(1) 'CoroCoro' Leaking! [9/11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
98Greener said:
Game Freak is rustling my jimmies with fire.
In a good way.
Pyroar looks awesome, A mage Fennekin, AND FREAKING TORCHIC.

Any idea who was responsible for IGN? Y'know, with Pyroar?
I should say HOW they screwed up. But I'm not complaining.

Don't forget Charmander.

98Greener said:
Game Freak is rustling my jimmies with fire.
In a good way.
Pyroar looks awesome, A mage Fennekin, AND FREAKING TORCHIC.

Any idea who was responsible for IGN? Y'know, with Pyroar?
I should say HOW they screwed up. But I'm not complaining.

It is probably on purpose that 2 accidental leaks happenned this week.
Also to Blood welcome back to pokemon ad yah only a couple flying types learn it since most that learn it have a reason for it and birds don't.

Genius715 said:
It is exciting to see all of the new Pokemon! Pyroar looks really cool, I can't wait to play through and see who I am going to use on my team (most likely Kalos only).

We have seen a new Pokemon of every type except Ground now. I just can't wait to see what Ground types will look like in this region!
I am really hoping for a ground type snake like pokemon that is nothing like onix. Ground/Poison could be very interesting.
Thank you Zappy, it's good to be back. Played a little gold as well, but never really finished it.

Frezgle said:
Also, I really cannot see Chespin's final evolution becoming Grass/Dark with the way it's going now. Bright and cheery appearance? Unusual Rock (Rollout) and Ground (Mud Shot) moves? Yeah, not seeing it. The could do a whole 180 and pull a Dark-type evolution out of nowhere, but starters never suddenly change themes. I'm thinking the leaker made a mistake and meant Grass/Ground or Grass/Rock.
Rollout is in no way evidence toward it becoming Rock typed, just that its final stage will probably be somewhat round, like every Rollout user. You can't just make a mistake on the starter evolution's type. That's the sort of really important detail you make sure to remember.
Sheriff_K said:
Anyone else think Froakie's second evolution resembles a newt more than a frog? I hope they don't go that route for his 3rd evo, even though newts are one of my favorite animals, I'd prefer Froakie as a frog.
I had noticed that. The head looks like a frog still, but his skinny body really does make it look like a newt/salamander/gecko.
Sheriff_K said:
PS. Why do people care so much for R/S/E remakes? You already played it, and beat it, why do you need a remake? Just replay the original, it has awesome graphics. You can still get the Pokemon transfered and such. Besides, shouldn't you people be more excited for X/Y, you know, something NEW? <_<
Also, a remake is unlikely, given that Pokemon is now in 3D, making a remake of a 2D game would be going backward..
Personally, I've been spoiled by the physical/special split and movepools that aren't total garbage, so I find it hard to play gen 3 anymore. Why wouldn't I want to play a Hoenn game with updated graphics, moves, mechanics, and new Pokemon? Plus you need a DS phat or lite to transfer your gen 3 mons over. Neither of those are in production anymore. Also I don't even remotely understand what you're saying about remaking a 2D game into 3D is backwards in any way.
SkyeVictini said:
Ermahgerd, 30 merr derrs!!!! :D
30 murders? You're one sick puppy.

I'm pretty hyped to see all the different Pokemon that can only be found in kalos. Now if only I had a way to freeze myself till October 12th lol

Cinesra said:
Sheriff_K said:
Anyone else think Froakie's second evolution resembles a newt more than a frog? I hope they don't go that route for his 3rd evo, even though newts are one of my favorite animals, I'd prefer Froakie as a frog.
I had noticed that. The head looks like a frog still, but his skinny body really does make it look like a newt/salamander/gecko.

Tree frogs have thin bodies like that too. I don't really think having a thin body hints to anything else. I'm pretty sure he will still stay frog

So, Pyroar...
Looks decent to me. Not that spectacular but not bad either... It's a good lion Pokémon. The Kanji thing just makes me think of Fire Blast, so it's not the first time they do something like that... Also, I always said Litleo's tail simply looked like a flame, don't know why people decided to see it as a stinger, so I knew it would remain a lion for the rest of the line, I couldn't care less about the Manticore honestly...
Also, no matter what IGN says, I highly doubt Litleo evolves directly into Pyroar. There's gotta be a middle evo in there...

