(1) Burger King Promos [7/6]

I'm not even going to buy their food because that gives them money to further continue the junk and make more stores... but I can steal one from a smaller kid. P.S. I gave up fast food 8 months ago when I watched supersize me.

You're a trooper WPM. Well, as long as pokemon cards are involved, I'll eat there.

Salmonella here I come. ;_;

lol i don't think i want to eat fast food, because of mcdonalds i became fat in my childhood and i don't want that to get reapeated now... i guess i will buy ONE and hope i get the lucario... or ask my friends little 5-yr old brother who can eat as much junk and never get fat...

by the way, kids meals are not as health-damaging as the other food there, because it's smaller portions, according to supersize me... and my friend went to bk yesterday and there where only those hulk toys there, are they going to make a commercial for the pokemon toys?? that would be cool.

is subway healthy?? because i loove subway...

Subway gives out hoagies and other things like that. Then again, anything is healthier than Burger Kings.

True, true. Fast food ruins your health. I stopped eating at McDonalds one day when i got very, very sick from it (i almost fainted). Recently, by lack of options i had to eat at it again, and woke up the following morning feeling sick one more time. Fast food fails.

Burger King MIGHT be a bit healthier than McDonalds. Dunno, never ate there.

I could do a little sacrifice *if* the toys ever come to Brazil to get a Lucario, or ask my uncle to get one for me. And oh, i wonder if that Pachirisu is GE Pachirisu. Then heck, i'm getting that.

It brings back memories of going to the Bk where my old house used to be by. I remember I had the sandshrew key toy :D and then after the pokemon 2000 movie, i remember having the moltres, and zapdos toys. Oh! and the mini-gameboy color which a butterfree in it and a sentret cartridge I actually still have it! Regarding health, since im vegetarian, i only eat the fries.... which are way better than mcdonalds...

Have you people forgotten everything? The least trustable thing are the advertisements companies make, and just because Subway sandwiches are showing off that Jared Fogel story, the "Eat Fresh" slogan, and that it's from a company called Doctor's Associates doesn't mean that Subway is the healthiest chain around. Like I said, a footlong tuna sandwich--with nothing else added--will still contain more fat than a Whopper. Keep eating tuna sandwiches at Subway, and you too will end up like Morgan Spurlock. (Yes, I have seen Super Size Me. Just like Michael Moore, Spurlock greatly distorts the truth for the sake of entertainment, such as showing things out of chronological order.) Really, a Subway sandwich will contain at least a quarter pound of meat (unless you're getting the Veggie Delite or the Veggie Max, of course), and no matter what animal it comes from or how you make it ready for consumption, meat is meat: Full of saturated fat and cholesterol. To boot, each loaf of bread contains 7 or 8 grams of fat. You are doing your health no favors by eating at Subway unless you're picking the vegetarian subs, which is what Jared did--eating a small amount of Veggie Delites each day for about a year. Of course, you can trim yourself down eating a tiny amount of food from any place while working out a lot.

As mentioned earlier, Nintendo allied with Burger King for the reason that kids would much rather eat hamburgers than anything else, and McDonald's is already having its hands full with the Disney deal (where McDonald's gets exclusive rights to kids' meal toys themed on Disney franchises, a contract that's been in place since 1995), Wall•E having just been released in theaters. Nintendo and Burger King also has good rapport, since Pokémon toys were previously released at Burger King with tremendous success. As a matter of fact, there has only been one time I've ever seen a Burger King more crowded than when they were giving out Pokémon toys, and that was the day Burger King gave out free fries to anyone who walks in the door. Nintendo toys have previously been given out at McDonald's (for Super Mario Bros. 3 and The Legend of Zelda), Wendy's (for Mario Party 3), and Taco Bell (for Mario Kart 64), where none were as big a success as when Nintendo partnered with Burger King. It's all in the money.

Not like Subway isn't underhanded either though...I don't understand how people can call Subway some sort of hero among fast food companies, because it does the same cutthroat tactics as any other fast food place, perhaps even more so because of its aggressive expansion that forces other sandwich companies out of business. Quizno's is the only sandwich chain that continues to expand within Subway's presence. (Don't count on Quizno's picking up Pokémon toys anytime in the near future, however, as Quizno's is deliberately aimed at adults. I've never seen a licensed product coming from the QuizKids meal.)

Oh yeah, and in my opinion, the best fries come from In-N-Out Burger, which you probably won't see for a long long time unless you live in or visit the American Southwest. (The reason why is because its meat is never frozen--its restaurants can't be too far away from its HQ in southern California.)

