(1) Burger King Promos [7/6]

I'm gonna end up just buying the freaking cards from them! :D Deck boxes sound pretty cool though...

I love Burger King, and I'm surprised nobody else here is defending it. And everyone complaining about health is either a wuss or has a ridiculously frail immune system. :mad:

Also, the whole 'DURR HURR I'M INDEPENDENT BECAUSE I DON'T BUY INTO FAST FOOD AND CAPITALISM JUST LIKE ALL THE OTHER KOOL KIDZ' attitude in this thread is really annoying. :/

Geez Burger King isn't that bad if you eat healthy anyway. I love Pokemon and will enjoy going to get those cards and stuff. I'm going today in fact :)

Btw don't blame the companies blame the parents that help their children to make those unhealthy decisions and get into those habits. It's okay once and a while (I haven't had BK in a LONG TIME. Not since like last year. I miss it lol XP)

Yeah, I was here to talk about cards...? Seriously. Whats with the food discussion. Everyone makes their own choices, so who cares what anyone else eats?

If you don't care what other people eat, then why would you care about discussion of it? :p

i was watching TV and i saw one of the pokemon burger kign commercials.. i feel sorry for pokemon to pair up with "a fast food resturant." :p

I go to subway... but i only eat half of the tuna sub... soo does that have less calories than a whopper? anyways, I went to BK and they still don't have them :( i asked and they said they didn't know when they would arrive :(.

Ugh. That was a bad commercial. But, to them, this is like every other promotion they do, with a very little kid appeal, little kids who don't get tired of the same jokes (like what Disney does)

To say which restaurant is better,
Everything is good in moderation
Of course, there are differences in how much...

Why is everyone attacking Burger King? It's not like the commercials are real. The King doesn't just show up in your house with a freakin' whopper on a plate, does he? Anyways, I'm kinda ticked, since my Burger King doesn't start the promotion until tomorrow.

Don Pianta said:
Why is everyone attacking Burger King? It's not like the commercials are real. The King doesn't just show up in your house with a freakin' whopper on a plate, does he? Anyways, I'm kinda ticked, since my Burger King doesn't start the promotion until tomorrow.
Maybe because Burger King exploits workers, busts unions, spews ignorance towards the native religions of those in countries they are lucky enough to operate in, treats their animals poorly, suing and destroying local businesses, etc... Just because I am not forced to eat the food does not mean that everyone should remain apathetic.

I'm pretty sad that Pokemon always seems to do joint ventures with BK. But hey, at least it's not McDonald's, right? Coupling products like this always ushers stupid children and their parents straight into these little meticulously organized cesspools.
airconditioning said:
I love Burger King, and I'm surprised nobody else here is defending it. And everyone complaining about health is either a wuss or has a ridiculously frail immune system. :mad:

Also, the whole 'DURR HURR I'M INDEPENDENT BECAUSE I DON'T BUY INTO FAST FOOD AND CAPITALISM JUST LIKE ALL THE OTHER KOOL KIDZ' attitude in this thread is really annoying. :/
Being educated and anti-capitalist has nothing to do with being a "kool kid" or avoiding the flock (or being a communist, for that matter). It's an economic, personal, and moral choice. People that are against enormous corporate entities generally don't do it just to be cool; I have a feeling most of the members of this website are relatively well informed, just for the record.

It is not worth going for because they are reprinted cards with a D/P stamp. That is the only difference. At first I thought they were promos but they are just reprints. Now if Nintendo Power did one of each card a month I would not mind because they have not had any card promos since November of 2002 I think.:)

Water Pokémon Master said:
Are you a chubba wubba child?

Mildly, but that's due mostly to inactivity rather than eating fast food a few times a month. :mad:

Don Pianta said:
Why is everyone attacking Burger King? It's not like the commercials are real. The King doesn't just show up in your house with a freakin' whopper on a plate, does he?

That's actually a good reason to attack Burger King, though. I want to wake up with the King, and Burger King won't let me. :(

Don Pianta said:

If the king did show up at my house with a whopper on a plate, i'd go more often. that'd be awesome.

ZZZAPDOS said:
Maybe because Burger King exploits workers,
Are they putting people in chains and forcing them to work? Don't think so. Don't think they treat workers fairly? Then how about you don't work at Burger King?
busts unions,
You really need a union to work at burger king?
spews ignorance towards the native religions of those in countries they are lucky enough to operate in,
No they don't. they even took out the characters that might be offensive to Middle-easterners in the BK Kids club.
treats their animals poorly,
Its meat, get over it.
suing and destroying local businesses,
Only place Burger king has EVER sued is Hungry Jack's, and that's because they violated their contract with Burger king by not opening enough stores.

And I fail to see how this has anything to do with how healthy the food is.

Back