Re: the Chespin evo, I have never seen more assumptions made in one place about a pokemon's facial expression determining its future typing :rolleyes:

Pokemon that are or become dark types:

180px-331Cacnea.png

180px-341Corphish.png

200px-559Scraggy.png

Speaking of Scraggy, it now has a double weakness to the Fairy-type... The Fairy-types will come to dominate, especially since they are immune to the Dragon-type. (Especially Gardevoir, it loses a former weakness!)

Metalizard said:
So, Pyroar...
Looks decent to me. Not that spectacular but not bad either... It's a good lion Pokémon. The Kanji thing just makes me think of Fire Blast, so it's not the first time they do something like that... Also, I always said Litleo's tail simply looked like a flame, don't know why people decided to see it as a stinger, so I knew it would remain a lion for the rest of the line, I couldn't care less about the Manticore honestly...
Also, no matter what IGN says, I highly doubt Litleo evolves directly into Pyroar. There's gotta be a middle evo in there...

Thank you I never thought it even kind of looked like a stinger. Besides why take litLEO and evolve it to a manticore?

zappy800 said:
Metalizard said:
So, Pyroar...

Thank you I never thought it even kind of looked like a stinger. Besides why take litLEO and evolve it to a manticore?

Just because it has Leo in it's name doesn't mean it has to stay strictly a lion. Manticores are like winged lions with a scorpion tail, and some people say the point of a scorpion's tail looks like a tilted 6 or upside down 9 (depending on the angle), so next time you try to make a valid argument about why Litleo should or should not be a manticore, use some good information.

On another note, when i was attempting to translate the 14 leaked names, i believe i discovered how Hariboogu's name has a bit of the word for those spiked balls on a chain or a morningstar or something. This, and what my friend told me about bursting chestnuts a couple years ago, makes me believe the final evolution may be a tall fighting type designed to look like a combination between a weasel and a pangolin, as Chespin was easily mistaken for a squirrel or ferret, and Hariboogu is an armadillo (you can tell by his nose and ridges on the back). If this is indeed the case, we could very well see a mage Fennekin evolution and a thief Froakie evolution, resembling medieval times and fantasy themed games, based off of such times. Also, look at the list of leaked names.
Dianshii
Hariboogu — Most likely the evolution of Chespin
Gekogashira
Borukenion — Probably Volcanion
Dedenne
Horubii
Nyaonikusu ) — Probably Meowstick, as mentioned in a previous leak
Burigaron
Jigarude
Mafokushii
Fuupa
Gekkouga
Torimian
Teerunaa
I am guessing that "Volcanion" could be Volcano and Lion, so that could very well be Pyroar.
However, I shall continue investigating "Dianshii", "Burigaron", "Jigarude", and "Gekkouga". However, I am already guessing that at least 1 of these, besides Gekkouga, is related to the starters. I will try to make a new thread about these names' possible meanings if there is not one already.

FloodBadge said:
I am guessing that "Volcanion" could be Volcano and Lion, so that could very well be Pyroar.
However, I shall continue investigating "Dianshii", "Burigaron", "Jigarude", and "Gekkouga". However, I am already guessing that at least 1 of these, besides Gekkouga, is related to the starters. I will try to make a new thread about these names' possible meanings if there is not one already.

I'm not sure about anything else there, but Gekkouga and Gekogashira I may have an explanation for.

Gekko/Geko can be "gecko" pretty easily, of course, but gekkō/gekkou is a word for moonlight. The phrase "wakagashira" (or it might be "waka gashira") is apparently a type of mid-level yakuza member, so I think the "waka" could be replaced with "geko". Froakie's Japanese name, "keromatsu" could be based on a combination of the word for frog and "matsuzaka", which I gather is the lowest member in an organization (literally 'lowest seat'). I think "gekkouga" is a reference to Kouga/Koga from Gen 1, personally, but kouga can mean elegance from what I was able to find.

I think the thief imagery people are connecting to Froakie and its evolution (some people think the bubbles on Froakie's back look like a thief's satchel, etc.) works well with these interpretations, especially since the yakuza and/or ninja reference would line up against the leaker's assertion that Froakie's final stage would be Water/Fighting. It's also worth noting that some people think the English name, Froakie, is a portmanteau of Frog, Croak, and Rookie (although personally I think that's a bit of a stretch).

