(1) 'CoroCoro' Leaking! [9/11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhh I love Pyroars official art. It obviously isn't a manticore like we had hoped but I'm okay with that. It still looks awesome and it has that certain simplicity we all love. I love the eyes in particular. I don't see this evolving any further, I can maybe see a stage between this and Litleo. I do hope there is a large gender difference.

Baktwerel said:
Hmm I guess I can share my personal opinions regarding the leaks too... okay, here we go!

Mega Garchomp: This thing has "I eat babies!" written all over it's head. I love it's jaws but that's all about it, everything else is "meh" and the white spikes are overdone (poor thing looks like it's wearing an appron with laces <_< Good luck trying to unsee this now!)

Mega Mewtwo X: Uhh...no. It looks Mewtwo-ish I guess, but I personally dislike it's design. Good thing I'm getting Y, I do like Mega Mewtwo Y's design in general.

Torimian: A poodle, huh? Not bad (I was betting on llama xD) I really like it and the idea of customizable Pokémon, though I prefer it unstylised ~

Nyaonikusu: I FREAKIN' LOVE THEM. Especially the male. More Pokémon need gender differences like this duo. Definitely getting one for my team. I also wonder what their shiny forms might look like, if they were to reverse their colors and the female would be dark, I'd totally try to get one and name it after my black cat :D

Chigorasu: HELL YEAH! Thank you, GameFreak! I've always wanted a fossil Pokémon based on either a Tyrannosaurus Rex or some sort of Raptor. Totally picking it's fossil and it'll definitely get a spot in my team! Love the typing too!

Amarusu: Umm...ugh...idk, the design looks like a third rate fakemon's (no offense meant, everyone has different tastes and if you like it, whatever float your boat! :3 ) but I'm glad there is a Sauropod Pokémon now too. Also interesting ability.

Hariboogu:
O_O Chespin my darling, you need to lay off with those poffins! I can only hope the last stage will be awesome and this is just a silly/awkward teenage phase xD Still my starter choice but it will take some time to get used to this stage. I don't hate it...but I don't really love it either.

Teerunaa: I understand those who hoped Fennekin would stay quadrupled and I sort of hoped too, but I actually like it's design! I like the broomstick tail idea too and the fact that it seems to be using the stick as a magic wand in battle.

Gekogashira: I didn't really pay much attention to Froakie until this point but it certainly evolves into something awesome! I love it how it resembles a tree-frog thief. It looks so sly!

Pyroar: Brick me but I was actually hoping for it to become a Fire/Dark or Fire/Poison manticore Pokémon. The colours would have been perfect! Oh well, it's okay I guess (I sorta like the fluff on the hindlegs) except for one thing - the mane. Oh god, it's too big, too awkward shaped... it should be fluffier like a Luxray's, only proportioned right. I really hope the females either have small manes or none at all.

As a side thought, I like it how GameFreak is basing the starters on the holy trinity of RPGs:

hD836C9D4

It makes perfect sense! I just hope Chespin's final stage will look like an actual warrior/knight rather than something...round and chubby?

Those have got to be some of the cutest things I've ever seen. Q.Q

It's a very interesting theory too. One that I think a LOT of people would come to like if it turns out to be true in the final forms. One thing kinda seems set off though... if Chespin is the warrior and Froakie is the thief, shouldnt their types be switched to Water/Dark and Grass/Fighting? I mean I know their types arent set in stone yet but considering the amount of information the leaker has gotten right so far...

Fun fact: When Chestnuts get too big or are roasted, their shell explodes. I have a personal theory that chespin's second evolution looks that way because it is starting to outgrow it's shell and it will eventually explode out of it when it evolves.

TokenDuelist said:
Fun fact: When Chestnuts get too big or are roasted, their shell explodes. I have a personal theory that chespin's second evolution looks that way because it is starting to outgrow it's shell and it will eventually explode out of it when it evolves.

If that happens they should incorporate the explosion in the evolution scene....

I view Chespin as a porcupine with green armor, not as a "chestnut", the only resemblance to that being the name..

