(1) BW5 'Dragon Blade / Dragon Blast' Booster Pack and Theme Deck Images! [12/20]

If I'm not mistaken, in the first image, the pack on the left says "Ryu's Blast" (Dragon's Blast) and the one on the right says "Ryu no Blade" (Dragon's Blade), am I correct?

it's weird seeing all that in katakana; it threw me off for 15 whole seconds

Seeing Giratina on one of the packs fills me with hope that at least the Sinnoh Dragon Trio may be getting EX cards. Fingers are still crossed that Arceus doesn't get skipped again like they did with LEGENDs... D:

I wonder if these main sets (including Rayquaza) mean that there will be no EXs in the Dragon Selection sub-set... Good to see Giratina but I hope its Origin Forme gets an EX too...

I am liking this set already...
I like dragons enough as it is and this is just making me happier :'3

I'm already liking the fact there's a new Hydreigon and Gyrados. However if they're both in theme decks, there's a chance they might not be good. :/

victiniEX said:
Hydragon and grchomp EX ! OMG

Sorry man, but I doubt that those guys are getting EX's. So far only legendaries have gotten the treatment, and it looks to stay that way.

Wicked excited to see Garchomp and Giratina, I want both to be good. Hopefully Gira will get an EX form (it seems likely).

What's the deal with Rayquaza, though? If he's going to be an EX in Dragon Selection, then why is he featured here? Unless DS doesn't have any EX's... But I doubt that they would print a non-EX Rayquaza, and they also have the Lati twins to cater to in that set. Hhmmmmm...

Anyway, this look so cool! Can't wait till we start seeing scans!

I'm really starting like these 'setting based' sets, if all the art on the cards matches the locations on the covers I might have to get them both just so they stay together.

victiniEX said:
Hydragon and grchomp EX ! OMG

1. Hydragon is actualy spelled Hydreigon
2. Only legendaries are EXs. If you read WPM's arcticle, you'd know that the cards in the decks are holos. Also, EXs look different than that. Their artwork comes out of the border. I'm not sure if you thought the decks had EXs, but the sets don't either. Zoroark would have ben an EX in Dark Rush.

Another Rayquaza!? Will Dragon Selection just not have any EXs? I've had enough Rayquaza!!! Giritina is cool, but that Rayquaza.....URGH!

Is it just me, or did Psycho Drive's secret rares show us the TCG future? There was a shiny Zoroark (Dark Rush) and a shiny Hydreigon (Dragon Blast). I'm not sure about Hail Blizzard's secret rares, though.

Hydreigon is awesome! I hope Giratina-EX is in altered form!

@Xous, I think Arceus-EX will be held until the last BW set, that way BW will go out with a boom in the TCG. I also do think Dialga-EX and Palkia-EX will be in the sets. Mayebe (I hope) Dialga-EX in Dragon Blast and Palkia-EX in Dragon Blade? That, or the other way around.

Hmm. Since only Legendaries have been getting the EX treatment, maybe they're extending that to the "Pseudo-legendaries". It would make sense to me, at least. I mean, Tornadus, Raikou, and Entei's BST is 580, Hydreigen and Garchomp's is 600. Only seems fair. Only time will tell.

EeveeLv99 said:
Hmm. Since only Legendaries have been getting the EX treatment, maybe they're extending that to the "Pseudo-legendaries". It would make sense to me, at least. I mean, Tornadus, Raikou, and Entei's BST is 580, Hydreigen and Garchomp's is 600. Only seems fair. Only time will tell.

Huh... That would be cool, but I doubt it. There are two reasons why this is unlikely:

1: Pseudo-legendaries are still not real legendaries, and even if they're powerful it does take away from the "legendary" theme.

2: All pseudo-legendaries are stage 2's. I highly doubt that any stage 2 EX's will be printed, as they would have to have 200+ hp to match the basic EX's and wouldn't really be worth playing unlessnthey are really, really good.

So, that's my bit on the matter. Besides, it seems like some people are forgetting that just because there will be Dragons and Dragon type EX's, there will still be other types. If you look back at Dark Rush (a set based on Dark types and Dark support), it has only 11 total Dark types and 1 Dark type EX (Darkrai). I am positive that Dialga and Palkia will be in these sets, and hopefully Giratina as well, but there will be other EX's. I am 99% sure of it.

The one inconsistency here is Rayquaza. I have no idea why he's on the pack art, being the star of Dragons Selection and all. Not that I don't like Rayquaza (in fact, I love him) but it's really bugging me. Hhmmm...

TacoTurtle said:
Huh... That would be cool, but I doubt it. There are two reasons why this is unlikely:

1: Pseudo-legendaries are still not real legendaries, and even if they're powerful it does take away from the "legendary" theme.

2: All pseudo-legendaries are stage 2's. I highly doubt that any stage 2 EX's will be printed, as they would have to have 200+ hp to match the basic EX's and wouldn't really be worth playing unlessnthey are really, really good.

So, that's my bit on the matter. Besides, it seems like some people are forgetting that just because there will be Dragons and Dragon type EX's, there will still be other types. If you look back at Dark Rush (a set based on Dark types and Dark support), it has only 11 total Dark types and 1 Dark type EX (Darkrai). I am positive that Dialga and Palkia will be in these sets, and hopefully Giratina as well, but there will be other EX's. I am 99% sure of it.

The one inconsistency here is Rayquaza. I have no idea why he's on the pack art, being the star of Dragons Selection and all. Not that I don't like Rayquaza (in fact, I love him) but it's really bugging me. Hhmmm...

Simplest guess is one set will have a Rayquaza print as an EX and one will have a regular print. Or something along the lines of that.

I'm going to say that there will be stage 2 EXs. Why you may ask? Well why not? Sure the frist 4 sets of the Black and White Era don't have them that doesn't mean that there will never be a stage 2 EX. On a side note I have this feeling that there is going to be Regi Trio EX in this set.

Did you guys notice that the theme decks show most of the artwork but not a single bit of the card layout? PCL just like to troll us...

^and you're surprised about this why exactly? You should be used to this by now :p

Guys, I think I have the solution to your problem, and that theory is: Shiny Rayquaza EX!!! :3 It might happen, who knows? (Besides the Pokemon Company of course!) But I love the pack art! Especially the one that's for "Dragon Blast"! Giratina looks EPIC!!! And when teamed up with Hydreigon, it just looks like those two Pokemon were, well, made for each other! I think it looks really good. Then when I looked at "Dragon Blade"'s pack art I was all like:"Is Cynthia coming back?!" But two things are sure: These sets are gonna be AWSOME and I'm excited for Latias EX and Latios EX! Yay for Dragon Type Pokemon!!!:D

Back