(1) 'Black' and 'White's' Legendary Mascots: Zekrom, Reshiram [5/28]

danieldeoxys said:
I really want them to be related to arceus (since they are -or look like- angels and arceus is the god) and I also think their types may be: Ground for Zekrom (because of its drill-like tail) and Flying for Reshiram to represent the fight between the underworld and heaven

Personally I thought the tail looked more like the turbine engine of a jet to me XD

But now that you mention drill-tail, I had this silly idea in my mind that Zekrom was like an uber evolved form of...

"What? Dunsparce is Evolving!"

"RAHWWWWWWWWWWWWWR"

"Congratulations!"

Reshiram's tail looks the best in my opinion. I think Zekrom's tail is a bit too fat.

Redneck said:
Personally I thought the tail looked more like the turbine engine of a jet to me XD

But now that you mention drill-tail, I had this silly idea in my mind that Zekrom was like an uber evolved form of...

"What? Dunsparce is Evolving!"

"RAHWWWWWWWWWWWWWR"

"Congratulations!"

It has to beat arceus to evolve. I like reshiram tail more. It looks like wind coming through it. Zekrom is like a cool drill.

To me, both tails are weird. Zekrom's just matches him more in my opinion. I don't like Reshiram.

Zekroms waist is just like palkia!

Reshiram and Zekrom dont look like pokemon. But remember when we first saw groudon and kyogre.

This is gonna be the game that we have been waiting for since the end of gen 2.

Gen 4 was good, but It was still like getting ready for the next big leap in quality, black and white...

They are a bit wierd for english names. Check pokemon. com...

Shoday we zhal reveal zhe new legendari poketto muuntas. These are
Hingtongtou and
Parururururugagountita

Duh hello? Can I spek to de translation team?

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!hahahahaha finally a legendary pokemon that i cant wait to catch!!!! omg this has made my decision!!!! i am deff getting black!!!!!!

theatrebabe said:
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!hahahahaha finally a legendary pokemon that i cant wait to catch!!!! omg this has made my decision!!!! i am deff getting black!!!!!!

Just to be sure, Do want Reshirom or Zekrom lol. People are getting Black and White mixed up.

InuMimi said:
aside from coloration, i don't see anything remotely close to the red eyes black dragon and blue eyes white dragon in these 2 pokemon. yes, these 2 legendaries certainly are different. and, i know a lot of people like them, and some people don't like them for whatever reason these people have. but, i don't really think comparing them to less-successful franchises such as yu-gi-oh or digimon is quite fair. you see, pokemon is "evolving," if you will; it is changing. if they created pokemon that look like the originals, then what's the point? it gets boring after a while. why do you think pachirisu doesn't have too many fans? because it's just a pikachu look-alike. having pokemon look different is great, i think. if i want strictly old pokemon designs, then i'll just go play blue.

You are completely incorrect.

Whether Reshiram and Zekrom are inspired upon Yu-Gi-Oh! monsters is nothing but talk since the majority of people cannot pin-point specific monsters aside from the flawed BEWD and REBD argument, but saying that "Pokémon cannot derive inspiration from other franchises because they do not generate as much money" is just so incredibly ridiculous.

So many Pokémon are based upon outside sources. Take Yanmega, Crawdaunt, Rhydon and Nidoking for example. These Pokémon without a doubt bear uncanny similarities with classic kaijus Meganulon, Ebirah, Moguera and Baragon respectively. Do Toho Studios generate as much income as The Pokémon Company? No.

The Pachirisu comparison is incorrect as well. The point of a good design is to stand out, be gracious, simple and not convoluted. Can you tell at first glance and with few words what the majority of Generation 4's legendaries, Gallade, Lickilicky, Luvdisc and Swalot are supposed to be? These are the epitome of terrible designing. Pachirisu does not have a good design because it does not stand out from a much superior design which is Pikachu (same as Minum and Plusle).

Pokémon is changing, yes. But many of these new designs leave so much to be desired. Scientists have identified more than 2 million species and an endless amount of creative combinations yet they feel the need to create these potpourri creatures.

gacs said:
You are completely incorrect.

Whether Reshiram and Zekrom are inspired upon Yu-Gi-Oh! monsters is nothing but talk since the majority of people cannot pin-point specific monsters aside from the flawed BEWD and REBD argument, but saying that "Pokémon cannot derive inspiration from other franchises because they do not generate as much money" is just so incredibly ridiculous.

