(1) Dragon-type Rayquaza, Salamence, and Haxorus from 'Dragon Selection' Revealed! [1/5]

RE: (1) Dragon-type Rayquaza from 'Dragon Selection' Revealed! [1/5]

My, that didn't take long.

I'm mostly just surprised the blank looks so bland and the attacks don't cost any Dragon-type Energy. Maybe I'm jaded, but I expected something more...impressive?

Edit: As far as I can tell, the first attack is called "Dragon Beam" (or something) and the effect is "Discard 2 cards from your hand." Wow, that's pretty bad.

Looks like Dragon energy will definitely only be a special energy after all...

I'm thinking that the Dragon type is one of those things that only apply to pokemon cards, and that there won't be any dragon energy cards, and the energy needed to power up a dragon type pokemon is a combination of the other 8 energies, much like how Rayquaza needed fire and lightning. Just think of dragon types as Magic's gold framed multicolor cards.

Reason is, having a 9th energy type is going a little to overboard.

Haxorus' first is "Armor Press". During your next turn, this Pokemon takes 20 less damage from your opponent's attacks.
Haxorus' second is "Double Chop" aka Dual Chop. Flip 2 coins; this attack does 90 damage for each heads.

Rayquaza and Salamence have the same second attack. I don't have a clue about Salamence's ability.

Thing I've noticed is...why do these guys need 2 different energy types to attack? And why is Haxorus Ground + Steel energy required? It seems...silly.

Edit: Apparently it's only going to have 20 cards total. Tentative speculation list, anyone?

EXACTLY HOW I WANTED THEM! High HP, pretty card design, multitypes, weakness to dragon, large retreat! FANTASTIC :D All I want now is a good dragon-based supporter, and DDE (double dragon energy) that is essentially a DRE for dragon types. I really hope these guys are good. The damage is a bit low, though...

actually the 1st attack have something to do with the top 2 cards of your deck.. if i'm not wrong its put the top 2 cards of your deck to the discard pile.. the word 山札 means deck..

They are near useless, though I guess you could use Haxorus with Victini. I think I'll be able to complete this set in probably less than six boosters if it comes out in English! This' will be the set yo bribe kids with, though, they'll think it's so cool.

DNA said:
Haxorus' first is "Armor Press". During your next turn, this Pokemon takes 20 less damage from your opponent's attacks.
Haxorus' second is "Double Chop" aka Dual Chop. Flip 2 coins; this attack does 90 damage for each heads.

Rayquaza and Salamence have the same second attack. I don't have a clue about Salamence's ability.

Thing I've noticed is...why do these guys need 2 different energy types to attack? And why is Haxorus Ground + Steel energy required? It seems...silly.

Edit: Apparently it's only going to have 20 cards total. Tentative speculation list, anyone?
Nothing is really that great... they take 2 energy types because they are dragons. Dragons are awesome and good dragons take two random types of energies... don't question :3

This attack’s damage isn’t affected by any effects on the opponent’s Active Pokemon? if that's so then what's the point of dragon having weakness to dragon?

Salamence is the better one out of the 3 i think with the ability.. rayquaza for early beater? a better hitmonchan for haymaker i think..

shiwei87tan said:
actually the 1st attack have something to do with the top 2 cards of your deck.. if i'm not wrong its put the top 2 cards of your deck to the discard pile.. the word 山札 means deck..
Ah, thank you very much for letting me know. While doing my own translations I was comparing it to Japanese scans I'd seen before, and while reading it, it looked very similar to Junk Arm. I checked the Junk Arm Japanese scan and it looked very similar to the point where I thought it was identical.

Ah well, at least I was half right there and I got the Haxorus correct :p

Oh, by the way, Tear Through does not ignore Weakness. Look at Conkeldurr's Chip Away; Weakness and Resistance is still applied. Other effects from things such as Eviolite are not.

That's a lot of energy for not that much damage... I foresee some sort of Dragon-exclusive rainbow/double rainbow energy, or maybe something that increases damage by a lot.

Back