I for one think the 3DS X/Y models/art/animation is AMAZING. Have you seen that Crobat wing flapping animation? It blew my mind how realistic it looked. As for the coloring, it's called cel-shading, it's like that for a reason. :p

Zielo said:

It's a very interesting theory too. One that I think a LOT of people would come to like if it turns out to be true in the final forms. One thing kinda seems set off though... if Chespin is the warrior and Froakie is the thief, shouldnt their types be switched to Water/Dark and Grass/Fighting? I mean I know their types arent set in stone yet but considering the amount of information the leaker has gotten right so far...

It's weird, right? Maybe Chespin will become a dark knight and Froakie a...karate...ninja????

Baktwerel said:
Zielo said:

It's weird, right? Maybe Chespin will become a dark knight and Froakie a...karate...ninja??

Well all Ninja's use martial arts. Those bubble-beard shurikens in that one Froakie gif is amazing. :3 <3

I can't help but think Chespin's final form will be Grass/Rock or Grass/Ground though... >_<

Sky Pillar said:
Croconaw had a caveman theme but lost it upon evolution

Squirtle->Wartortle had a cool tail theme but abandoned it upon evolution (sadly

It's not impossible for it to gain a dark type, I doubt it though.

Look at it this way: when tepig was first announced, fire/ fighting was far from the type combo we expected (and wanted). It took a complete turn around and gained it.

Similar thing happened with prinplup, the steel typing came out of the blue.

Piplup and Prinplup definitely are a good example of this. No one saw it happening at all. I wasn't here for the release of gen 4, but I doubt everyone knew Prinplup learned Metal Claw as soon as it was revealed. Everyone probably saw it and thought, "Its definitely going to be Water/Ice!"
I think that Chespin could have a huge turnaround that no one expects (at least, we're not supposed to expect it) and it could end up turning dark on us. I get the feeling that GF knows what they're doing. They knew Chespin came about second in design, they probably know its middle stage would have been unpopular, so I'm almost sure they will make a final stage epic enough to compensate.

TokenDuelist said:

Interesting theory, it would explain the cocoon-like shape it has now. I have high hopes for it coming out of that shell and being awesome in all its glory. :p

I'm going to think outside the box here and pull information out of a place where no person has gone before.

Chespin is Grass/Fairy

Fennekin is Fire/Dark

Froakie is Water/Steel

Yeah yeah.

In case people haven't noticed, Chespin is a Spiny Nut pokemon. From that information, Chespin's final evolution is a tree, whether you like it or not. From that tree, lives a sunshine pixie.

You gotta love my nuts. I heard one of his moves is Slap Chop.

Zielo said:
Sky Pillar said:
Croconaw had a caveman theme but lost it upon evolution

Squirtle->Wartortle had a cool tail theme but abandoned it upon evolution (sadly

It's not impossible for it to gain a dark type, I doubt it though.

Look at it this way: when tepig was first announced, fire/ fighting was far from the type combo we expected (and wanted). It took a complete turn around and gained it.

Similar thing happened with prinplup, the steel typing came out of the blue.

Piplup and Prinplup definitely are a good example of this. No one saw it happening at all. I wasn't here for the release of gen 4, but I doubt everyone knew Prinplup learned Metal Claw as soon as it was revealed. Everyone probably saw it and thought, "Its definitely going to be Water/Ice!"
I think that Chespin could have a huge turnaround that no one expects (at least, we're not supposed to expect it) and it could end up turning dark on us. I get the feeling that GF knows what they're doing. They knew Chespin came about second in design, they probably know its middle stage would have been unpopular, so I'm almost sure they will make a final stage epic enough to compensate.

TokenDuelist said:

Interesting theory, it would explain the cocoon-like shape it has now. I have high hopes for it coming out of that shell and being awesome in all its glory. :p
I'm glad there are other people that give chespin a chance and I am 100% sure what you are saying is true...look at it this way there are so many middle stages that look so different( vigoroth grovyle grotle) so judging by its second form is foolish however some pokemon like pignite got some sort of a shape on the second stage( rises on two legs) and some may fool us( marshtomp it stands on 2 legs yet swampert stands on 4 primarily).

signofzeta said:
I'm going to think outside the box here and pull information out of a place where no person has gone before.