And the other thing: Chicken Fries are very long and very skinny chicken tenders Burger King introduced in 2006. It's held in a paper container that can fit in a car's cup holder, and its lid has a hole for the dipping sauce. Chicken Fries are a big success and is one of the few items recently introduced to still be on the menu. I'm surprised you've never heard of them, WPM, as even if you don't go to Burger King, Chicken Fries have been extensively advertised on TV and on billboards ever since they appeared on the Burger King menu.

I saw the ad for the toys today in the US. It was ridiculous. Some dude comes over in a knight's costume and wants to learn how to play pokemon tcg. The kids tell him to use Pokemon cards like Pikachu or Chimchar. Then Knighty says it's time to battle! Then they all sat down. One kid pointed a Turtwig card at Knighty and said Tackle. Knighty got scared out of his pants.

why are people acting dumb. as long as you don't get something filled with meat you'll lose weight. I go to subway every day and I've lost weight. 4 pounds to be exact. a whopper at burger king has around 50 grams of fat and over 1000 calories! a big mac has over 900 calories! at least subway doesn't put chemicals in your food to make you crave it. at least subways food isn't packaged and sent through the mail.

I guess I'm the only one here who likes Burger King. The only card I'm interested in is the Lucario, but I'm sure I'll be eating there more often since I have a summer job with a tree trimming service and Burger King isn't too far away. And I can always tell the other guys the toy is for my brother. :)

pikachu1246 said:
why are people acting dumb. as long as you don't get something filled with meat you'll lose weight. I go to subway every day and I've lost weight. 4 pounds to be exact. a whopper at burger king has around 50 grams of fat and over 1000 calories! a big mac has over 900 calories! at least subway doesn't put chemicals in your food to make you crave it. at least subways food isn't packaged and sent through the mail.

Except that a footlong tuna contains about 65 grams of fat. That's 685 calories from fat, and the large amounts of carbohydrates form the bread and protein from the fish should push it easily into the four-digit range. A footlong Italian BMT contains about 900 calories as well. Just because Subway constantly advertises low-fat and low-calorie stuff doesn't mean the rest of the menu is like that; in order to get to those low numbers, you must order the sandwiches in a very specific way. You can't always listen to connotations and certainly not advertisements or promotions trying to convince you to a certain point of view. (Of course, going by that statement, you shouldn't take my words too seriously either and do your own research independent of the companies.)

In fact, most people put mayonnaise on their sandwiches, which adds an extra 16 grams of fat onto a footlong. (That is 144 additional calories through fat alone--a footlong Italian BMT with mayonnaise, then, is less healthy than a Big Mac.) Putting in avocado adds even more, though I'm not sure by how much.

You're losing weight because you're eating small amounts of Subway sandwiches, just as Jared did. Eat small amounts of hamburgers every day while working out a lot, and you'll still lose weight. It's simply logic: By reducing the amount of calories you consume and expending a lot of it through exercise, you'll lose weight, as long as you spend more than you take it.

I don't know what you're talking about regarding chemicals and mail. All fast food chains ship their food in large quantities through trucks, and Subway, McDonald's, and Burger King all do the same. All are huge companies (Subway actually being larger worldwide than Burger King) and can afford to have their own fleet of trucks. The chemicals used in hamburger restaurants are the same as those you'll find in Subway sandwiches: preservatives, salts (including MSG), vitamin enrichments, artificial colors, and enzymes. I've read ingredients lists for all three of these chains, and there is nothing put in them to invoke a psychological effect. The only thing present in these restaurants that do such a thing is caffeine in the sodas and coffee, which the chains buy from other companies anyway. (It's pretty hypocritical of you to sy that hamburger chains put stuff in to make you crave their food when you seem to be disturbingly loyal to Subway.)

Never buy into the obvious. Always look beneath the surface and question everything and everyone.

Yeah mcdonalds and everything else(except subway) put chemicals in their foods to make you crave it. I do research.

If you never heard exactly what they are, how can you tell for sure what it does? Where did you find this out? I get my information from the ingredients lists as put together by the FDA. These restaurants are required by law to distribute them to anyone who requests one.

McDonald's > Burger King. Actually anything is > than BK. ;f

Just ask for the cards/toys guys. You'll still have to pay the price of a meal, but you won't have to eat. Idk why anyone would want those cards though...

dmaster out.

Then I'll just not do that because I'm giving them money to keep on spreading their corp and make america the most obese country in the world which it already is from over eating fast food.

You can say that abut McDonald's and Burger King, but are you aware you're also doing it for Subway? Subway is also a "huge corporation," and as I said before, it does its own share of dirty tactics, like anticompetitive spreading and misleading advertisement. It's simply largely free from any negative connotations thanks to its good relations with the public at large. (Nintendo is a huge corporation too, for the record, which has also done some underhanded things in the past.)

There is really no escaping them though, considering we live in a capitalist world, unless you choose to move to a developing country where there isn't as strong a pull. When you break from one corporation, you end up joining another.

Back