(1) 'CoroCoro' Leaking! [9/11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would Parting Shot be "???-type". Is there another new type?

Edit: Dual types could be another option, but why would a status move have two types?

Although Water is my least favorite type (regardless of always favoring the Water starter...except in Gen I), and although Fennekin was my favorite of the base forms, I can safely say the tradition continues and I'll be choosing Froakie.

Good thing, too, as it makes my choice of starter much easier. Froakie, Bulbasaur, Torchic. Done.

1378899911822.jpg

type chart.

Ice is still just as shitty as it was...

seems only steel lost 2 resistances and nothing else changed at all -___-

Two random thoughts:

1) I've been wanting a Brontosaurus-y fossil Pokémon since forever, and not only is it Ice (one of my favorite types), but it has an ability that lets it overcome Ice's weak movepool. Ice-type Hyper Beam/Giga Impact anyone? Freakin' awesome is what that is.

2) Where the heck is Ohrotto? It's been a weirdly long time since it appeared in that trailer, and still no official reveal. I don't think there's any huge secret reason it hasn't been shown yet, but it's still kinda odd.

dragotoed said:
GOSHDARNIT. Why does Chespin's evo look the crappiest? T_T Chespin was my fave among the three, but these 2nd stage evos make Fennekin and Froakie look better. D:

Don't worry mg friend I feel the same way. However look at dewott and samurott I still believe it can turn into something cool...I mean its a bit more fat cuz its a hedgehog but it has neat design(if u look at the patterns not fatness) hopefully it will look more bulky and less fat-like when it evolves

DorianBlack said:
Two random thoughts:

1) I've been wanting a Brontosaurus-y fossil Pokémon since forever, and not only is it Ice (one of my favorite types), but it has an ability that lets it overcome Ice's weak movepool. Ice-type Hyper Beam/Giga Impact anyone? Freakin' awesome is what that is.

2) Where the heck is Ohrotto? It's been a weirdly long time since it appeared in that trailer, and still no official reveal. I don't think there's any huge secret reason it hasn't been shown yet, but it's still kinda odd.

1. I agree on the Brontosaurus thing. That and the T-rex are the main dinos (in addition to raptors, triceratops, and pteradactyls) that people think of when they think of dinosaurs. No earthly idea why they took so long to make them =/ And it has an awesome ability. It's too bad its type is so crippling though x.0 I mean, It's weak against Fire, Rock, Water, Grass, Ground, and has a 4x weakness to FIghting and Steel. Why did they do that to the little guy?! T.T

2. No earthly idea, maybe it has some sort of gimmick in the game. Like Malimar's evolution method, Gogoat as a riding pokemon, and the poodle's customization

Fairy/Poison is pretty nice defensively:
-two 4x resistances (Fighting and Bug)
-three 2x resistances (Dark, Grass, and Fairy)
-one immunity (Dragon)
-three 2x weaknesses (Ground, Psychic, Steel)

Of course Fairy/Steel is way better - only weak to Fire and Ground and has two immunities, one 4x resist, and seven 2x resists.

@Brydont: Actually the Rock-type makes up for the weakness to Fire. Overall it still has a lot weaknesses, but Ice and Rock have strong offence too!

Drohn said:
Actually the Rock-type makes up for the weakness to Fire.

Ha you're right, dropped the ball on that one ^^' But it still has a pretty unfortunate type combo <.<

I'm just a little disappointed that it looks as though Chespins final Evo looks like it will stand on 4 legs and Fennekin on 2.
They do this for the majority of Grass and Fire starters. :(

(facepalm) Oh my...Chespin is turning into a mole...that nose. Sad, so sad. T.T I didn't like any of the starters evos: Chespin resembles a derp chubby barrel, Fennekin's evolutions has tiny white arms and despite likinfg the broom tail idea it seems like it just got stuck in there and about Froakie's, I don't like those hands, it seems a truck ran over its hands and I would prefer that it retained a more light blue head.

Mega-Garchomp: well that image that @Zielo posted in another thread wasn't far from the truth!!
New Mega-Mewtwo: I like it. I was surprised and shocked when I saw it but less than when seeing Y Mewtwo's Mega-evolution, although my though go to Frieza!

I also like the new cat, poodle and fossil Pokémon. The cats remind me of Sailor Moon's cats somehow...-_-. The poodle customization seems a neat idea and one that follows along with the french theme. About the fossils...Meganium now has a distant relative alive and the t-rex, I can't hope to see one of these run amock in the anime and causing trouble after come to life!

Btw, Team Flare's scients look like new Rotom forms...or just Lady Gaga's fans.

Poor Chespin. It was my least favorite initially, but its evolution is a very, very distant third place. It's almost as if they tried to make it hilariously hideous. Then again, maybe that sets it up for an awesome evolution.

Fennekin evo: why oh why did they have to make you bipedal? The design is good (if a bit more feminine than I was hoping), but really...another Fire starter that becomes bipedal as it evolves (I'm looking at you, Typhlosion and Pignite/Emboar)?

Brydont said:
Drohn said:
Actually the Rock-type makes up for the weakness to Fire.

Ha you're right, dropped the ball on that one ^^' But it still has a pretty unfortunate type combo <.<

Eh, I don't play competitively, so I'm still pretty stoked. And at this point in the series, any new type combination is exciting.

Water Pokémon Master said:
Dual-type moves next month?

Hey, they've gotta save some secrets for the release month, right?

One thing I noticed is Flabébé's different flowers have been shown

Amarusu is cute. And I'm glad to be Froakie mustard race.

Just like a man who's been given a bottle of water after wandering for days in the desert, I'm a bit satisfied... But I thirst for more! O:<

Haha but anyway, all-in-all, this was a pretty good reveal for me. I liked pretty much everything... except Chespin evo, Mewtwo X's feet, and Mega Garchomp, but I feel like even those will grow on me, they always do. And for those who are upset about Chespin, do not fear! It still has one more chance at redemption! O:<

Water Pokémon Master said:
Dual-type moves next month?

Definitely, but I cant help but feel that Geomancy could be one of them. What with the shimmering colors, and the fact that it's pretty much a magic earthquake. But I could be wrong, just grasping at straws at this point.

I'm glad Mewtwo got a (hopefully) physically-based forme. Now it can utilize Bulk Up + Drain Punch as more than just a gimmick, especially when paired with Psycho Cut and Rock Slide.

Team Flare are looking to create a beautiful world.
Calling it now, they're either gonna use Xerneas (in X) to create their idea of a beautiful world, or Yveltal (in Y) to destroy places that they deem unsuitable for a beautiful world.
You heard it here first!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back