Chespin is Grass/Fairy

Fennekin is Fire/Dark

Froakie is Water/Steel

Yeah yeah.

In case people haven't noticed, Chespin is a Spiny Nut pokemon.

You gotta love my nuts.

If you have to make random type choices, please make them feasible :p

I can actually see Fennekin as Fire/Dark, considering it may have a witch theme.

Bubbling down to Froakie's most logical types (pun intended):
-Water/Fighting - leaker and since pretty much all their info's been confirmed then yea...
-Water/Dark - I wanted it to become a frog burglar, meh
thats pretty much it

Chespin:
-Grass/Ground - do I need to explain this?
-Grass/Rock - see above
-Grass/Dark - leaker, see 1st one on Froakie

Fennekin:
-Fire/Psychic - leaker, witch theme
-Fire/Dark - witch theme
-Fire/Ghost - witch theme

P.DelSlayer said:
signofzeta said:

Chespin is Grass/Fairy

Fennekin is Fire/Dark

Froakie is Water/Steel

Yeah yeah.

In case people haven't noticed, Chespin is a Spiny Nut pokemon.

You gotta love my nuts.

If you have to make random type choices, please make them feasible :p

I can actually see Fennekin as Fire/Dark, considering it may have a witch theme.

Bubbling down to Froakie's most logical types (pun intended):
-Water/Fighting - leaker and since pretty much all their info's been confirmed then yea...
-Water/Dark - I wanted it to become a frog burglar, meh
thats pretty much it

Chespin:
-Grass/Ground - do I need to explain this?
-Grass/Rock - see above
-Grass/Dark - leaker, see 1st one on Froakie

Fennekin:
-Fire/Psychic - leaker, witch theme
-Fire/Dark - witch theme
-Fire/Ghost - witch theme

there you go.

Well to be honest, I didn't really pull this info out of my ass, but I did find this dutch site that sells Pokemon cards, and they seem to have some weird images of the 3 Kalos starter sets, but rather than the ones we have already seen, they have the energy symbols on them dictating what kind of types of pokemon are on each deck. Chespin's deck is Grass, and there is a big black spot hiding something, and I assume the hidden symbol is fairy, because it seems they don't want to reveal the new type yet, although we already know how the new symbol looks like.

There is another image of the kalos starter sets being packaged in the same packaging as the theme decks as well.

How I found these was by searching for "Kalos Starter Set theme deck" through google, and looking at the images.

Are these images fake? I don't know.

http://www.spellendiscounter.nl/931-thickbox_default/pokemon-tcg-xy-kalos-theme-deck.jpg

http://www.spellendiscounter.nl/932-thickbox_default/pokemon-tcg-xy-kalos-deluxe-theme-deck.jpg

I'm stating where I got the idea, and not what will happen to the real deal. Froakie could be anything, as we don't have a basis for what the final evolution is. Everything is speculation, and there is no feasibility here. We can probably narrow down Fennekin's second type, but we don't have any basis for Froakie and Chespin's final evolutions.

Longtime lurker, but just had to chime in:

I think Chespin might turn out to be a goblin (if the grass/dark rumors are true, which they likely are). Its ears, nose and short stature remind me of a goblin's. Also, it'd be a cool twist if the docile looking 2nd stage was actually quite mischievous.

Oh, and it'd still work with this whole medieval concept/monsters concept (if Fennekin is a wizard/witch, and Froakie a rogue/??? (I don't know, he looks like a smooth operator, so maybe a vampire thing (fancy bubble collar).

Sheriff_K said:
I view Chespin as a porcupine with green armor, not as a "chestnut", the only resemblance to that being the name..