So many Pokémon are based upon outside sources. Take Yanmega, Crawdaunt, Rhydon and Nidoking for example. These Pokémon without a doubt bear uncanny similarities with classic kaijus Meganulon, Ebirah, Moguera and Baragon respectively. Do Toho Studios generate as much income as The Pokémon Company? No.

The Pachirisu comparison is incorrect as well. The point of a good design is to stand out, be gracious, simple and not convoluted. Can you tell at first glance and with few words what the majority of Generation 4's legendaries, Gallade, Lickilicky, Luvdisc and Swalot are supposed to be? These are the epitome of terrible designing. Pachirisu does not have a good design because it does not stand out from a much superior design which is Pikachu (same as Minum and Plusle).

Pokémon is changing, yes. But many of these new designs leave so much to be desired. Scientists have identified more than 2 million species and an endless amount of creative combinations yet they feel the need to create these potpourri creatures.

This will blow over somewhat sooner or later. Im sure people remember the Groudon/Kyogre and Dialga/Palkia reveals.

Well... "they look more like digimon" - that's what I first thought when I saw them. But they look really cool. Although, despite what people are saying, I think Dialga & Palkia are better.

I prefer Zekrom over Reshiram although I also think its legs are too similar to Palkia's.

I hope Zekrom to be Dark/Dragon and I also expect them to finally introduce the Light type... I think its strange they didn't reveal their types. I like that they look like angels & demons.

I just wonder if the 3rd version will be Pokémon gray and what will the 3rd Pokémon look like?

Reshiram's design seems to be inspired by clouds - mostly on the head- with a turbine-like tail puffing a white trail of smoke from what almost looks like an exhaust pipe of some kind. It has bird-like features in the form of wings, claws and talons and there are several pearly rings. The Pokemon is entirely white and seems to represent a purity or light - it's flying silhouette might even appear a bit angelic if it tucked it's legs in.

Possible types, in my opinion could be pure Light, Light / Flying, Light / Dragon or - if they don't introduce a "Light" type, then maybe another Dragon / Flying. :| I guess a Normal type would be alright too - we've already two (?) Normal Legendaries (Regigigas, Arceus).

Zekrom's design seems to be inspired by dark-clouds - mostly on the head - with a jet engine-like tail that's edged with spikes and comes to an almost drill-like point. It has gargoyle-like features in the form of clawed hands and feet, body armor, and wings on both his back and extending from his forearms. The Pokemon is entirely black and seems to represent a darkness or evil - it's flying sillouette might even appear a bit like a... bumble bee?

Possible type, in my opinion could be pure Dark, Dark / Steel, Dark / Dragon or maybe something completely unexpected like Dark / Ground (unlikely). I think this would be the perfect time to introduce a Light/Holy/Good type to offset the obviously Dark/Evil/Bad-typed Zekrom.

Also, I love these designed BTW. Really neat!

Annihilator27 said:
This will blow over somewhat sooner or later. Im sure people remember the Groudon/Kyogre and Dialga/Palkia reveals.

This has nothing to do with it. Dialga and Palkia were awful when they were first revealed and they are STILL awful today; you cannot warm up to a terrible design.

As for Groudon and Kyogre, these two were fantastic. Mythological creatures with details that exemplify their polarity? Yes, these are good designs.

Edit:

Spherical Aura said:
Everyones complaining when we should be excited about legends that are this cool.

Just so you know, people have opinions. If everyone shared the same opinion then forums would not exist.

I'm going to get Pokemon White because, first, I have two " first" games already (games that are said first( example: Diamond, Pearl, Platinum))(Diamond, and Heartgold). Second, I agree that Zekrom looks cool. That is why I am going to get Pokemon White.
About the types, they're probably going to be these:
Zekrom: Dark/Dragon
Reshiram: Light/Dragon

They look cool and everything, but it doesn't feel like Pokemon.

My first impression of it was like some kind of dragon monster from another game.

gacs said:
This has nothing to do with it. Dialga and Palkia were awful when they were first revealed and they are STILL awful today; you cannot warm up to a terrible design.

As for Groudon and Kyogre, these two were fantastic. Mythological creatures with details that exemplify their polarity? Yes, these are good designs.

Edit:

Spherical Aura said:
Everyones complaining when we should be excited about legends that are this cool.
Just so you know, people have opinions. If everyone shared the same opinion then forums would not exist.

True in a way, I was just saying(Earlier post of mine) how some people thought they look like digimon or other things. But it grew on some people. You cant speak for everyone.

Wow.

These look awesome! I love the black one. The whole scary, dark dragon looks great. The white one is cool, but I don't like the arms. Either way, awesome!

Back