(1) 'CoroCoro' Leaking! [9/11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poodle Pokemon!!!!! I knew it was coming! I love how you will be able to trim it's hair.

So, back to Pyroar, haha... What if Pyroar Mega Evolves into the Fire/Poison Manticore that we all want?

Has anyone else noticed how in one of the in-game pictures (right bottom corner of the page with the three middle stages) of Fennekin's evolution, it is holding its tail stick burning like a torch?
Inquisition/witch hunt theme?

The more I look at the three 2nd stage evolutions for the starters, the more I believe that WPM's leaker was right on the money. Froakie's evo definitely looks like it could become water/fighting; kind of like a revamped version of Mienshao in terms of stats. The ability to learn Psycho Cut basically seals the fact that Fennekin will become part-psychic type. It looks to be headed for a fragile, mixed sweeper 3rd stage, kind of like a psychic version of Infernape (no complaints here!) As for Chespin... I think some of you are underestimating the possibilities available. They made its evolution look like a harmless, non-threatening mammal of sorts, as a diversion for it to evolve into a badass grass/dark type wolverine!

Leaf_Ranger said:
Has anyone else noticed how in one of the in-game pictures of Fennekin's evolution, it is holdind its tail stick burning like a torch?

Yeah, and it kinda looks like it is using it as a magic wand. xD
It is probably throwing it but just by looking at its body language... xD

1175143_685098024852004_1811128231_n.jpg

everydayspark said:
Is it just me or VI generation Pokemon look more childish than ever?

Spr_5b_122.png
Spr_5b_190_m.png
Spr_5b_299.png
Spr_5b_399_m.png
Spr_5b_583.png

Pokemon's always had, and will always have, childish doofs.
Disclaimer: I actually like all of these Pokemon.

Also, I really cannot see Chespin's final evolution becoming Grass/Dark with the way it's going now. Bright and cheery appearance? Unusual Rock (Rollout) and Ground (Mud Shot) moves? Yeah, not seeing it. The could do a whole 180 and pull a Dark-type evolution out of nowhere, but starters never suddenly change themes. I'm thinking the leaker made a mistake and meant Grass/Ground or Grass/Rock.

Pyroar... interesting name. Yes, the design is a bit simple, but I think it looks alright. Will probably be the fire type I use for my first run through.

Chespin could honestly evolve into a grass/ground or grass/rock. Though it will most likely be an evil-looking mole-thing with a movepool that includes Rock/Ground moves because it lives underground.

Frezgle said:
everydayspark said:
Is it just me or VI generation Pokemon look more childish than ever?

Spr_5b_122.png
Spr_5b_190_m.png
Spr_5b_299.png
Spr_5b_399_m.png
Spr_5b_583.png

Pokemon's always had, and will always have, childish doofs.
Disclaimer: I actually like all of these Pokemon.

Also, I really cannot see Chespin's final evolution becoming Grass/Dark with the way it's going now. Bright and cheery appearance? Unusual Rock (Rollout) and Ground (Mud Shot) moves? Yeah, not seeing it. The could do a whole 180 and pull a Dark-type evolution out of nowhere, but starters never suddenly change themes. I'm thinking the leaker made a mistake and meant Grass/Ground or Grass/Rock.
Croconaw had a caveman theme but lost it upon evolution

Squirtle->Wartortle had a cool tail theme but abandoned it upon evolution (sadly

It's not impossible for it to gain a dark type, I doubt it though.

Look at it this way: when tepig was first announced, fire/ fighting was far from the type combo we expected (and wanted). It took a complete turn around and gained it.

Similar thing happened with prinplup, the steel typing came out of the blue.

I can't even fathom why all these people are hating on Mewtwo Y and not Mewtwo X... Y looks badass and streamline, like Mewtwo and Buu had a baby. It's design seems very "Psychic" in nature, and it just looks so polished.

Whereas Mewtwo X just looks a little weird, especially the "armor." I like his toes, they make sense, and even his Fighting type can be viewed as Mewtwo tapping into a different part of his potential. Using his mind to augment his physical, not to mention him having the potential chimeric DNA of every Pokemon (though he's probably channeling Machoke in this form), or the fact that Fighting is the opposite of Psychic the Mega Evolution tapped into the inverse of his powers, etc..