I for one think the 3DS X/Y models/art/animation is AMAZING. Have you seen that Crobat wing flapping animation? It blew my mind how realistic it looked. As for the coloring, it's called cel-shading, it's like that for a reason. :p

It's japanese name is a combo of Chestnut and Hedgehog .v.

also am I the only one who notices Chespin's evo's arms are sticking out of the former hole it had on it's hoodie? makes me think chespin's evo is lurching forward a bit under there.

h2C3B6C2B

HNNNGH! Now I feel bad. I'm sorry I thought you didn't look cool! You are...sorta cute in your own way?
*gives more poffins*

More on topic; a goblin would be an interesting idea but weren't the names based on chestnuts and hedgehogs? I imagine it will become bulky with spiked armor-like parts...maybe even have a hidden sword and/or shield similar to Samurott's swords?

Baktwerel said:
h2C3B6C2B

HNNNGH! Now I feel bad. I'm sorry I thought you didn't look cool! You are...sorta cute in your own way?
*gives more poffins*

More on topic; a goblin would be an interesting idea but weren't the names based on chestnuts and hedgehogs? I imagine it will become bulky with spiked armor-like parts...maybe even have a hidden sword and/or shield similar to Samurott's swords?

Maybe its back will be the chestnut part, and when it turns around you can see it as a shield?

also, @signofzeta, shouldn't there be a copyright sign somewhere on those boxes? I'm sure they should be at the bottom on the front (correct if wrong).
But that is a nice find if true, altho theme deck types aren't really that much of a big pointer towards potential starter types... just because a Pokemon is on the package of something doesn't mean its got any relation to the types in said package?
is Volcarona a water type? is Genesect psychic?

Fairy being on the deck is going to be for marketing. I can bet you that it'll say on the description of whichever of the decks its in (that is, if its in any) will say something like "You can also harness the power of the brand-new Fairy type, and you can only find them in this deck!"

Sheriff_K said:
This is how a chesnut grows...
chestnut03.jpg
Chespin's green spikes and "armor" are based of of this.

Sheriff_K said:

It's species name in Japan is "Shelled Chestnut Pokémon". :3

There's other subtle differences that might cause people to like the Sugimori art more of Pyroar. The nose is a bit more feline in the art, in the 3D it looks like it loses its stylized shape.

To me this pic looks more like a dog face than a cat:
pyroar-1.jpg

P.DelSlayer said:
Baktwerel said:
h2C3B6C2B

*gives more poffins*

Maybe its back will be the chestnut part, and when it turns around you can see it as a shield?

also, @signofzeta, shouldn't there be a copyright sign somewhere on those boxes? I'm sure they should be at the bottom on the front (correct if wrong).
But that is a nice find if true, altho theme deck types aren't really that much of a big pointer towards potential starter types... just because a Pokemon is on the package of something doesn't mean its got any relation to the types in said package?
is Volcarona a water type? is Genesect psychic?

Fairy being on the deck is going to be for marketing. I can bet you that it'll say on the description of whichever of the decks its in (that is, if its in any) will say something like "You can also harness the power of the brand-new Fairy type, and you can only find them in this deck!"

Hence why I said this is where I got the idea from, and in no indicator as to what the real thing might be. Everything is speculation right now. As for the copyright. On the theme deck shaped box, if it is like other theme decks, the copyright should be on the bottom, or perhaps on the back. For the other one, the image of the packaging without the energy symbols also do not have the copyright stuff, and I assume that they are going to be on the back of the packaging.

I have high doubts for both of them, considering that this is the only site that shows it that way, but then again, a $14.99 deluxe deck is kind of a steep price, and I wonder if there is going to be a $11.99 version. I posted in the Kalos starter set thread about the price, and I want to know what's in it to make the deck $14.99. The HS Undaunted and HS Triumphant decks with the one booster costs $12.99 according to their sell sheet. I just hope they reveal the cards in the kalos starter set, and I hope they reveal if there is going to be a cheaper version of these decks or not, and what makes the deluxe decks so deluxe. An extra booster just doesn't cut it.

Anyway, I'm more leaning closer to Water/Fighting, Fire/Psychic, and Grass/Dark, but anything could hold true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back