I'm not sure what else it could be.

Personally my favorite is Reshiram, but has any one noticed the similarity in Reshirams face? Suicune anyone?

Blizzz said:
Personally my favorite is Reshiram, but has any one noticed the similarity in Reshirams face? Suicune anyone?

Reshiram looks majestic. Im sure alot of people thought Dialga and Palkia looked like digimon. But the look grows on ya, for some people.

I have not yet read the rest of the thread, but is there any speculation as to what aspect of nature these guys will represent? I think light and dark might be too cliche and obvious, not to mention we already have Cresselia and Darkrai in the Fourth Generation.

I personally hate them if you look closely the black ones bottom half highly resembles that of palkias. Imo these look like pokemon someone has faked and not ones that are official. They are more detailed but not colour wise they are so plain.

Now we have a Space-God Goat, so what is left? A Doggy-Style Poke and a mesh of the last main legends meshed together and spraypainted black.
Game Freak has run out of ideas.

They're never going to please everybody, but just as with the starters, they should grow on most of us.

I for one think they look pretty cool. I think Reshiram will follow a more defensive stat-pool while Zekrom looks to me like it'll have amazing offensive capabilities.

The only complaint I have is Reshiram's patch of fur on the crotch, but I had the same issue with Zoroark so I suppose I'll get over it. XD

It'll take time for people to get used to the new Pokemon. I didn't really like the Sinnoh starters, but then I got used to them, it will just take time to get used to the new legendary Pokemon.

Alexmon said:
Now we have a Space-God Goat, so what is left? A Doggy-Style Poke and a mesh of the last main legends meshed together and spraypainted black.
Game Freak has run out of ideas.

LMAO, Space god goat? Nice. I would think people whould think the Reshiram is the meshed up one. But they both look cool to me.

Err, Satoshi Tajiri came up with about 1,000 ideas for Pokémon in the beginning.

Anyway...something tells me these will be the new Pokémon revealed on Pokémon Sunday and not something completely different.

I really want them to be related to arceus (since they are -or look like- angels and arceus is the god) and I also think their types may be: Ground for Zekrom (because of its drill-like tail) and Flying for Reshiram to represent the fight between the underworld and heaven

Back