You know what? They're both cool. >_<

Anyone else think Froakie's second evolution resembles a newt more than a frog? I hope they don't go that route for his 3rd evo, even though newts are one of my favorite animals, I'd prefer Froakie as a frog.

As for the cats, as far as I understand it Espurr is their baby form (like Burmy), and then Meowstick the evolution, can either be male or female, each a separate Pokemon with their own moveset/model. Or am I wrong?

Sky Pillar said:

Squirtle->Wartortle had a cool tail theme but abandoned it upon evolution (sadly

Look at it this way: when tepig was first announced, fire/ fighting was far from the type combo we expected (and wanted). It took a complete turn around and gained it.

I said themes, not design details. Tepig was unspecialized and only looked like a Fire type so Pignite was annoying, but not nonsensical. You could arguably say that Prinplup looked like it was maybe headed towards Water or Water/Ice, but it doesn't learn any moves that point in that direction. On the contrary; it learns Metal Claw.

Here's my take. Chespin's second form is actually a cocoon of some sorts, and something is really growing inside of it. You know, like from the movie Aliens or something. When Hariboogu evolves, a Grass/Fairy type ballerina with butterfly wings pops out in a gruesome violent manner.

AtmosphericThunder said:
There's now a video revealing Pyroar officially: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/12/pyroar-revealed-for-pokemon-x-and-y

It would seem that Pyroar is a Stage 1, since the site states it evolves from Litleo (I could be wrong, but thats what I got from it). Also, the fact that it learns Echoed Voice could be hinting that it keeps its Fire/Normal typing.

Well, kinda late but I'm leaving my opinions now.

MegaMewtwo X: Meh. I like the other one a lot better, too bad it is exclusively for Pokémon Y since I'm getting X. But it doesn't really matter, I stopped using Legendary Pokémon on my team anyway.
MegaGarchomp: I don't dislike it. Yeah, its jaw-line is quite strange but it will probably grow on us, dunno.
Chespin's evo: I truly hope it is some sort of "cocoon" (not literally) so we can have a proper final evolution. I'm not a fan of egg-shaped bodies but from the fan-art I saw, it kinda looks better quadrupedal. But since it is only its mid-stage I'm still with my hopes up. I don't like Combusken but love the other two, for example.
Fennekin's evo: Sigh... I really wanted it to keep being quadrupedal but anyway... not a fan of the positioning of the twig/branch/wtv, even though I get what they are going with it.
Froakie's evo: It's ironic that this is my favorite evolution from the starters and I didn't like Froakie initially. But it grew on me, maybe the other evolutions will as well.
Espurr/Meowstick: LOVE! I don't even know which one I should choose! =O Probably the female one (white) since it looks more fabulous(!) and if is indeed the aggressive one, perfect!
Fossils: The T-Rex looks cool. The other one is adorable --> Want (but I won't probably use it anyway).
Torimian: I like it better unstylized. But it is a nice gimmicky feature to have. This Gen is all about customization and beauty!
Pyroar: Well, now we have a somewhat typical lion (with a mane). Don't like it or dislike it. It's just okay for me.

Frezgle said:
Sky Pillar said:

I said themes, not design details. Tepig was unspecialized and only looked like a Fire type so Pignite was annoying, but not nonsensical. You could arguably say that Prinplup looked like it was maybe headed towards Water or Water/Ice, but it doesn't learn any moves that point in that direction. On the contrary; it learns Metal Claw.
Well we also can't go off of moves either, charmander and charmeleon don't have any moves pointing it in the direction of a flying-type. It really depends on what defines a dark-type, skorupi becomes one upon evolution, it's not as cheery looking as the chespin Evo but its not malevolent or mischievous looking either same goes for cacnea. Now, neither of those 2 are apart of 3 stage evos, so that sets them apart from chespin.

Keeper of Night said:
AtmosphericThunder said:
There's now a video revealing Pyroar officially: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/12/pyroar-revealed-for-pokemon-x-and-y

It would seem that Pyroar is a Stage 1, since the site states it evolves from Litleo (I could be wrong, but thats what I got from it). Also, the fact that it learns Echoed Voice could be hinting that it keeps its Fire/Normal typing.

It apparently keeps its Fire/Normal typing

I'm assuming Echoed Voice is because its a lion and lions roar, hoping it gets Hyper Voice

It also has Unnerve and Rivalry for abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back