FloodBadge said:
zappy800 said:

Just because it has Leo in it's name doesn't mean it has to stay strictly a lion. Manticores are like winged lions with a scorpion tail, and some people say the point of a scorpion's tail looks like a tilted 6 or upside down 9 (depending on the angle), so next time you try to make a valid argument about why Litleo should or should not be a manticore, use some good information.

On another note, when i was attempting to translate the 14 leaked names, i believe i discovered how Hariboogu's name has a bit of the word for those spiked balls on a chain or a morningstar or something. This, and what my friend told me about bursting chestnuts a couple years ago, makes me believe the final evolution may be a tall fighting type designed to look like a combination between a weasel and a pangolin, as Chespin was easily mistaken for a squirrel or ferret, and Hariboogu is an armadillo (you can tell by his nose and ridges on the back). If this is indeed the case, we could very well see a mage Fennekin evolution and a thief Froakie evolution, resembling medieval times and fantasy themed games, based off of such times. Also, look at the list of leaked names.
Dianshii
Hariboogu — Most likely the evolution of Chespin
Gekogashira
Borukenion — Probably Volcanion
Dedenne
Horubii
Nyaonikusu ) — Probably Meowstick, as mentioned in a previous leak
Burigaron
Jigarude
Mafokushii
Fuupa
Gekkouga
Torimian
Teerunaa

No I meant it looks way too cute for ending as a manticore and if it were a manticore it would make more sense to give it it's second type as litleo. Besides The stinger purely looks like a stylized fire to me.

Leaferian said:
FloodBadge said:

I'm not sure about anything else there, but Gekkouga and Gekogashira I may have an explanation for.

Gekko/Geko can be "gecko" pretty easily, of course, but gekkō/gekkou is a word for moonlight. The phrase "wakagashira" (or it might be "waka gashira") is apparently a type of mid-level yakuza member, so I think the "waka" could be replaced with "geko". Froakie's Japanese name, "keromatsu" could be based on a combination of the word for frog and "matsuzaka", which I gather is the lowest member in an organization (literally 'lowest seat'). I think "gekkouga" is a reference to Kouga/Koga from Gen 1, personally, but kouga can mean elegance from what I was able to find.

I think the thief imagery people are connecting to Froakie and its evolution (some people think the bubbles on Froakie's back look like a thief's satchel, etc.) works well with these interpretations, especially since the yakuza and/or ninja reference would line up against the leaker's assertion that Froakie's final stage would be Water/Fighting. It's also worth noting that some people think the English name, Froakie, is a portmanteau of Frog, Croak, and Rookie (although personally I think that's a bit of a stretch).

I'd like to point out he originally stated froakie was the dark type of the three and chespin was fighting. Then later he told us he mixed those up so froakie actually could be dark typed to go with the thief idea.

FloodBadge said:
zappy800 said:

I am very happy that Litleo's evolution Pyroar is not a Manticore! I too really don't see where people thought Litleo's tail looked scorpion. It is a common stylized way to draw the fur at the tip of a lion's tail (as shown below in the links). Also it is probably meant to look like a small flame, same idea as Pansear but with lion fur colours. Look at it this way, if you take a teardrop/flame shape imagining it is a 3D form and turn it into a 3/4 front view like what Litleo is in you get litleo's tail. So yes it can be misinterpreted as a scorpion tail but its not. How is that for "good infromation?" lol. :D That being said I wouldn't mind a winged lion Mega Evolution (not a manticore) like the statues found in Venice, Italy.

litleo.jpg
pansear.jpg

Stylized Lion Tail Examples:

http://howtodrawanimals.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/drawing1.jpg
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs40/f/2009/005/a/8/Free_Lion_Sketch_by_Rurouna_by_Misfit_Pride.jpg
http://static.ddmcdn.com/gif/how-to-draw-animals-88.jpg
http://freecoloringpagesite.com/coloring-pics/lion-coloring-pictures-5.jpg
http://www.leon56.org/images/Lion%20Logo.gif
http://www.freetattoodesigns.org/images/lion-tattoo-design.gif

Winged Lion of Venice Example:

http://pickledthoughtsandpinot.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/p1060653.jpg

mikes-ocean-sun said:
FloodBadge said:

I am very happy that Litleo's evolution Pyroar is not a Manticore! I too really don't see where people thought Litleo's tail looked scorpion. It is a common stylized way to draw the fur at the tip of a lion's tail (as shown below in the links). Also it is probably meant to look like a small flame, same idea as Pansear but with lion fur colours. Look at it this way, if you take a teardrop/flame shape imagining it is a 3D form and turn it into a 3/4 front view like what Litleo is in you get litleo's tail. So yes it can be misinterpreted as a scorpion tail but its not. How is that for "good infromation?" lol. :D That being said I wouldn't mind a winged lion Mega Evolution (not a manticore) like the statues found in Venice, Italy.

litleo.jpg
pansear.jpg

Stylized Lion Tail Examples:

http://howtodrawanimals.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/drawing1.jpg
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs40/f/2009/005/a/8/Free_Lion_Sketch_by_Rurouna_by_Misfit_Pride.jpg
http://static.ddmcdn.com/gif/how-to-draw-animals-88.jpg
http://freecoloringpagesite.com/coloring-pics/lion-coloring-pictures-5.jpg
http://www.leon56.org/images/Lion%20Logo.gif
http://www.freetattoodesigns.org/images/lion-tattoo-design.gif

Winged Lion of Venice Example:

http://pickledthoughtsandpinot.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/p1060653.jpg

I believed it was a manticore due to the color and shape of it. If it were going to be a regular fire-typed pokemon, i would see the tail having an S-shaped flame-like tail, similar to the Mega DNA shape. If you look up images of cartoon scorpions, you could see where it came from.

http://www.clker.com/cliparts/2/5/8/9/11949837101574413236scorpion-md-v0.1.svg.hi.png
http://www.how-to-draw-cartoons-online.com/image-files/black-scorpion-13.gif
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sniDIPzJ29M/UFihvM11KZI/AAAAAAAABbk/jWZ0dNtvlZE/s320/scorpion.jpg
http://howtodraw.123peppy.com/pic/how-to-draw-a-cartoon-scorpio.jpg
http://www.4to40.com/images/coloring_book/scorpion.gif

Except Scorpion tails aren't made of fur and clearly have a distinct stinger on the end, at most you could tickle someone with litleo's and pyroar's tail.

even looking at Skorupi, Drapion and Gliscor its obvious that A. on Skorupi/Drapion a true Scorpion they seperate the stinger and the bulb of the tail it's attached to, and B, whenever they do Scorpions they give them two stingers for some reason

How could we tell it was fur? Besides, we have plenty of pokemon that have fur, as well as pokemon who have something that looks like fur but is actually just skin. For all we knew, he could have had a light coat of fur and the dark stuff was skin or something and the red on his head was simply a crest. Besides, this isnt real life so of course the stinger wouldn't have been as distinct as a real stinger. I mean, there's plenty of things in the pokemon world that aren't so distinct but are there and still function.

xayshade said:
Cinesra said:

Tree frogs have thin bodies like that too. I don't really think having a thin body hints to anything else. I'm pretty sure he will still stay frog
I think the head looks thin too.. :p

@Cinesra, I meant remaking a 2D game in 2D would be going backwards. Since they wouldn't have the resources, or the drive/reason, to remake/completely redo it into 3D when they could be working on a 3D Sequel to X/Y.. So if they do release a remake, it'd be 2D, or nothing.

Honestly it could have been seen either way, everyone has different opinions and theres only so much you can tell from the images we've seen. It's really no big deal.

corocoro91314.jpg

Seeing bigger clearer images somehow makes me warm up to Chespin's evo a little more... that and the fact that I gave it a day. It is still my least favorite of these designs but I can tolerate it a little more now. It definitely won't sway my choice of Chespin as my starter if the final form looks good, I'm really counting on the whole "bursting out of its chestnut shell" and "Shelgon"concept.

As for the Fennekin one, honestly the only thing that I don't really like about it is the very awkwardly shaped ear hair. I like how Fennekin's were tufty, but this one just looks very odd and elongated, like what kind of hair looks like that. HOWEVER, I will dismiss this if the final form has ears with flowing fire coming out of them, like I am hoping for.
I am a little disappointed that they didn't do anything interesting with the lines on it's head, and like everyone else, the fact that it isnt a quadruped, but I like the result of it being a biped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back